Transfer Rumour Ellis Simms (1 Viewer)

Greggs

I can take a forward missing chances, but the failure of first touch and the ability to pass is a tough one to figure out.

speedie87

As debuts goes Simms had a mare today, just lack of control, and passing was to be honest very worrying for someone we have spent a lot of money on, but reckon he’ll play midweek and get a goal or two

Calista

I’m confused. Only watched about 20 mins of Simms so can’t comment from first hand but everyone I’ve seen talk about him has called him pacy.
Pacy isn't the first word that springs to mind. But I think he'll be a good striker at this level.

CCFC54321

For what it’s worth I think we’ll see more of what simms is about if we play to his strengths a bit more. Wide players getting decent delivery into the box etc.

He’s work was done out wide and often lost composure or tried something that he’s not capable of like knocking it past a player and driving on.

One thing that stands out is he needs some serious coaching and he’ll get that at city but i think there’s a player in him and it might take a little while till we see it similar to gyokeres.

Grendel

i like the way you used a very short window of time in your claim, very clever.

I’d imagine Tavares does pretty well on that metric

Greggs

****Serious question****
Does anyone know if Hillfields zoo is still open? Swear they used to have a donkey. Do you reckon they'd let me hire him out and take him to the match, i'd obviously pay for a ticket.

skyblu3sk

Thanks for biting, that was a good hit of endorphin. Leave me alone to do what i want.
Escobar Spe GIF by hero0fwar

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I think Simms may have been feeling the pressure a bit today and will need a bit of time to settle in, and/or Wright to take some of the weight off his shoulders.

His first touch and passing were poor, and running at the defence he looked like a Vik-in progress. The running was just a bit ponderous and he didn't connect with the chance he had. Looks quite strong though.

Given a bit more time I think he'll improve and look better, and I think he needs to be used more as the man in the middle.

Users who are viewing this thread