EFL Decision on Coventry’s future expected today (2 Viewers)

Brylowes

The reason it would be voided will be if the PL stitch everyone else up - which they will - it’s for us going to be like on the penultimate square on snakes and ladders - you hit in and the snake takes you back to the start
I agree that our eventual league position ‘should no more football be played, will be decided
(Either directly or indirectly) at Premier league level.
Do we think that Gary Hoffman’s imminent appointment as Premier league Chairman could
End up proving beneficial to our cause.

Sky Blue Harry H

For me football is all about memories. Whatever happens this season (and of course it would be sh*t if it were voided) I will still have great memories of this season. It is individual experiences of following City that make me love the club. No way would I say that I am giving up on future experiences for what, in effect, would be a freak event. Still find it hard to believe that the Pl would dare to do anything that would shaft Leeds (as you would have a fair portion of Yorkshire marching on whoever was involved in the decision making!) P.S> Will Gary Hoffman have any influence from his new PL position?

Edit haha - hadn't read Brylowes last bit!

chiefdave

'Update' from the EFL, still wait and see.
The position of the EFL remains unchanged in that the priority is to resume the 2019/20 season as soon as it is possible with matches only returning at an appropriate point and based on guidance from the relevant authorities. The health and well-being of the nation has to come first.

bradwellskyblues

the time is coming when the EFL and premier must make some concrete decisions leaving the whole think like this is unfair.
1 firstly is premier going to complete once government allow .
2 once that happens efl can decide and vote on which league will play behind closed doors and which will not and what ramifications are if they vote not to play and how tables will be calculated and promotion and relegation decided

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Do we think that Gary Hoffman’s imminent appointment as Premier league Chairman could
End up proving beneficial to our cause.
I'd hope it wouldn't affect his thinking in any way, shape or form.

But if it did it would be whether he'd enjoy having CCFC go up or relish the opportunity to stick two fingers up at Joy.

I'd hope the former would take precedence but you never know. After all as PL chairman he can't be directly blamed if the season were voided for us. EFL could choose to do something different if they wanted.

If he did then he couldn't ever go near Liverpool ever again.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

It’s hardly getting the title to shut them up though is it, only 9 games to play 27 wins only 1 loss and
25 points clear of Man City, it would be an absolute travesty if they Aren’t crowned Champions.

of course we have a convincing case ourselves as to whether we gain promotion/champions etc
But I just don’t understand the amount of people talking about Liverpool like they are somehow
undeserving.
If Liverpool are crowned champions and we aren’t ‘that won’t be Liverpool’s fault.

I think you missed my point.

I wasn't really comparing the points gap difference.

Yes, they are miles ahead, but if they don't get the championship versus little Coventry getting promoted then they will make a lot more waves than us.

Giving then the championship doesn't upset anyone else because there is is no promotion involved. They could easily do that and just void the rest of the leagues.

I guess I just don't have a lot of faith that we won't get fucked over at the end of this all.

steve cooper

...who knows but I’d be more confident of us playing BCD if we were in the PL or Championship.
The point is though, if the Premier league is competed there will be relegations to the championship, hence also promotions from the Championship either by them also completing the season, or based on PPG or some other method. If the Championship also complete the season and L1 + L2 don't then there will need to be promotion from L1 to balance the Championship. If the Championship is based on PPG, how can they not apply that to the other EFL teams?

Sick Boy

The point is though, if the Premier league is competed there will be relegations to the championship, hence also promotions from the Championship either by them also completing the season, or based on PPG or some other method. If the Championship also complete the season and L1 + L2 don't then there will need to be promotion from L1 to balance the Championship. If the Championship is based on PPG, how can they not apply that to the other EFL teams?
In much the same way that the leagues lower down have been effectively declared null and void. The PL decision will be dictated by money and they could quite easily declare no relegation from the PL or Championship.

Brylowes

'Update' from the EFL, still wait and see.
If and when the fixture list does resume, surely every fixture played would strengthen our position
ie: if we played 3 or 4 more games and were then forced to stop again “null and void” would be
Even less likely with only 6 or 7 left to play.

Sky Blue Harry H

In much the same way that the leagues lower down have been effectively declared null and void. The PL decision will be dictated by money and they could quite easily declare no relegation from the PL or Championship.
...and Leeds club and fans would react how?

Brighton Sky Blue

I genuinely think we’d end up nearer the bottom. Best players sold and returned to parent clubs, morale gone, impact of St Andrews on finances etc.

Who knows. But I think the chances of us being this far ahead at the top with 10 games to go is pretty unlikely. Might be OK with it if we get to veto the season if it turns sour

Otis

Going to be shit and rather pointless for those trying to avoid relegation. I know there is prize money for position, but there is going to be an awful lot of zero tension and plenty of dead rubbers.

steve cooper

Ok I respect your thoughts on this but that would mean deliberately not relegating 2 or 4 teams that have completed the season in relegation positions just so they don't have to apply some formula for L1 & L2, and that will undoubtedly lead to widespread anger and possibly court action. If the government say it's ok to resume behind closed doors, it's far easier to complete the season for all league clubs than any other alternative, especially if they start trying to apply different rules to the Championship. The lower leagues possibly reacted too soon, although there were probably a different set of circumstances, and pressure from the clubs due to financial reasons.

Sick Boy

Ok I respect your thoughts on this but that would mean deliberately not relegating 2 or 4 teams that have completed the season in relegation positions just so they don't have to apply some formula for L1 & L2, and that will undoubtedly lead to widespread anger and possibly court action. If the government say it's ok to resume behind closed doors, it's far easier to complete the season for all league clubs than any other alternative, especially if they start trying to apply different rules to the Championship. The lower leagues possibly reacted too soon, although there were probably a different set of circumstances, and pressure from the clubs due to financial reasons.
Exactly, the situation for clubs in Leagues 1 and 2 are very different to those in the PL.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Then they would do well to drop tinpot Bournemouth and let Leeds in

Do you think someone could offer up an alternative 'franchise' based system that offers the bigger clubs want they want in terms of revenue streams, with the league taking a percentage of each clubs individual takings? If the likes of Man U, Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea and Spurs backed it and said they'd move what could the PL do? Would take tenders from 16/20 teams so not have to be constrained with the smaller clubs and could let the likes of Leeds, Forest etc take the places of the Bournemouth's.

Brighton Sky Blue

Do you think someone could offer up an alternative 'franchise' based system that offers the bigger clubs want they want in terms of revenue streams, with the league taking a percentage of each clubs individual takings? If the likes of Man U, Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea and Spurs backed it and said they'd move what could the PL do? Would take tenders from 16/20 teams so not have to be constrained with the smaller clubs and could let the likes of Leeds, Forest etc take the places of the Bournemouth's.

I was being a bit churlish/bitter to be honest, the top flight as is does nothing for me but if they wanted greater international appeal they could just ruthlessly get rid of clubs averaging titch crowds and replace them with the type of clubs you're describing.

Lord_Nampil

Huh? So, our position in the league doesn't count for anything? How does that work?
All the teams would have to agree to it, can’t see it happening myself seems they have the promote 2 and no relegation how would that work out for Bolton??? And also no bury..... seems not all the info has been released!

cc84cov

Let’s be honest it’s just them printing a story
This won’t happen and we know it

Attachments

• 8C911D0D-6A4B-459E-8ABF-90DD01863FA4.png
    8C911D0D-6A4B-459E-8ABF-90DD01863FA4.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 50

Users who are viewing this thread