EFL Decision on Coventry’s future expected today (1 Viewer)

Orlando

Dave Boddy was interviewed on 5 Live this morning and admitted there was little chance of EFL resuming this season.

Malaka

Dave Boddy was interviewed on 5 Live this morning and admitted there was little chance of EFL resuming this season.
I heard it on the way to work. I think the best we can hope for is agreement on the final tables

Warwickhunt

Germany are resuming football behind closed doors according to the News today?

SlowerThanPlatt

A crucial vote is expected to be held next week on whether League One and League Two should be abandoned this season with the fear that the majority of clubs do not now want to carry on.

Telegraph Sport understands that the issue of curtailing the season will be formally raised by the English Football League at a conference call meeting on Thursday with clubs informed of the intention to put it to a vote.

The 23 clubs in League One and 24 in League Two will be told to cast their votes at next week’s meeting with the EFL having already spent the last few days informally canvassed opinion which appears to show there is an overwhelming desire not to carry on. The vote will not involve clubs in the Championship with the EFL hopeful that it will still be played to a conclusion....

larry_david

Of course the majority won't. Can't be arsed because they are wallowing below 7th place. Fucking grinds my gears this. The teams who have underperformed will be begging to cancel to save money and assure survival.

shmmeee

Of course the majority won't. Can't be arsed because they are wallowing below 7th place. Fucking grinds my gears this. The teams who have underperformed will be begging to cancel to save money and assure survival.

Proper two wolves and a sheep voting on what’s for dinner stuff that isn’t it?

Why would anyone outside those with a chance at promotion vote against ending the season?

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
Proper two wolves and a sheep voting on what’s for dinner stuff that isn’t it?

Why would anyone outside those with a chance at promotion vote against ending the season?

I suspect we'd be voting for abandonment too.

Grendel

As in void the season? Why on earth would we do that?

It won’t mean the season is voided provided the leagues above allow promotion and / or relegation - it’s always reality been a case of If the premier league will allow two extra teams or relegate - I doubt it has any legitimacy anyway it’s just a way of making a point not binding

CCFC88

Have to hope they do the right thing re promotion relegation now I think. This below looks logical and fair, although I don't expect logical and fair decisions to be made.
Prem No relegation promote 2 Ch autos 22 teams next season
Champs no relegation promote 2 L1 autos 24 teams next season
L1 relegate 2 cut adrift promote 3 L2 autos 24 teams next season
L2 no relegation promote Barrow 22 teams next season

Back to 92 teams, Prem get more games next year to keep TV happy, additional relegations agreed to realign in coming years or may just stick with an expanded Prem if they like the taste of additional TV revenue.

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
As in void the season? Why on earth would we do that?
Abandon the remaining games, not void the season.

As Boddy said this morning -

"We believe that the situation should be dealt with the same as other countries, France have produced final tables based on final points per game, Scotland have done something similar."

Mcbean

I think France initially made the decision to abandon further games but followed up with the ppg result - let’s just hope it goes this way but promotion is dependent on the Championship end result which again depends on the PL so PL is the driver

Brylowes

Have to hope they do the right thing re promotion relegation now I think. This below looks logical and fair, although I don't expect logical and fair decisions to be made.
Prem No relegation promote 2 Ch autos 22 teams next season
Champs no relegation promote 2 L1 autos 24 teams next season
L1 relegate 2 cut adrift promote 3 L2 autos 24 teams next season
L2 no relegation promote Barrow 22 teams next season

Back to 92 teams, Prem get more games next year to keep TV happy, additional relegations agreed to realign in coming years or may just stick with an expanded Prem if they like the taste of additional TV revenue.
If the Prem and Championship are going to play the season out to a conclusion ‘why would they have
No relegations.

CCFC88

If the Prem and Championship are going to play the season out to a conclusion ‘why would they have
No relegations.
The bottom 6 have said they will only play BCD at neutral venues if relegation is removed, only 7 votes required to stop the Prem pressing forward with BCD neutral.

I agree with Otis though, that is farcical but certainly not out of the question currently

SkyBlueCRJ

Just a thought but if it's left to a vote we could well be in a Leeds United situation here. Obviously there's no fans expected at games for a while but there will be at some point and considering we are top in away attendances I'd hedge my bets that our fellow L1 clubs won't want us out of the league given the amount of money it would cost them in lost revenue. After all, who knows how long we could be out of L1 for if the decision was made for us to be promoted.

CoventryUSA

If the top 6 clubs hold firm and vote to continue, it will come just one team short of 75% threshold.

Coventry could deliver the final vote needed if given assurances that it would be promoted.

Hate to see the season end, but would be good to lock up promotion.

Legia Sky Blue

I thought the EFL included Championship, League 1 and League 2. Surely any vote to 'abandon' the season should involve all members, not just a separate vote for League 1 and League 2 clubs.

Philosorapter

PPG will crown City as Champions. I don't think anyone will be arguing here if that is what's used to sort the final standings out.

Users who are viewing this thread