Transfer Rumour Ellis Simms (5 Viewers)

CCFC54321

He didn’t look fully fit to me either but he’s played all the friendly games. However he could be fatigued after a number of games in one go after hardly playing since Xmas?

Johnnythespider

Am I the only person who thinks he played alright, I've watched the game back on telly and yes there are times when he looks off the pace but he also played some decent football at times and found Godden with a Hamer type pass in the second half, he kept their defence occupied and barring the rush of blood when one on one I can't think of too much he did wrong, Robins will get him sorted.

Bugsy

gonna put a £10 on him to bag a brace against Sunderland when we play them, I know that...PUSB

Terry Gibson's perm

He is lucky that Wright will be the one people are watching due to the bigger price, I would be shocked if he doesn’t get 10-15 goals this season and if Wright got around the same the Vik goals are well covered.

Last edited:

covcity4life

Am I the only person who thinks he played alright, I've watched the game back on telly and yes there are times when he looks off the pace but he also played some decent football at times and found Godden with a Hamer type pass in the second half, he kept their defence occupied and barring the rush of blood when one on one I can't think of too much he did wrong, Robins will get him sorted.
He played well. 6 or 7/10. When he sorts out the minor mistakes he will jump to 8s and 9s.

David O'Day

He was fine, he'll get better but he was fine on Sunday.

fernandopartridge

I'd be concerned if he wasn't involved at all, but he was and linked up well with Godden. His execution was a bit off, just seemed to be lacking that sharpness.

Saddlebrains

I'm really not sold

Its not asking much to even pretend to chase down is it? Doesnt even do that.

Noticed yesterday aswell he would make runs that are half towards the channels, half towards the penalty area. Just commit to one. Ends up in no mans land unable to recieve the ball.

Also seems to want too many touches before shooting

Im not writing him off by the way. Clearly a player in there. Is it fitness? Confidence? Needing a lot of coaching? Not sure

But Wright already looks lightyears ahead of him

Londonccfcfan

I'm really not sold

Noticed yesterday aswell he would make runs that are half towards the channels, half towards the penalty area. Just commit to one. Ends up in no mans land unable to recieve the ball.

Im not writing him off by the way. Clearly a player in there. Is it fitness? Confidence? Needing a lot of coaching? Not sure

Completely different players.

Simms was unlucky I thought..was always looking for space and always looking for the ball made good runs. But was never picked out. He will come good. Very very early days.
And dont forget his age. Still 4 years younger than Wright.

Sick Boy

I'm really not sold

He’s shown that he can score at this level and is only 22, he’ll come good.

clint van damme

Simms was unlucky I thought..was always looking for space and always looking for the ball made good runs. But was never picked out. He will come good. Very very early days.

Or the fact he's played very little football since returning to Everton

Hertsccfc

His movement was nowhere near as good as Godden's or Wright's and although he is reasonably quick he appears to lack acceleration over a short distance. It's early days of course and clearly he has talent but Wright looks far better so far.

Mucca Mad Boys

Thought he looked better yesterday than against Leicester.

There's a player there, you can see it in his movement and some of the touches. Just get him up to speed and he will be golden.
I thought Simms played alright, looked a handful cutting from the left but didn’t get a good chance.

He will progress and Wright will too and they will form a really good partnership.

As for Godden, I’ve been critical of him and he’s proven a lot of doubters wrong. Absolutely worth a new contract and looks a lot sharper than he did at the end of last season.

Garlana86

Wright seems like the guy who's going to create the space for players, similar to gyokeres, from what little I've seen of Wright so far, he's got the pace and strength to get something out of nothing or run the channels for a lost cause. Simms doesn't appear to be that player, I expect he will be more the type to get into the box to finish off chances. We'll see.

Tomh111

I think he will be blighted by his size, people will assume that we should be binging balls up to him to play off

Alkhen

Why anyone would write off a player after 3 matches is beyond me. Pathetic mentality. He was good in preseason and has shown he is an instinctive finisher. He is even proven at this level.

What do Coventry fans get out of starting the negativity so early? He is a young player still we need to stay off his back and let him find his feet. Surely they want him to succeed?

Saddlebrains

Why anyone would write off a player after 3 matches is beyond me. Pathetic mentality. He was good in preseason and has shown he is an instinctive finisher. He is even proven at this level.

What do Coventry fans get out of starting the negativity so early? He is a young player still we need to stay off his back and let him find his feet. Surely they want him to succeed?

I literally said in my post I'm not writing him off

Do you want me to draw you a picture or are you just unable to read?

Calista

I thought Simms played alright, looked a handful cutting from the left but didn’t get a good chance.

He will progress and Wright will too and they will form a really good partnership.

As for Godden, I’ve been critical of him and he’s proven a lot of doubters wrong. Absolutely worth a new contract and looks a lot sharper than he did at the end of last season.
[re Godden]
tbf although I thought he looked out of touch for most of last season, he improved massively in the final few games. Maybe it took him a long time to get fully up to speed after the various injuries. Leaving aside the fluffed shots at Leicester, he's looking good now and long may it continue.

Martin180

Them people are stupid. Its obvious there's a player there, im just not sure what the issue seems to be at the mo for the lethargy and poor movement (in my view). Coaching? Fitness? Confidence? All 3 probably
I don’t think it’s lethargy I think it’s simply his style . Chris Waddle was a boyhood favourite of mine and he always looked knackered and unfit
Languid is the phrase 😉

Users who are viewing this thread