Transfer Rumour Ellis Simms (3 Viewers)

SkyBlueCV2

I'm hoping Simms finds his scoring boots in the second half of the season. I do rate some of his play such as pace and strength which can always make a defender nervous. A fine assist against Oxford too.

shmmeee

Ellis Simms is magic
He’s got magic hair
He took one look at Sunderland
And fucked right off from there
Now he plays for City
He is our number 9
And as we sing him this song
Up the table we will climb

mmttww

Because I'll lose my mind if I have to keep hearing 'Simms Will Tear You Apart', I'm gonna be trying...

Ellis, Ellis Simms
Ellis Simms
Ellis, Ellis Simms
Ellis Simms.....

x a lot

to 'Give it Up' by KC and the Sunshine Band. Anyone around block 15 vs. Maidstone, you've been warned.

TwistAndShoutCCFC1987

Because I'll lose my mind if I have to keep hearing 'Simms Will Tear You Apart', I'm gonna be trying...

Ellis, Ellis Simms
Ellis Simms
Ellis, Ellis Simms
Ellis Simms.....

x a lot

to 'Give it Up' by KC and the Sunshine Band. Anyone around block 15 vs. Maidstone, you've been warned.
The jodi jones song recycled

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Having watched his goal ‘celebration’ from last night, I have deduced this: that Simms appears like the sort of guy who could accidentally shut his fingers in the car door, violently, and not even react. 🤣

Must be an Alien or a Robot.

The Wave Dancing GIF

AFCCOVENTRY

What we are seeing is someone like Torp who can thread great balls into the strikers from midfield to run onto.

Simms has always been good at running onto goal with balls like last night (Torp pass) from clips from his spells at other clubs.

He needs to keep hold of that position and he will get into double figures by season end.

Alkhen

What we are seeing is someone like Torp who can thread great balls into the strikers from midfield to run onto.

Simms has always been good at running onto goal with balls like last night (Torp pass) from clips from his spells at other clubs.

He needs to keep hold of that position and he will get into double figures by season end.
Yep exactly this, Hamer was that player last season. We have missed someone who can spot an opportunity to spring an attack early. I'm so glad Torp has hit the floor running as I think he is the key to getting whoever plays the No 9 position involved

Last edited:

Seaside-Skyblue

Ellis, Ellis Simms
Ellis Simms
Ellis, Ellis Simms
Ellis Simms.....

x a lot

This will do for me, simple and much better than the current. Please make this happen.

Sent from my SM-A346B using Tapatalk

rob9872

🎵🎵 Our 24's shite so we'd better get used to Ellis
Ellis?
Super fookin Ellis!

Astute

69' 5' 31' 70' 11' 10' 31' 75' 33' 90'

Simms mins in the last 10. Time to give him a run of starts I think.
Some of us have been after him getting a run in the side all season. Every new player except for Torp needed a run of games before it was decided they weren't shite. Why would Simms be any different?

But whatever happens he will be a target for the boo boys. We even had someone trying to blame Simms for their second goal because they got the ball close to their own goal when he was trying to score for us. Nobody else at fault even though the ball had to cover nearly the length of the pitch and got put in the back of the net by one of our own players.

Saying that having a go at our strikers is nothing new. Anyone remember the game before? Other than winning a penalty, scoring the penalty and then getting another goal Wright was supposed to have played shite 🙄😂

slowpoke

Some of us have been after him getting a run in the side all season. Every new player except for Torp needed a run of games before it was decided they weren't shite. Why would Simms be any different?

But whatever happens he will be a target for the boo boys. We even had someone trying to blame Simms for their second goal because they got the ball close to their own goal when he was trying to score for us. Nobody else at fault even though the ball had to cover nearly the length of the pitch and got put in the back of the net by one of our own players.

Saying that having a go at our strikers is nothing new. Anyone remember the game before? Other than winning a penalty, scoring the penalty and then getting another goal Wright was supposed to have played shite 🙄😂

Come on guys, Simms will turn out to be a good player just have faith.
He was with both Man City & Everton, you don’t play for those two clubs if you are shit.
Loads of good, hopeful clubs in the championship were all wanting him so everyone would have done their research on his ability.
Let’s all have some faith and get behind him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

slowpoke

MikeyMoo

Ok a tongue in cheek daft one, to the vera lynn white cliffs of dover

I'm sure he'll score again some sunny day
Does anybody here remember Ellis Simms?
Remember how he said that he would score again some sunny day…
Ellis! Ellis! What has become of you?
Does anybody else in here feel the way I do?

Courtesy of Roger Waters/Pink Floyd

MikeyMoo

Harmlessly passing his time in the grassland away…
Only dimly aware of a certain unease in the air…
You better watch out!
There may be Simms around
I’ve looked over Coventry and seen
…things are not what they seem!

Bleating and babbling Simms fell on the ball with a scream…
Wave after wave of sky blue avengers march cheerfully out of obscurity into the dream
What a surprise!
The look of shock in the goalkeeper’s eyes!
Now things are really what they seem,
Simms is a sky blue dream!

Roger Waters/Pink Floyd again

Last edited:

Johnnythespider

I know he has gotten a lot of stick on this forum, but I have always believed he will come good.

I think next season will probably be when we see the best of him.
I think he's been waiting for a player like Torp, and agree that we'll see his best next season, but if he gets a run in the team now he might produce the form to see us into the play offs.

Users who are viewing this thread