EFL Decision on Coventry’s future expected today (2 Viewers)

SlowerThanPlatt

The club put out earlier there was an interview with Robins and Kelly at 6:30 on MTD but I’ve not seen anyone post mention it?

SlowerThanPlatt

I couldn't help myself.

There was an article on the BBC Sport website which took my interest.

Championship: Experts at University of Reading predict the 'final table'

So I decided to go on Twitter.

Interesting thread.

Does the Glicko 2 system you use consider form? Wycombe were not maintaining their early season form and the general consensus was that they wouldn’t make the play offs but in a lot of predicted tables they finish in third place and get promoted

CCFC88

Does the Glicko 2 system you use consider form? Wycombe were not maintaining their early season form and the general consensus was that they wouldn’t make the play offs but in a lot of predicted tables they finish in third place and get promoted
You say that, and yes they had quite a dip, but on last 5 games form they have a better record than Rotherham, Sunderland, Fleetwood and Portsmouth

Astute

How can you claim from a legal POV the EFL should've predicted that a pandemic would've halted the season?

That's literally like saying the EFL would be liable if the season was halted due to an alien invasion because there were no policies in place to mitigate the fallout from such a scenario.
Calm down.

They are not to blame for the situation. Correct.

But who have they to blame for the way they deal with the situation?

A lot of it would come down to the written rules and regulations. Are they watertight for a situation like this? I wouldn't think so. Nobody in the legal trade would say it is. It is all down to interpretation unless the wording of any kind of contract specifies what would happen in a certain situation.

Having life change because of a virus doesn't mean anyone can be negligent afterwards. The law still stands.

Philosorapter

I've added to the thread.

I believe the solution is here for the PL/EFL if for any reason the season could not continue.

Philosorapter

How would this equate for L1?

This is a cut down version of Glicko-2 based around the games played for the time factor instead of time-stamping each game in on the date played.

It is the first time Glicko-2 has been available for use online without all the hassle.

The system used at the Ulster Chess Union, in my opinion, is the next step after Glicko-2.

If you want to see where the cutting edge is in all this then the link below is a good start.

Universal Rating System | About Us

cc84cov

German football starting back may 15th no reasons England won’t follow albeit a little later

CCFC88

German football starting back may 15th no reasons England won’t follow albeit a little later
All 20 Italian Serie A clubs want to finish the season (resistance from their gov) Spain players heading back to training as well.

Sick Boy

All 20 Italian Serie A clubs want to finish the season (resistance from their gov) Spain players heading back to training as well.
What's the government resistance to Serie A? They were approved to start training yesterday?

chiefdave

Rick Parry, EFL Chairman, has been reported as telling the DCMS they want to finish the season and use all grounds not neutral venues but realistically need to be finished by July 31. Has also said if there's no promotion and relegation it will lead to very messy legal action.

Interestingly he said football needs a reset and mentioned things like salary caps so in the long term it may be that this crisis is what finally sees something meaningful done to sort out the mess that is football finance.

Paxman II

Gordon Taylor once again demonstrating that football authorities in positions of power have no idea. And many wonder why football is out of control?
It's full of idiots at the top unable to make decisions and like sheeple follow the money only. I actually can't believe he said it.

better days

Gordon Taylor once again demonstrating that football authorities in positions of power have no idea. And many wonder why football is out of control?
It's full of idiots at the top unable to make decisions and like sheeple follow the money only. I actually can't believe he said it.
Gordon Taylor is the football equivalent of Jimmy Hoffa
A crook who has been using the PFA for his own ends for years and years
It's a scandal. He's made himself the highest paid union leader in the world even though the PFA is tiny in comparison
Whenever someone tries to stand up to him Taylor and his allies conspire against them
Dave Kitson is the latest to take him on
The members need to back the lad

Sky Blue Harry H

It's a scandal. He's made himself the highest paid union leader in the world even though the PFA is tiny in comparison
Whenever someone tries to stand up to him Taylor and his allies conspire against them

How long has the guy had the job - seems like decades (cushiest / well paid job going?)

SlowerThanPlatt

I can’t see pros rallying around Kitson after his comments on Sterling and believed to be the secret footballer. Just a PR exercise for him

Users who are viewing this thread