Transfer Rumour Ellis Simms (2 Viewers)

fatso

The irony of this forum. Folks updating by the minute for exciting transfer news only to write a new signing off three games into the season. The same clueless morons who called for Biamou over Gyokeres. Simms is going to be just fine. Everton fans rated him - good finisher.
Again with the moronic comment!

Who has written who off exactly???

SKYBLUES90

Mentioned this in the match thread, but there was a moment where Simms was released down the channel by DaSilva. Was ball side, defender a couple of yards behind.

Now i dont know if its because we were spoiled by Vik, but what I saw from that position was shite.

He ended up stumbling around, ball never under control and if anything had started to roll out, he nudges it along a bit whilst flailing about, somehow allows the defender to get round him and start taking the ball away, simms drags him back and fouls him.

I just found that piss poor, thats bread and butter for a big striker isnt it, shield the ball near the touchline, try and hold it up, lay the ball off or win a foul or throw.

And when the foul was given it was just nonchalant 'meh'. I'll reserve until after the international break before i become overly critical but i just thought that, along with the movement I've seen from him isnt that standard i thought he would bring as of yet

Looks like his boots are set in concrete.

Im not going to write him off as it’s still early days for him and it’s obviously going to take time for the team to gel etc but from the first couple of games I haven’t been impressed.

He looks so clumsy, really hope he comes good as I feel him and wright would be some partnership.

saveitforthewombles

Looks like his boots are set in concrete.

Im not going to write him off as it’s still early days for him and it’s obviously going to take time for the team to gel etc but from the first couple of games I haven’t been impressed.

He looks so clumsy, really hope he comes good as I feel him and wright would be some partnership.
he looks exactly like Vik did imo - lacking match sharpness and an understanding of the system. But it's very gracious of you not to write him off just yet......

fatso

So that makes it OK? Godden is a seasoned pro - been at the club years. His situation is different - although no idea why he gets abuse.
If you read the above posts you'd see that Simms gets applauded by the SBA when he comes on, and they are backing him during the game, so he's not suffering from a lack of support.

I doubt he bothers to read any posts on here, but should we be saying that only positive posts should be allowed?

Should we ban any opinion that differs from yours?

Should we block any comments regarding any players performance if they haven't averaged 8/10 ?

Any player not performing well is going to get stick, their age won't be taken into account when they've come from a premier league team, have cost millions and have a record of scoring plenty at this level.

Simms has already played and scored at a far higher level than Godden. So the talent and ability is in there somewhere.

saveitforthewombles

If you read the above posts you'd see that Simms gets applauded by the SBA when he comes on, and they are backing him during the game, so he's not suffering from a lack of support.

I doubt he bothers to read any posts on here, but should we be saying that only positive posts should be allowed?

Should we ban any opinion that differs from yours?

Should we block any comments regarding any players performance if they haven't averaged 8/10 ?

Any player not performing well is going to get stick, their age won't be taken into account when they've come from a premier league team, have cost millions and have a record of scoring plenty at this level.

Simms has already played and scored at a far higher level than Godden. So the talent and ability is in there somewhere.
Yes and screaming 'SOMETHING HAS TO CHANGE QUICKLY' on a forum is exactly the right approach to coax that talent out from where it's currently hiding. There's a difference between saying someone had a bad game and saying 'he's shit'. FWIW he looked OK at leicester - snatched at a few but won the corner we scored from. Did OK against middlebrough (won 3-0), hit the target with one in the first half from memory. They're a team Vik struggled to make an impact against last year. Was OK when he came on yesterday but didnt get any chances.

fatso

It’s crazy - you write three or four essays suggesting we drop him for some random U18 players, and people start suggesting you’re writing him off!
I haven't suggested we drop him for some random u18.

If you actually read the post you'd of seen that if (if) he doesn't step up he will be overtaken by the youngsters.
That's the same for any player at any club.

Amazing how you can read a post and interpret it however you choose.

saveitforthewombles

But...but...WE NEED RAW PACE!!!
There are some classic go tos when listening to phone-ins etc:

- he needs to give more effort/he's not trying - 'get me on there and I'll give 100%' (aka the Sean Flynn argument)
- why don't we switch to an entirely different system (someone yesterday asking why we don't play 4 at the back when we've bought players to play in a 5)
- why don't we give the youngsters (who we've never seen) a chance

Alkhen

Why do you have this constant fascination with people writing him off?

No-one is writing anyone off after a 3 games, when they haven't even played a full 90 minutes, it's a ridiculous statement to make. but somehow keeps getting banded around.

Let me spell it out to you, so we can put it to bed.

We are saying, he needs to improve, he needs to contribute more (not just goals) he needs to have an impact in the final third, and that is what is missing at the moment.

That is clearly being noted by MR as Simms has gone from automatic first choice starter, to someone who sits on the bench and gets a 10 minute run out. If he can't step up, then he'll fall behind the youngsters who are coming through, and we can't afford to spend big money on a player who isn't playing.

So he needs some coaching, some loving or an arm round the shoulder, or a kick up the arse, I've no idea which, but something needs to change.

Fine line between writing someone off and heaping so much criticism and pressure on someone after 3 appearances, it's like you'll get a kick of you are right and he fails. Why go in on him like you have above? What do you get out of it? it's been such a short time, also who are you to waffle on about what Robins thinks. You are as clueless as the rest of us. How bout you get off the players back until he has had a chance.

There are people on here who have made up there mind, such at Hamertime.. pathetic, probably just a troll but maybe just thick

fatso

Haven’t written him off yet , Vik didn’t inspire when he first signed either. Let’s hope he takes sometime to get used to how we play and comes up trumps.

