EFL Decision on Coventry’s future expected today (2 Viewers)

Colin Steins Smile

The current situation of 6 of the PL clubs trying to block neutral venues to play the remaining games is brinkmanship.
Ultimately, they’ll be faced with playing at neutral venues of forgoing “x” million £ in TV revenue.
A few Chairman might start to think differently about taking their chances of playing the games to stay up.

chiefdave

The current situation of 6 of the PL clubs trying to block neutral venues to play the remaining games is brinkmanship.
Ultimately, they’ll be faced with playing at neutral venues of forgoing “x” million £ in TV revenue.
A few Chairman might start to think differently about taking their chances of playing the games to stay up.
Good shout. Needs the teams at the top to tell them they'll have to hand their TV money back if they're going to cause the season to be abandoned. Doubt any of them can afford that.

The coventrian

I never went to sa and had no intention of going but if the league is voided then it's a travesty for those who went(said through gritted teeth lol). Also it would be devastating for mr and the team.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

If it is decided not to finish leagues one and two, I assume it’s as much to do with behind closed doors as anything else but next season is likely to be BCD as far as into 2021 so if they don’t do points per game ratio then when it is deemed safe to re-start then this current season re-starts, finishes and the new next season starts and that could be well into the Autumn or even after Xmas and as said earlier likely to be BCD this bollox about contracts ending in June so what, shits going to happen all over the country and in all industries footballs no different, just ask the 12000 British Airways workers or 8000 Rolls Royce potentially losing their jobs soon the same and that’s just the start what they think.

Is this the longest sentence in the world?

Johnnythespider

I was literally just thinking the same thing. It’d certainly be a damp squib, particularly not being able to celebrate together and praise the team and management who have been nothing short of superb. But then again, if we were to remain in League 1 that would be utterly gut wrenching. We’ve taken some kicks to the nutsack in recent years but my god that would take the biscuit!
Kick me in the nutsack all you like, but anyone who tries to take my biscuit is in big trouble

BackRoomRummermill

I never went to sa and had no intention of going but if the league is voided then it's a travesty for those who went(said through gritted teeth lol). Also it would be devastating for mr and the team.

not to mention those sat on bets for us to win the league , it’s a massive spoiler on so many levels

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Does anyone reckon some leagues are looking to restart because they could potentially cash in on TV not just at home but abroad? Loads of people would be willing to watch French/German football if that was the only ones available.

chiefdave

Does anyone reckon some leagues are looking to restart because they could potentially cash in on TV not just at home but abroad? Loads of people would be willing to watch French/German football if that was the only ones available.
Did cross my mind. Would imagine the viewing figures here for the first Bundesliga games will be by far the highest ratings they've ever had.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Theres nothing wrong with people staying away if they can’t bring themselves to go to Sixfields or Saint Andrews. I stayed away until the Shrewsbury home game!
I’m ok with it, but as long as they don’t complain when we sell players to cover losses. PSB Group is one of these. Went mad when we sold McCallum - absolute tool

Users who are viewing this thread