Transfer Rumour Ellis Simms (3 Viewers)

rexo87

No doubt if Hamer does sign a contract Dawkins will claim he knew about it in the last couple of days and Cov finally gave him a proper offer to save face. People on twitter lap it up from him as well

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Garlana86

Checked twitter, general consensus of other fans is that we're getting our pants pulled down for 8m...I admit I don't know much of his ability and haven't seen him play, is the potential gyokeres money already burning a hole our hand?

rob9872

Not sure why this has come to me pissed up on a Thursday night but GIMOC = Grennan is my only client.
Does he manage anyone else atm?
Grennan Is Manchester Over Cov

Finham

Checked twitter, general consensus of other fans is that we're getting our pants pulled down for 8m...I admit I don't know much of his ability and haven't seen him play, is the potential gyokeres money already burning a hole our hand?
Sounds like a lot of that is instalments/incentive based, nearer £4-5m I think.

rob9872

Bitter or stirring imo.

1) it will be half that plus add ons
2) I trust Robins and Adi to get it right and improve him
3) no risk already proved at the level
4) 22 and English. Good age fits the model scores goals and will settle straight in

Garlana86

So there is reason to be quite optimistic, i guess time will tell, we need to still strengthen elsewhere in order to get him the chances he needs!

SkyBlueOz

3.5m up front isn't too bad. I've been desperate for us to sign someone and I think Simms is a really good addition. Exciting times ahead.

slowpoke

I admit at first I wasn’t sure about Simms but looking at his highlights I’m okay with it but we need another and if as I expect him too Vik moves on imo we need three, Yates would cost, Whittaker a freebie, well no fee, depends who MR sees as the better partner for Simms. add to that Godden and we also have Taveres but for me the jury is still out on him, we saw last season injuries ravaged our strike force and with 9 on the bench next season having two experience ones has to be good a positive.

slowpoke

I suppose in a way it suits though I’m sure if Simms doesn’t grab a couple of hat-tricks in his first three months you’ll be on his case knocking him

procdoc

People seem to forget it’s been nearly 25 years since we last spent anywhere near this fee. 8 million now is basically what 2 million was back then

Covkid1968#

Or…. Throw in a bit of Tina

Simms is the best
Better than Gyokeres 🎶
That’s class!! Just needs a couple of extra lines and it’s good to go. Says the bloke in block 1 who hasn’t started a song since 1991

Skyblueweeman

Whether its today or next week, I can see us announcing Simms, Hamer extension, that other geezer (Jamaican international) and our kit launch with the best home shirt ever Inc CBS kit sponsor, in one mega social media post.

We'll all go into meltdown and proclaim that 1st place is ours.

Skyblueweeman

Oh, and the Simms deal is definitely done. I dreamt I was at Ryton and helping COH with his rehabilitation and I asked about Simms and if it was true. Callum smiled and said 'I can't say a thing mate'.

But then I saw Simms walking out onto the training pitch.

It's happening lads.

djr8369

Just watched his goals reel on YouTube. Real variety of goals which is encouraging. Headers, poaching, long range…

ccfc1234

3.5m up front isn't too bad. I've been desperate for us to sign someone and I think Simms is a really good addition. Exciting times ahead.
I would agree 3.5m seems reasonable. I am wondering what needs to happen for Everton to get the full transfer fee of 8 million?

Scores 20 goals next season 1 million
CCFC promote 2.5 million
Gets an international cap 1 million

Those are crude guesses but I hope there is a high bar for the extra money due.

Users who are viewing this thread