EFL Decision on Coventry’s future expected today (3 Viewers)

Happy_Martian

If you don’t relegate anyone it means a season of no parachute payments which presumably would instead go straight to the promoted sides

Or shared among all the clubs in the division as they've all suffered through this crisis.

BackRoomRummermill

Govt is reviewing the Lockdown again on 7th May. B&Q are already looking to reopen their stores, as are others. While the initial panic and concerns suggested this would be a months long thing, I can foresee us returning to "normal" much quicker than that, if only based on public demand. As some have already said, some members of the public are already wandering around as if nothing is wrong. I've even seen a learner driver going around the road I live on earlier this week. I know Driving Instructors are not essential staff so I'm not too sure how you deal with social distancing in a RED hatchback :/

I completely disagree , this will go on for a while longer yet , don’t expect a pub to be open at least until September

Happy_Martian

I completely disagree , this will go on for a while longer yet , don’t expect a pub to be open at least until September

You're welcome to disagree, everyone is entitled to an opinion. And indeed, we may be seeing public apathy or over-confidence generating these changes. But we need to see the important statistics that aren't shown on TV or the Internet, specifically new hospital admittances with COVID-19 would be my tracker data, not deaths, as those that recover have still contracted the virus and could have passed it on as well. If admittances level off or reduce, then we know that the virus is on its way out.

Liquid Gold

FWIW I still think that there are a lot of asymptomatic cases and once we have a working antibody test a lot of things will open back up.

BackRoomRummermill

FWIW I still think that there are a lot of asymptomatic cases and once we have a working antibody test a lot of things will open back up.

I think everyone needs to manage expectations , I have already resigned myself summer holidays a no no , it comes down to the fact cases are going down only because of the lockdown , as soon as people have more freedom then it will come back unless they have a cure or vaccine .

shmmeee

Social distancing can only work up to a point. As soon as kids go back to school its out of the window. They may sit them 2 meters apart in class rooms, but have you seen kids going in and out of schools? its like a football crowd..... There is a subway near me where school kids cross in different directions every morning, think a few thousand going under all at the same time.

Plus what about the obesity issues. What sports can any child do with social distancing? darts? Running maybe?

I was socially distant for all my PE lessons, usually having a fag in the woods as far away as possible.

shmmeee

Is this based on anything other than hope?

SK has mass testing and had a fatality rate of just under 2% and a positive test rate of 2%. Best estimates I’ve seen here have been below 10% have had it so far. That’s far too low for an antibody test to be used to open up lockdown.

I can’t see anything unless a vaccine or very effective treatment is discovered other than turning the current measures on an off according to capacity.

better days

Is this based on anything other than hope?

SK has mass testing and had a fatality rate of just under 2% and a positive test rate of 2%. Best estimates I’ve seen here have been below 10% have had it so far. That’s far too low for an antibody test to be used to open up lockdown.

I can’t see anything unless a vaccine or very effective treatment is discovered other than turning the current measures on an off according to capacity.
A trial started in Oxford this week where volunteers who haven't had the virus (to their knowledge) are being tested to see what proportion actually have had it without symptoms
Apparently the trial will also include central London and Birmingham which are hotspots of course
That should give a reasonable picture of whether there is a large percentage of people who are asymptomatic but experts in the field say that evidence from countries who had cases before the UK suggest it's likely to be fewer than initially suspected

shmmeee

A trial started in Oxford this week where volunteers who haven't had the virus (to their knowledge) are being tested to see what proportion actually have had it without symptoms
Apparently the trial will also include central London and Birmingham which are hotspots of course
That should give a reasonable picture of whether there is a large percentage of people who are asymptomatic but experts in the field say that evidence from countries who had cases before the UK suggest it's likely to be fewer than initially suspected

As I say looking at the SK data which I think is the most comprehensive so far it’d be surprising if it’s more than 10%

Even if many have any antibody test that’s not 100% accurate (that’s all of them) quickly runs into Bayes theorem as explained here: Antibody tests may hold clues to COVID-19 exposure, immunity—but it's complicated

I’ve not seen about this Oxford trial, I can’t find anything online. You got a link?

better days

As I say looking at the SK data which I think is the most comprehensive so far it’d be surprising if it’s more than 10%

Even if many have any antibody test that’s not 100% accurate (that’s all of them) quickly runs into Bayes theorem as explained here: Antibody tests may hold clues to COVID-19 exposure, immunity—but it's complicated

I’ve not seen about this Oxford trial, I can’t find anything online. You got a link?
Don't think it's been publicly announced yet but I have personal knowledge of it from people who are involved
Don't think it's a secret but most attention is on the vaccine trials which also started at Oxford yesterday

thekidfromstrettoncamp

To my thinking cancelled means called off or deleted in which case things go back to the start no promotion or religation that wouldn't be popular in Liverpool ,Leeds and this neck of the woods

Otis

I am sure we will be confirmed as champions if the season cannot be finished.

Not argument to be had really is there.

In the Dutch league the top two are separated by goal difference only.

hill83

I am sure we will be confirmed as champions if the season cannot be finished.

Not argument to be had really is there.

In the Dutch league the top two are separated by goal difference only.

We aren’t in the top league. Have a look down to our level. Someone more points clear than us getting done over.

Users who are viewing this thread