EFL Decision on Coventry’s future expected today (2 Viewers)

Brylowes

They are deserved winners of the Premier League and it would have been 2 or so games before they mathematically won it.

However, let's not pretend that they are a victim city/team.
I’m not pretending anything, the poster I was answering had said that he thought
“Liverpool will get the title to shut them up”
I was merely pointing out that if we feel our League position gives us a strong case
In regard of being awarded promotion ‘then their case must be stone wall.

Magwitch

The ppg would not put Wycombe 3 rd Oxford would stay there they have 4 home and 3 away Wycombe have 3 home and 6 away and their away record (Wycombe) is their downfall.They would be in the top 6 thoughbut no cigar.
Don’t think that’s correct, Wycombe have played one game less than all those above except us and just one point behind so on ppg that makes their record better don’t think who they have to play and who has the most home games would come into it.
Unless it was decided to play the play-offs rather than just promote the third placed team suppose that’s a possibility.

Last edited:

Happy_Martian

Just had this come up on my Youtube recommended llist. Not heard the L1/L2 regionalisation suggestion before. Anyone else heard anything ?

Gynnsthetonic

Another proposal was if all the remaining matches are to be void then to class them as 0-0 draws, this way seems fair as well and do away with the play offs for a season.

steve cooper

Just been announced on BBC that the government are keen to get football back up and running BCD in May. They only mentioned the premier league but I imagine that would mean all league football.

The coventrian

I don’t think I’ll come back. I said I’d give up, probably won’t be that drastic but I won’t but a season ticket holder. Maybe go to a game here and then. Would be more open to take a free stream. Basically it will break the link and I’ll become a casual fan. What’s the point if they can take it from you. Will just be an excuse to go on the beer with mates on occasion or something to watch when I’m not doing anything.
"Basically it will break the link and what's the point if they can take it from you?"

That's exactly how the majority of us who chose not to go to st Andrew's felt like after yet another ground share under these shysters ownership. Maybe you'll kind of understand how we feel now.
Just my opinion but why cant they just finish the season behind closed doors? Plus side is non of you have to go to that dump again this season :cigar:

Nick

Administrator
"Basically it will break the link and what's the point if they can take it from you?"

That's exactly how the majority of us who chose not to go to st Andrew's felt like after yet another ground share under these shysters ownership. Maybe you'll kind of understand how we feel now.
Just my opinion but why cant they just finish the season behind closed doors? Plus side is non of you have to go to that dump again this season :cigar:
You had to have a link to break

Sick Boy

Just been announced on BBC that the government are keen to get football back up and running BCD in May. They only mentioned the premier league but I imagine that would mean all league football.
...who knows but I’d be more confident of us playing BCD if we were in the PL or Championship.

Grendel

I don’t think I’ll come back. I said I’d give up, probably won’t be that drastic but I won’t but a season ticket holder. Maybe go to a game here and then. Would be more open to take a free stream. Basically it will break the link and I’ll become a casual fan. What’s the point if they can take it from you. Will just be an excuse to go on the beer with mates on occasion or something to watch when I’m not doing anything.

Same for me - whole thing would just be a fiasco

thekidfromstrettoncamp

Don’t think that’s correct, Wycombe have played one game less than all those above except us and just one point behind so on ppg that makes their record better don’t think who they have to play and who has the most home games would come into it.
Unless it was decided to play the play-offs rather than just promote the third placed team suppose that’s a possibility.

This is going to open up a right can of worms Sky Blue Dreamer has gone into all the different premutations somewhere on S B T but teams pick up more points at home so if youv'e played more at home ( ie Wimbledon H 42 from 18 games A 17 from 16) the more points will you have . I make it Oxford would have 75 and Wimbledon 74 even if they were level on points Oxford would go up on goals difference. Like i said a can of worms.Out of interest we would have 86 or 87 with this formula it could only be 87.

hill83

Yes it will be shit if it gets taken away from us but I’m not having the giving up bollocks. Get a grip.

We need to come back stronger next season. Not mince off crying.

Nick

Administrator
Yes it will be shit if it gets taken away from us but I’m not having the giving up bollocks. Get a grip.

To be honest I'll lose interest in football a fair bit compared to how I was if it all gets voided.

Makes a mockery of it all. Makes the whole season less meaningful as a friendly against Nuneaton.

Liquid Gold

With all respect you’ve (understandably) not been as active a fan the last few years. I’ve been driving 200 mile round trips for every fucking game. If they expect me to carry on after taking away the only properly good season we’ve ever had they can fuck off.

hill83

To be honest I'll lose interest in football a fair bit compared to how I was if it all gets voided.