But bar the second half at Leicester, he has looked like a bit of a cart horse so far, that includes the friendly at Exeter where he was the worst player on the pitch
Agreed, unfortunately for you, even though you started your post by saying you havnt written him off, you've now officially written him off and your a moron, and a hater, and don't know anything, (according to some on here,)

Last edited:

Otis

I'm sure there were quite a number of people on here saying we should dump Godden after all the chances he squandered against Leicester first game.

fatso

Fine line between writing someone off and heaping so much criticism and pressure on someone after 3 appearances, it's like you'll get a kick of you are right and he fails. Why go in on him like you have above? What do you get out of it? it's been such a short time, also who are you to waffle on about what Robins thinks. You are as clueless as the rest of us. How bout you get off the players back until he has had a chance.

There are people on here who have made up there mind, such at Hamertime.. pathetic, probably just a troll but maybe just thick
It's a ccfc forum where performances are discussed, I say it as I see it, if you disagree that fine, your entitled to.

I believe I've been fair in my comments, Simms has undoubtedly been poor in his performances since the meaningless friendly against Exeter, I don't believe anyone could disagree.

I've also said that he needs to improve, I've also pointed out that it's very early days and he will undoubtedly get plenty of games to improve, hopefully starting against one of his former clubs Sunderland on Sat.
But as I've said he's also fallen to no3 striker by the looks of things.

The criticism comes because he doesn't look like he's putting in 100% effort imo.
That's why he gets less patience than Wright who is also taking time to settle.

Alkhen

It's a ccfc forum where performances are discussed, I say it as I see it, if you disagree that fine, your entitled to.

I believe I've been fair in my comments, Simms has undoubtedly been poor in his performances since the meaningless friendly against Exeter, I don't believe anyone could disagree.

I've also said that he needs to improve, I've also pointed out that it's very early days and he will undoubtedly get plenty of games to improve, hopefully starting against one of his former clubs Sunderland on Sat.
But as I've said he's also fallen to no3 striker by the looks of things.

The criticism comes because he doesn't look like he's putting in 100% effort imo.
That's why he gets less patience than Wright who is also taking time to settle.
3 games tho, too soon

Mucca Mad Boys

? Hamer was class from game one.
I personally rated Hamer from day one, but his discipline was not great. I’m sure if we took a look at earlier match threads we’d see a lot of negativity.

There were naysayers in the minority until before the World Cup - that’s not an unfair observation is it?

shmmeee

I personally rated Hamer from day one, but his discipline was not great. I’m sure if we took a look at earlier match threads we’d see a lot of negativity.

There were naysayers in the minority until before the World Cup - that’s not an unfair observation is it?

He clearly had quality though. The negativity came from the same three people that slag off every decent player TBF.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Reminds me of Tyler Walker. I think it was a panic buy without really doing their homework, seen he scored a goal in the prem and thought he’d be good enough. I reckon the other players think he’s no good too.
MR wanted Walker for ages, just like he did Chaplin. I've be really surprised if during that time they didn't do a fair bit of scouting on him. Neither worked out here, but that doesn't mean they were panic buys.

shmmeee

Also think simms will benefit with us having a box to box midfielder In the side

I think he’s have done better starting yesterday. First half we were actually getting the sorts of balls he needs into the box. Second half he was feeding off scraps.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

With Simms I really feel it's a confidence thing. When things aren't going his way his head can drop a bit and with it goes just that little bit of motivation and effort.

We've all done it where we've been playing well and with confidence - every pass goes exactly where you want it, you control everything and every shot is struck perfectly and you're not even thinking about it. But when you're not the doubt creeps in and you overthink and all your technique goes to pot and it's like you've never seen a football before.

If Simms could get a goal or two and his confidence back up, I think a lot of the other parts of his game would come back with it and he could be a nightmare for the opposition. It's just getting him there.

In the past you'd probably say "have a game in the reserves and fill your boots", but nowadays that'd be seen as poor man management and a player would take it personally.

EalingSB

I had a chat with a group of staff from Everton earlier this summer, just after we’d signed Simms. They said he’s a great young lad who probably doesn’t realise how good he is. They tipped him to thrive if Robins could instil that belief in him and lift his game as he’s done with many players. That’s enough for me. Give the lad a chance.

shmmeee

I had a chat with a group of staff from Everton earlier this summer, just after we’d signed Simms. They said he’s a great young lad who probably doesn’t realise how good he is. They tipped him to thrive if Robins could instil that belief in him and lift his game as he’s done with many players. That’s enough for me. Give the lad a chance.

Id love to know what sort of striker they see him as. I’m not sure he knows himself.

Mucca Mad Boys

He clearly had quality though. The negativity came from the same three people that slag off every decent player TBF.

Our sample size is small, we haven’t created much in our games so far. Godden’s goals have both been very well taken (exactly what we need tbh) as neither of his goals were ‘clear cut’ chances.

Without Hamer’s passing range, we struggle to transition the ball up the field quickly. Eccles and Sheaf have their positives but that isn’t one of them. Either we sign someone similar to Hamer or change our style of play. With 4 incoming players, you’d think a CM to replace Hamer will come in.

In preseason, Palmer was direct with his passing and we missed him yesterday too.

Great_Expectations

He’s lacking confidence and getting used to different players, system, tactics etc.

He’ll absolutely come good.

He isn’t Vik, we’ll likely not have a figurehead like him for a long long time, he was a unicorn and we shouldn’t be comparing anyone to him. That’s part of the reason for the negativity IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread