EFL Decision on Coventry’s future expected today (1 Viewer)

Legia Sky Blue

Would guess it would work out that most teams had 3 or 4 games but I'm not going to work them all out!

So it would be a tournament of 14 games per club but we'd start having played 10 (W4, D5, L1) on 17 points. Oddly our 4 remaining games would all be at home against Rotherham, Oxford, Peterborough and Wycombe.

If the mini-tournament idea is being considered, and I'm not sure this isn't just something Sky have made up, then I see no reason we should play games we have already played this season.

We've played Rotherham twice. In this scenario we would have 3 games to play

larry_david

You know sky make shit up. How many exclusive transfers do the broadcast and then open up a betting market on it. It's like tomorrow never dies but with... Sport lol

Brighton Sky Blue

I think the problem is that if there was a shortage of testing equipment available and it was used up by footballers, I think there would quite rightly be uproar.

There have been hardly any cases among clubs in our league or others. The number of people at each game would just be players, officials and some staff-perhaps 50?

Gibbo

All the teams would have to agree to it, can’t see it happening myself seems they have the promote 2 and no relegation how would that work out for Bolton??? And also no bury..... seems not all the info has been released!
How about if any team is >6 points ahead of the play off places based on points / game (two wins ahead being the logic) , they go up automatically. Next 8 play 6 or 7 games depending on what is needed to get two more teams. So 4 games in R 1 2 in R 2 and final if needed.
In the case of L1, Cov go up, next eight play knockout but you don't need a final as two places up for grabs. In that case 9 teams would have been involved, City plus 8, and this should pick up any club with a realistic chance of getting to the play offs. Max 7 games so two stadiums and all done in a week
The problem with pure pints/game is that we know it doesn't work so simply in real life.

chiefdave

If they idea is to remove the need for meaningless games do we know how many games that are due to be played are actually meaningless.

Look at our division, teams have 8 to 10 games to go, that's 24 to 30 points available. Gillingham are 11th and 8 points off the play offs Accrington are 17th and only 8 points off relegation.

That only really leaves arguably 5 teams with nothing really to play for. The games would only be meaningless if it was two of those teams playing each other.

Sick Boy

There have been hardly any cases among clubs in our league or others. The number of people at each game would just be players, officials and some staff-perhaps 50?
The number of cases so far wouldn’t come into it, they’d have to do testing prior to each game, I’d imagine you’d have players demanding it. I can’t remember what it is but the estimated number of tests needed for every game across all the leagues is actually quite high.
Take your football specs off and it’s not hard to see why they’d be anger amongst the general public about it.

skybluesam66

The number of cases so far wouldn’t come into it, they’d have to do testing prior to each game, I’d imagine you’d have players demanding it. I can’t remember what it is but the estimated number of tests needed for every game across all the leagues is actually quite high.
Take your football specs off and it’s not hard to see why they’d be anger amongst the general public about it.
this is why i think Premier league will play on, EFL will not
323 people needed to run a premier league game ( i think that was the number) including broadcasting it
There are benefits to society for keeping the premier league going, I dont think the same will be said for league 1

Sick Boy

this is why i think Premier league will play on, EFL will not
323 people needed to run a premier league game ( i think that was the number) including broadcasting it
There are benefits to society for keeping the premier league going, I dont think the same will be said for league 1
I agree, unfortunately...I think our main hope is going to have to be PPG based on home and away.

Brylowes

Supposing we play no more league football this season in the format it’s usually contested, if they
Then Decide on a scenario that can result in us not being promoted.......it’s wrong.

better days

That's possibly because not many have been tested
Portsmouth tested all their players after they had been exposed to Mikel Arteta and 5 were positive although most were asymptomatic

coop

As some have played 36 then just play so everyone plays 36 games. We would be champions and it would sort out relegation and the play offs and I think that also means Scumderland wouldn't make the play offs.

SlowerThanPlatt

As some have played 36 then just play so everyone plays 36 games. We would be champions and it would sort out relegation and the play offs and I think that also means Scumderland wouldn't make the play offs.

How would that work? Some of the games in hand would be against teams who have already played more games therefore making it pointless and never ending

Wycombe and Doncaster have played 34 games this season and played each other twice already. Same with us and Rochdale

coop

How would that work? Some of the games in hand would be against teams who have already played more games therefore making it pointless and never ending

Wycombe and Doncaster have played 34 games this season and played each other twice already. Same with us and Rochdale
It was more of a joke than an actual solution.

Brighton Sky Blue

I can understand the logistical challenges but I also think it can work.

Sick Boy

I can understand the logistical challenges but I also think it can work.
It’s not so much about logistics but more that if you’ve got the general public who aren’t being tested for whatever reason but footballers are it’s going to cause anger, which is entirely understandable.
The best we can hope for is PPG, IMO. League 1 is not going to be a priority for the footballing authorities, all of the talk is about the PL and the £££.

Brylowes

That's possibly because not many have been tested
Portsmouth tested all their players after they had been exposed to Mikel Arteta and 5 were positive although most were asymptomatic
How did they manage to lay they’re hands on that amount of tests ‘got to be at least 25 tests there,

Brylowes

It’s not so much about logistics but more that if you’ve got the general public who aren’t being tested for whatever reason but footballers are it’s going to cause anger, which is entirely understandable.
The best we can hope for is PPG, IMO. League 1 is not going to be a priority for the footballing authorities, all of the talk is about the PL and the £££.
You would expect all the talk to be about them though, it’s just whether or not we are being afforded
the due consideration our predicament deserves ‘my heart says we Are’ but ‘my mind says we aren’t.

skyblue025

How did they manage to lay they’re hands on that amount of tests ‘got to be at least 25 tests there,
They will of bought them from a pharmaceutical company same as the NHS. Robins said the club had bought 10 years in case they were needed.
The NHS can currently test more than they actually are, the problem people are having is getting to the test centres to be tested which could be 50 miles + away.

Brylowes

The NHS can currently test more than they actually are, the problem people are having is getting to the test centres to be tested which could be 50 miles + away.
How come the NHS have the capacity to test more than they actually are ‘when there are still
Frontline medical staff who can’t get the test, surely they aren’t required to travel 50 miles to a
Test centre ‘I’d always presumed they would be tested in the hospital they work at.

skybluesam66

How come the NHS have the capacity to test more than they actually are ‘when there are still
Frontline medical staff who can’t get the test, surely they aren’t required to travel 50 miles to a
Test centre ‘I’d always presumed they would be tested in the hospital they work at.
The Coventry testing is at the Ricoh I think
I assume wasps haven’t kicked the nhs out yet

better days

Up to recently tests were either at hospitals where NHS staff and patients were tested or at regional sites where care home staff, GPs and others working at at surgeries, pharmacies and other front line staff could go to be tested
But some had a 60 mile trip and many had no car
Mobile testing started this weekend where the army will go to care homes and companies who have requested tests for groups of people

thekidfromstrettoncamp

How about if any team is >6 points ahead of the play off places based on points / game (two wins ahead being the logic) , they go up automatically. Next 8 play 6 or 7 games depending on what is needed to get two more teams. So 4 games in R 1 2 in R 2 and final if needed.
In the case of L1, Cov go up, next eight play knockout but you don't need a final as two places up for grabs. In that case 9 teams would have been involved, City plus 8, and this should pick up any club with a realistic chance of getting to the play offs. Max 7 games so two stadiums and all done in a week
The problem with pure pints/game is that we know it doesn't work so simply in real life.

I think you are looking through Sky Blue eyes.

Gynnsthetonic

If the season can’t be finished make the remaining results 0-0, yes slightly looking through sky blue eyes but with 4/5 of the season played it would be scandalous to just cancel it.

SlowerThanPlatt

Has PPG been used anywhere yet in the world? All I’ve seen is void

The Scottish Championship promoted and relegated but not without any controversy as one team could still have stayed up

cc84cov

Premier league to hold further talks this week with regards to finishing behind closed doors in June

Sky Sports

thekidfromstrettoncamp

Has PPG been used anywhere yet in the world? All I’ve seen is void

The Scottish Championship promoted and relegated but not without any controversy as one team could still have stayed up

I don't know of anywhere and I don't think it will be used here games will be played out.

The scottish situation how Dundee were not forced to vote before they knew theirs was the casting vote beats me and then to have twice been ready to vote no and then voting yes when they knew the situation.I cannot be sure but I would think pressure had been put on them it stinks.I feel sorry for Partick thistle had a game in hand 2 points behind Queen of the South who they still had to play lost 1 in the last 5 Q o t S had lost 3 of theirs but are probably in no position to take legal action.

CCFC54321

I agree totally with what you are saying regarding players being tested in advance of the public but they too will need and have as much right to be tested as much as you or me. The fact is giving the players the tests can be seen to be a positive sign the country is now coming out of this by sport being played and providing a positive mental boost to many.
However, I totally understand your opinion but I think the public would understand if players did get tested earlier.

cc84cov

Do people seriously think the leagues won’t be finished here ?

Come on lads not a chance they will be voided

CCFC54321

Do people seriously think the leagues won’t be finished here ?

Come on lads not a chance they will be voided
I’m 99% sure the games will take place in June and July when hopefully the infection rate has gone down to an ‘acceptable’ level.

Users who are viewing this thread