Transfer Rumour Ellis Simms (6 Viewers)

hamertime

He’s not going to be good enough for us on current showing. The decision to start him was wrong and it’s the reason we didn’t win. Thought everyone played well except Simms. If he offered things in general play i wouldn’t be bothered about the lack of goals but there is literally nothing. He looks lost.

djr8369

I watched him intently for a bit to see if i was being harsh.

He just fucking ambles about. His choice of run is shocking. Never in the channels, never off the shoulder. Looks like bambi on ice when he does get it. There was a moment where Sheaf was itching to play hom through, simms went, stopped, went stopped, dallyed about leading to the chance going and Sheaf having to turn back

A few times after that both Sheaf and Eccles turned back after going forward due to Simms piss poor movement

Wright is way better at this point. And Goddens putting the pair of them to shame
I saw him make several runs where the ball wasn’t played in or was played too late. The team just needs time to bed in.

pusbccfc

I thought he was ok today, put through a couple of times by Palmer and nearly scored.

Ive just got a bad feeling though, because he’s not Gyokeres, people are writing him off already.

He desperately needs a goal to get people off his back

It's more to do with his price tag for me. He's a big lad who doesn't win many duels.

He's the type of player where we'll need to adapt to his style rather than him adapting to ours.

Terry Gibson's perm

He needs the ball to hit him and go in but he needs to be on the pitch for that, today it was ludicrous to leave on Godden and take him off.

SkyblueTexan

Sunderland fans seem glad they didn't buy Simms, especially for that high a price. Think with Gyo, it was a low-priced gamble with a lot of potential upside. With Simms (and also Wright) the expectation for success is so high partly because of the outlay. The longer the barren spell goes on for Simms, the more fans and media are going to turn against him and his confidence will obviously take a hit. Need to gel with the rest of the team fast.

SkyBlue_Bear83

I thought at the time it wasn't a bad signing but we paid well over the odds.

For me he's not ahead in his development of where Gyokeres was at the time we bought him, but his transfer fee is massive compared to what we paid for Gyokeres.

£1.5-£2 million would have been a fair price for him.

Everton are a shit show at the moment and desperate for a striker, they played without a recognised striker today and yet they were still happy to let Simms go.

clint van damme

Sunderland fans seem glad they didn't buy Simms, especially for that high a price. Think with Gyo, it was a low-priced gamble with a lot of potential upside. With Simms (and also Wright) the expectation for success is so high partly because of the outlay. The longer the barren spell goes on for Simms, the more fans and media are going to turn against him and his confidence will obviously take a hit. Need to gel with the rest of the team fast.

Couldn't give a single fuck what they think.

stupot07

No. And he’s 22 and cost half as much as Wright. It’s mental that all the expectation is on him (and he plays like it!).
He's played just 218 minutes in the league season, and I may be wrong but I don't think he's played a minute of league football with Wright.

For me, he looks more of a Godden type player but is being asked to do a different role to accommodate Godden.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Astute

Most of our team are not up to.speed. The defence is dodgy. The midfield has no control. The forwards are not scoring enough.

Yet out of all our players the only one who seems to be getting any stick is Simms. What some need to remember is he hadn't played since January. His fitness and sharpness are still behind where they need to be. And they will only get better by playing.

Something else we need to remember is he is a young and relatively inexperienced player. He is still learning every game. And as a team we are behind where we need to be. The games we have had so far are against sides that should be in or near the playoffs so far. I reserve my judgement until he has more minutes under his belt and plays against the lower down sides.

Wagehorn got a first half hat trick today 😆 who saw that coming?

M&B Stand

Exactly. Three and a bit games in. 22 years old. Fuck all service today, loads of runs ignored and some of our fantastic, supportive fan base is slagging and writing him off already. Nice one lads.
No one is writing him off mate, but you gotta admit it’s been a pretty poor start…

Covcraig@bury

Was working with a Everton fan this week and I asked about Simms , he pissed his sides and told me he is shite , after today I have to agree . Can we return him and get our money back ? Because he isn’t what he was advertised for ( striker / goal scorer) lazier than Walker IMO … sorry

SlowerThanPlatt

Was working with a Everton fan this week and I asked about Simms , he pissed his sides and told me he is shite , after today I have to agree . Can we return him and get our money back ? Because he isn’t what he was advertised for ( striker / goal scorer) lazier than Walker IMO … sorry
He started 3 games for them

fatso

Exactly. Three and a bit games in. 22 years old. Fuck all service today, loads of runs ignored and some of our fantastic, supportive fan base is slagging and writing him off already. Nice one lads.
Typical bed wetters response.

No ones writing him off, no ones saying he won't be the answer.

People are just saying he's been poor so far.
That's fair comment. He's the only new signing that hasn't shown promise yet, but that may come. (Hopefully soon)
He was given a chance today, against a team he should of been motivated for, but he failed to impress. He can't blame MR for not giving him a chance.

Now stop jumping up and down, stop pulling your hair out, and just calm down.

CCFCSteve

No one is writing him off mate, but you gotta admit it’s been a pretty poor start…

He was tidy enough today. Held ball up ok, midfielders didn’t release balls a number of times he made runs and he had one tough chance from tricky angle that keeper saved.

I’ll give it 10 games or so before judging the new lads. Teams still a bit disjointed. Played some great stuff first half, tailed off a bit second (still not fully match up fit and we looked leggy last 20)

M&B Stand

He was tidy enough today. Held ball up ok, midfielders didn’t release balls a number of times he made runs and he had one tough chance from tricky angle that keeper saved.

I’ll give it 10 games or so before judging the new lads. Teams still a bit disjointed. Played some great stuff first half, tailed off a bit second (still not fully match up fit and we looked leggy last 20)
I’d give him longer than that to be honest the money we’ve spunked on him!
I just think everyone expected better than what he’s shown so far.
Micky Adams shelling out 900k on Kevin Kyle when we were skint has scarred me!!

hamertime

If he was any good they wouldn’t have sold him. People will keep saying he will come good though as they think they are being a nice fan 😂

Sick Boy

The barren spell? Get a grip. Ffs.

Users who are viewing this thread