Transfer Rumour Ellis Simms (4 Viewers)

its a buzzard

Gotta play to his strengths, he isn't Gyok. I think the team need to adapt. That said Wright looked like he could fill that big Swedish hole (pun intended).
Double entendre rather than pun, maybe.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Grendel

Well no because he didn't even score last season.

How about goals per minute against teams beginning with the letter

Intellectual Property P GIF by NeighborlyNotary®

Londonccfcfan

Simms will be fine. He played fairly well today. Good movement, involved, good hold up play at times. Snatched at his shot whilst being too far out but he’ll learn. Probably trying too hard.

Once he bags a couple of league foil as, he’ll be fine.
Simms is a quality addition. His hold up play was decent.

Ffs he has goal scorer instincts. He will bag easily 13-15 goals minimum this season. I'm confident of that.

Ashdown

Let’s just give it a dozen games or so. I wasn’t too impressed today but it’s one match. Likewise I suggest people don’t make silly statements about how great he is going to be…..the proof of the pudding and all that.

Chris1987

Simms is very much a work in progress as is Wright. Vik hardly set the World on fire for a while. Jury out for now but back him .

Fysnkysc

Sunderland fan I work with told me Simms was a slow starter with them last season, but then combined well with Stewart who Wright looks quite similar to, so I'm looking forward to seeing them play together. They both have the height and stature to really put it to Championship defences.
Stewart is a slow twig, can score but can’t hold ball at his feet while running, hopefully this wright will be more than that, he looked fast yesterday and a great first touch him and simms could be deadly especially when our wingbacks get fully fit and can bomb up and down the wing, 6ft 4” and 6ft 3” hanging around the box should cause issues alone.

fatso

I mean godden did have service today .. but what is this whole Passion nonsense that fans crave so much and why does it make you a better player ?
I wouldn't call it passion, I'd describe it as a will to win, a willingness to give 100% and battle for every ball.
Roy Keane had it in spades.
Gyok had it.

It's way to early to say if Simms has it, he needs a few games to settle in. But It's fair to say that he had a poor game yesterday, and so did Godden. I'm hoping it's just rust, and a few days training will make the difference.

clint van damme

I wouldn't call it passion, I'd describe it as a will to win, a willingness to give 100% and battle for every ball.
Roy Keane had it in spades.
Gyok had it.

It's way to early to say if Simms has it, he needs a few games to settle in. But It's fair to say that he had a poor game yesterday, and so did Godden. I'm hoping it's just rust, and a few days training will make the difference.

The problem is if 'the will to win' doesn't manifest itself as acting like a maniac people take it as a sign of an attitude problem.
I'm sure some people would have interpreted Hamers early disciplinary record as will to win whereas in reality he's a far greater asset now he's not acting like a prat.

robbiekeane

Haven’t read this thread but first impressions are that there’s a player in there. But like when Gyokeres got here and he had this funny ability of never making me feel like he was actually fully in control of the ball, but still an absolute menace

think he will keep defenders very busy and, hard to tell from such a short performance, but if Wright can be as dangerous as he was yesterday then they could be a real force up front

funny old game isn’t it, Godden could have had a hat trick

covcity4life

Haven’t read this thread but first impressions are that there’s a player in there. But like when Gyokeres got here and he had this funny ability of never making me feel like he was actually fully in control of the ball, but still an absolute menace

think he will keep defenders very busy and, hard to tell from such a short performance, but if Wright can be as dangerous as he was yesterday then they could be a real force up front

Wasn't very funny yesterday tbh

Londonccfcfan

Funny thing is the one he got a good connection on instinctively, he wishes he mishit as that would have been a goal! Funny old game!

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Have we got a song for the lad yet ? Heard one for Wright when he came on yesterday but not Simms

When he scores a goal, it'll be, SIMMO, SIMMO , SIMMO.

Offhegoes

I thought he looked decent, messed up a couple of chances, and passes, but he was always involved and caused them big problems in the 2nd half. Sometimes you can just tell a good player (or not) despite their actuall performance

covboy9

That panic hoof when one on one😂😂

the boy needs games no where near match fit and down on confidence from sitting on the bench last season

Users who are viewing this thread