Nah. Top of the league next season with 10 games to go and you’ll still be sulking?

hill83

With all respect you’ve (understandably) not been as active a fan the last few years. I’ve been driving 200 mile round trips for every fucking game. If they expect me to carry on after taking away the only properly good season we’ve ever had they can fuck off.

Point taken, but I’m not buying it. You’ll be back doing the same eventually.

Grendel

The reason it would be voided will be if the PL stitch everyone else up - which they will - it’s for us going to be like on the penultimate square on snakes and ladders - you hit in and the snake takes you back to the start

It would be hugely deflating and also unlikely we’d recover well enough to do it again

The situation as it is means survival is unlikely anyway but at least a sense of fairness has taken place.

One team in the lower leagues won 27 out of 27 and their injustice is absurd. If you have no confidence in law makers in does impact you

Grendel

The Jersey Bulls story is really a disgrace - newly formed and only allowed in the league as they agreed to pay away teams costs to fly to the island. Had 700 fans a game and all just taken away by administrators in suits

thekidfromstrettoncamp

I notice a few on are starting to lose interest just think if this season was void and next season goes up the tubes as well because of coronavirus.I think it's better to try and at least finish the season we were in first and then try and work the future out. This talk of playing games BCD and screening them on terrestial surely the Sky and B T will want some of their money back or an extension to their contracts.The case Grendel has just quoted I think may well be the tip of the iceburg football is in for a hell of a change

thekidfromstrettoncamp

I’d go to some games for a few beers but I’d not go anywhere near a season ticket or ifollow season pass.

I think next season very few season ticket will be sold people will either not have the money or seen what is happening this season and won't want to make a big outlay with the possibility of the same thing happening again.

Brighton Sky Blue

Nah. Top of the league next season with 10 games to go and you’ll still be sulking?

I hope we could pull it off again but it’s a big if and we could just as easily be in mid table and have Sunderland run away with it. How would you be feeling then?

Sick Boy

I hope we could pull it off again but it’s a big if and we could just as easily be in mid table and have Sunderland run away with it. How would you be feeling then?
I genuinely think we’d end up nearer the bottom. Best players sold and returned to parent clubs, morale gone, impact of St Andrews on finances etc.

Legia Sky Blue

There are threads all mixed up on here and its been said before but to repeat...
Leagues would have an extra 3 teams in them for a couple of seasons, then relegate 3 instead of two to bring each season to return the leagues to the normal number.
Painless and fair.

Nothing fair about Bolton and Southend not getting relegated. They deserve to go down.

Grendel

Nothing fair about Bolton and Southend not getting relegated. They deserve to go down.

The Bolton case is of course interesting as a points penalty is given in a season for a punishment - if that season is nullified the punishment shouldn’t be

Legia Sky Blue

Wycombe's game in hand is away to us, so given where we were when football stopped, they would probably have been expected to lose, and therefore remain outside the play offs by those teams currently above them. There is no obviously fair way to decide 3rd place or the play off positions without playing the season to an end.

hill83

Can’t be arsed to get into an in depth back and forth about this. Whatever happens I’ll still be supporting the club. City til I die and all that.

Assuming we still have a club of course.

Tommo1993

This has been one of the best [footballing] seasons ever for us. None of us really want it to come undone. It would be a massive bitter pill to swallow. An injustice. I know it’s only a game but still.

Some say just come back stronger, but for me, lightning doesn’t strike in the same place twice...

chiefdave

IMO there's a huge difference between becoming disillusioned when our best, arguably only, chance of winning a title in decades is snatched away and actively boycotting over some misguided notion that playing at the Ricoh is currently a viable option.

chiefdave

If it happens I think a lot will come down to how we start the season, which is likely to be BCD. Get off to a flyer and people might start to believe Robins can do it again. However start badly and looking like a relegation battle is on the cards and I don't think people will be exactly queuing up to go to St Andrews when crowds are allowed to return.

hill83

I actually meant we need to come back stronger as fans next season. The football will sort itself out.

I can see why that might be a struggle though. Which is a shame.

Somerset Sky Blue

I genuinely think we’d end up nearer the bottom. Best players sold and returned to parent clubs, morale gone, impact of St Andrews on finances etc.
I'm not confident for next year, if we remain in league one, but we all seem to be overlooking the impact on other teams. Whilst our team may be weaker for the reasons outlined, so will other clubs.

Users who are viewing this thread