Transfer RumourĀ Ellis Simms (7 Viewers)

rob9872

Id eat her shit
When we went to see Jimmy Carr, he told a story about someone asking him just how good looking Rachel Riley was and he said that he'd 'crawl on his hands and knees over broken glass, to suck the cock of the last man who fucked her' šŸ¤£
Ā 

Ccfcisparks

Miles Leaburn a name thatā€™s just cropped up but heā€™s only 19 so would be one with the future in mind, you need them too, but at 6ft 5in. and built accordingly perhaps worth a punt as a fourth striker, of the names linked Jerry Yates appeals to me the most but will cost a fee.
Yeah Cus I mentioned him in the other thread thatā€™s why itā€™s cropped up Nostradamus
Ā 

slowpoke

In Robins I trustā€¦.but this guy Simms has a lot to live up to. Not sure what heā€™s used to but playing for Coventry in our usual set up he is going to have to work his arse off and be ultra fit like Vik.
I agree replacing Vik is a big ask, we may have to tweek our game a bit probably depending who else we get.
Ā 

napolimp

I was having a quick look at what Simms stats look like compared to Gyokeres, in the Championship last season. By the looks of it Simms is your more traditional forward, playing through the middle, whilst we know Gyokeres liked to drift out wide left. I guess different styles overall.

Here we have Gyokeres's numbers:
1688714806893.png
Goal every 191 minutes (3 penalties).
Assist every 402 minutes.

Here we have Simms numbers:
1688714954594.png
Goal every 162 minutes.
Assist every 566 minutes.

Gyokeres took 2.9 shots per game.
Simms took 1.9 shots per game.

Simms had a slightly higher accuracy rate at 4 shots per goal scored, whilst Gyokeres was at 4.38.

Simms was much less involved in the actual creation of goals, with 0.9 key passes per game, and 0.4 dribbles. Gyokeres had 1.9 and 2.1. It was mostly down to Gyokeres and Hamer to create chances last season, especially whilst O'hare was out, whilst Simms had others around him to create chances.

Coventry had 21.78 shot creating actions per game last season, whilst Sunderland had 21.65. Very similar number of chances created per team, but a lot of those will have come from Gyokeres for Coventry.

Obviously much more difficult to maintain a high level of performance across a 46 match season. I think Simms will struggle if expected to slot into the Gyokeres role. Coventry are going to have to find someone in the 10 role to create chances along with Hamer, whether that's Palmer or someone else. I think at Sunderland Simms would have been a 15+ goal forward for the season, and his value would now be at least double.
Ā 

PVA

Simms' goal against Chelsea was quite Gyokeres-esq, think he could be a similar type of player and could play the lone striker role well.

Not as quick though, but probably better in the air.
Ā 

skyblu3sk

I was having a quick look at what Simms stats look like compared to Gyokeres, in the Championship last season. By the looks of it Simms is your more traditional forward, playing through the middle, whilst we know Gyokeres liked to drift out wide left. I guess different styles overall.

Here we have Gyokeres's numbers:
View attachment 30484
Goal every 191 minutes (3 penalties).
Assist every 402 minutes.

Here we have Simms numbers:
View attachment 30485
Goal every 162 minutes.
Assist every 566 minutes.

Gyokeres took 2.9 shots per game.
Simms took 1.9 shots per game.

Simms had a slightly higher accuracy rate at 4 shots per goal scored, whilst Gyokeres was at 4.38.

Simms was much less involved in the actual creation of goals, with 0.9 key passes per game, and 0.4 dribbles. Gyokeres had 1.9 and 2.1. It was mostly down to Gyokeres and Hamer to create chances last season, especially whilst O'hare was out, whilst Simms had others around him to create chances.

Coventry had 21.78 shot creating actions per game last season, whilst Sunderland had 21.65. Very similar number of chances created per team, but a lot of those will have come from Gyokeres for Coventry.

Obviously much more difficult to maintain a high level of performance across a 46 match season. I think Simms will struggle if expected to slot into the Gyokeres role. Coventry are going to have to find someone in the 10 role to create chances along with Hamer, whether that's Palmer or someone else. I think at Sunderland Simms would have been a 15+ goal forward for the season, and his value would now be at least double.
I think we are going to have to switch it up and bring creative players back in. Probably play Hamer further up the pitch until COH is back/Palmer is fit. If Simms can get in the right gaps Hamer will find him!
Ā 

Matt smith

I think we are going to have to switch it up and bring creative players back in. Probably play Hamer further up the pitch until COH is back/Palmer is fit. If Simms can get in the right gaps Hamer will find him!
Think Simms plays better as a 2
Ā 

Covcraig@bury

Championship fans getting a little ruffled by us signing Simms.

ā€˜heā€™s an ok player at this level but never worth Ā£8mā€™
šŸ˜‚
Just been visiting the Scumberland forum , a few weeks back they thought Simms was the best thing since sliced bread and wanted him to sign . Now heā€™s a lazy shit and not worth the money . I love their forum , thick Geordie wannabes šŸ˜†
Ā 

AFCCOVENTRY

Just been visiting the Scumberland forum , a few weeks back they thought Simms was the best thing since sliced bread and wanted him to sign . Now heā€™s a lazy shit and not worth the money . I love their forum , thick Geordie wannabes šŸ˜†

Yup saw some of their fans say he doesnā€™t work hard, poor first touch, canā€™t hold up play, canā€™t header the ballā€¦ šŸ˜‚
Ā 

napolimp

Sunderland have a weird bunch of fans. There's literally no set of fans I don't like, because I couldn't really care less about any other club, but Sunderland fans have really worn me down with their constant barrage of unwarranted abuse.
Ā 

Briles

In Robins I trustā€¦.but this guy Simms has a lot to live up to. Not sure what heā€™s used to but playing for Coventry in our usual set up he is going to have to work his arse off and be ultra fit like Vik.

We can't replace vik and what he brought to the team. I'm worried fans will expect it from simms and get onto him early doors
Ā 

Winny the Bish

Miles Leaburn a name thatā€™s just cropped up but heā€™s only 19 so would be one with the future in mind, you need them too, but at 6ft 5in. and built accordingly perhaps worth a punt as a fourth striker, of the names linked Jerry Yates appeals to me the most but will cost a fee.
Leaburn and Simms are too similar. Would rather someone like Yates who has more pace and never stops running.
Ā 

Grendel

Simms has turned us down. The contract includes the clause the beard has to go - if Sheeran can do it anyone else can

Ā 

Skyblueweeman

Whilst the fee is large, if it's broken down into Ā£3-4m upfront and the rest as extras, that's decent.

My hope is that the expectation doesn't eff him up. As long as he doesn't follow the Freddy Eastwood path and takes the Viktor path, I'll be happy.
Ā 

bigfatronssba

When we went to see Jimmy Carr, he told a story about someone asking him just how good looking Rachel Riley was and he said that he'd 'crawl on his hands and knees over broken glass, to suck the cock of the last man who fucked her' šŸ¤£

I went to that showšŸ˜‚ Think it was the same one where he ended it by saying he was raising money for abused childrenā€¦.to buy their silence
Ā 

Users who are viewing this thread