Transfer Rumour Ellis Simms (3 Viewers)

Hertsccfc

Well you'd hope so we did have 20 shots

Overall though I thought we only really saw what he's about in that 15 /20 minutes before being subbed
I agree. It looked a difficult debut and his confidence seemed to be going. That snatched shot at the start of the second half was a sign of that. But ironically he was starting to look good in the period before he was taken off.

I do hope the idiot element in our support don't start to get on his back as he's not Gyokeres. Confidence plays such an important role in strikers' performance.

Simms should play against Wimbledon to give him a chance to get a goal and build his confidence. We should also play him and Wright to see how the combination works and give Wright some match fitness.

Ashdown

I agree. It looked a difficult debut and his confidence seemed to be going. That snatched shot at the start of the second half was a sign of that. But ironically he was starting to look good in the period before he was taken off.

I do hope the idiot element in our support don't start to get on his back as he's not Gyokeres. Confidence plays such an important role in strikers' performance.

Simms should play against Wimbledon to give him a chance to get a goal and build his confidence. We should also play him and Wright to see how the combination works and give Wright some match fitness.
We should play our strongest team full stop.

Great_Expectations

Is he actually getting pelters from people on social media? Thank God I’m not on Twitter if so.

Absolutely no way he should be written off. He didn’t have the best overall game today, but he showed clear glimpses of what he’ll offer.

Him and Wright will be a handful for defences this year, if you think otherwise you’re probably one of those who thought Sheaf was rubbish too.

skyblu3sk

Thought he struggled today especially first touch which brought the defenders closer to him every time. I'm sure he will be disappointed too. The shot that nearly hit the corner flag wasn't ideal but they happen. Hopefully he will use it to push on next game.

rexo87

Reckon he will be a better player when we have more possession and he can stay within the width of the goalposts. He had to try and do the old Vik role at times today when we cleared the ball.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

AOM

Is he actually getting pelters from people on social media? Thank God I’m not on Twitter if so.

Absolutely no way he should be written off. He didn’t have the best overall game today, but he showed clear glimpses of what he’ll offer.

Him and Wright will be a handful for defences this year, if you think otherwise you’re probably one of those who thought Sheaf was rubbish too.
Some people were complaining about him at the Shrewsbury game ffs...

I just knew he'd be called lazy or slow as he'll be being compared to someone like Gyokeres, when they appear to be two different types of strikers

shmmeee

Some people were complaining about him at the Shrewsbury game ffs...

I just knew he'd be called lazy or slow as he'll be being compared to someone like Gyokeres, when they appear to be two different types of strikers

Hopefully Wright will take some of that off him in terms of Gyokeres expectations.

Rugby Sky Blue

Nice to see our fans giving players a fair chance
To be fair I am not saying this off the back off one game. I watched Simms plenty of times at Hearts and didn't think too much of him to be honest. I thought when we signed him that it is quite an expensive punt, I'm happy if he proves me wrong though.

Gint11

Simms will be fine. He played fairly well today. Good movement, involved, good hold up play at times. Snatched at his shot whilst being too far out but he’ll learn. Probably trying too hard.

Once he bags a couple of league foil as, he’ll be fine.

Grendel

To be fair I am not saying this off the back off one game. I watched Simms plenty of times at Hearts and didn't think too much of him to be honest. I thought when we signed him that it is quite an expensive punt. I'm happy of he proves me wrong though.

He scored 7 in 15 starts at Hearts

David O'Day

To be fair I am not saying this off the back off one game. I watched Simms plenty of times at Hearts and didn't think too much of him to be honest. I thought when we signed him that it is quite an expensive punt, I'm happy if he proves me wrong though.
As a fellow watcher of Scottish Football, I thought he looked really good for hearts.

pusbccfc

Let's hang on to that in hope then!!!!!!........ All i see is a donkey, perhaps improving to a lame horse.

Vik was a donkey even towards the end but used it to his power. Gangly and unpredictable.

He seriously improved his touch and, with belief, released he could outstrength anyone. Simms will realise that too.

Greggs

He's fucking garbage, anyone who disagrees is definitely one of those who wears a football shirt as part of their normal day to day life.

Greggs

Vik was a donkey even towards the end but used it to his power. Gangly and unpredictable.

He seriously improved his touch and, with belief, released he could outstrength anyone. Simms will realise that too.
6 foot 3 but would get beaten up by Jamie Allen, there's a lot of work to be done. Then there's passing and shooting to sort out. He seems a bargain.......

Nuskyblue

He was awful against Exeter and the first half today. Bar the glaring chance at the start of the second half, his second half performance was much better. Let’s hope he’s just taking a while to get going 🤞
Gotta play to his strengths, he isn't Gyok. I think the team need to adapt. That said Wright looked like he could fill that big Swedish hole (pun intended).

Users who are viewing this thread