Transfer Rumour Ellis Simms (5 Viewers)

Evo1883

People seem to forget it’s been nearly 25 years since we last spent anywhere near this fee. 8 million now is basically what 2 million was back then
8 mill is still a huge fee in the championship

AFCCOVENTRY

Hopefully we get Yates or Whittaker as well as the striking options then would be very encouraging having the ability to rotate, then we can focus all guns ablazing at defenders

I doubt very much we will go for Yates. Suspect Whittaker will be the one we go for. Different type of attacking player to what we have and another we age on his side for us to develop.

eastwoodsdustman

I would agree 3.5m seems reasonable. I am wondering what needs to happen for Everton to get the full transfer fee of 8 million?

Scores 20 goals next season 1 million
CCFC promote 2.5 million
Gets an international cap 1 million

Those are crude guesses but I hope there is a high bar for the extra money due.
He’ll be on 19 goals and we’ll be top of the league in January. Then a ‘mystery illness’keeps him out for the season and we miss promotion. So £3.5 mill it will stay😉

Great_Expectations

Genuinely exciting news!

Headline figure seems high but as others have pointed out it’ll be broken down.

Massive statement of intent and its heightened the excitement to see who is next!

Great_Expectations

Whether its today or next week, I can see us announcing Simms, Hamer extension, that other geezer (Jamaican international) and our kit launch with the best home shirt ever Inc CBS kit sponsor, in one mega social media post.

We'll all go into meltdown and proclaim that 1st place is ours.

Honestly think 4/5 of those things will happen next week/today.

As for your other prediction/dream/hope re Michelle Keegan, I’m not so sure!

TomRad85

I doubt very much we will go for Yates. Suspect Whittaker will be the one we go for. Different type of attacking player to what we have and another we age on his side for us to develop.
Think we'll bring 3 strikers in tbh

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Saddlebrains

I dont see the fuss about Whittaler. Stats arent great for a striker, is he a 10? If so makes sense

But i really want Yates now, him and Simms compliment each other perfectly

JimmyHillsbeard

Sorry I’ve overlooked this but Whittaker? I’ve missed this completely, any chance of a quick re-cap?

The Miles Leaburn speculation from yesterday intrigued me. Charlton wd be v reluctant to let him go - new ownership (Charlie Metheun) already going down like a cup of cold sick with their fan base.

Ccfcisparks

Sorry I’ve overlooked this but Whittaker? I’ve missed this completely, any chance of a quick re-cap?

The Miles Leaburn speculation from yesterday intrigued me. Charlton wd be v reluctant to let him go - new ownership (Charlie Metheun) already going down like a cup of cold sick with their fan base.
Leaburn is wishful thinking from fans

Sunday Mirror journalist linked us with Whittaker yday.

Astute

8 mill is still a huge fee in the championship
It sure is.

But when you consider that the transfer would be paid for with some of the proceeds of a player who cost about 1m a couple of years ago it isn't too bad. Simms is highly regarded by many and still improving.

And we're only guessing how much the transfer fee is. It is said they turned down 4m from Ipswich. But even that might not be the truth.

JimmyHillsbeard

The great lost Gyökeres chant could be reworked

He put the ball into your net - ta da, ta da
You know he isn’t finished yet - da da da da
He’s from Oldham
And he’s 6 foot three
Scoring goals for Coventry
He’s Ellis Simms not Victor Gyökeres.

Saddlebrains

C

Compliment each other perfectly based on?

Simms is a unit that can score, hold the ball up and take defenders away like Vik

Yates the opposite, small, fast, can play off the shoulder

Having them 2 up front being fed by Ohare or Palmer would be a delight

Ashdown

In Robins I trust….but this guy Simms has a lot to live up to. Not sure what he’s used to but playing for Coventry in our usual set up he is going to have to work his arse off and be ultra fit like Vik.

AFCCOVENTRY

Championship fans getting a little ruffled by us signing Simms.

‘he’s an ok player at this level but never worth £8m’
😂

slowpoke

Miles Leaburn a name that’s just cropped up but he’s only 19 so would be one with the future in mind, you need them too, but at 6ft 5in. and built accordingly perhaps worth a punt as a fourth striker, of the names linked Jerry Yates appeals to me the most but will cost a fee.

Users who are viewing this thread