EFL Decision on Coventry’s future expected today (2 Viewers)

shmmeee

Massive game of Wembley (or whatever you called it) Neutral Goalkeeper, Each team selects 1 player. 20 players shooting at 1 goal if you score you go through last man standing goes out (Finishes 20th in table) Repeat until you have a winner.

Hmmm, who would you pick for us?

Liam Walsh I reckon, if doubles then Walsh and O,Hare. Obviously not if it was heads and volleys.

Mcbean

Look don’t want to be picky that’s stupid when Walsh is a loan player think about what you say - got to be short straw from the whole team including Marosi

Frank Sidebottom

Hmmm, who would you pick for us?

Liam Walsh I reckon, if doubles then Walsh and O,Hare. Obviously not if it was heads and volleys.
Hmm it's Tricky because the first few rounds with 20 odd players on the pitch you'd want someone like Hyam or Rose who could tackle an opponent running into the box and then rifle it home... or just deflect a shot past the keeper, But probably Walsh or O hare when its down to the last 4 or 5.

shmmeee

Look don’t want to be picky that’s stupid when Walsh is a loan player think about what you say - got to be short straw from the whole team including Marosi

If no loan players it’s a lot harder. Want someone who can put a foot in but also beat ten men and rifle it home. I’d say Dabo but he’s struggle on the “rifle it home” bit. Doubles of Dabo and Godden might work though.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

If no loan players it’s a lot harder. Want someone who can put a foot in but also beat ten men and rifle it home. I’d say Dabo but he’s struggle on the “rifle it home” bit. Doubles of Dabo and Godden might work though.

Nah. Just tell him that the goal is ours. He'll have no probs.

chiefdave

I’d love to know the rationale behind reducing how many minutes in a half. It’s on par with Brady’s text a sub and “Onye it’s a fucking elephant”
It makes no sense. They won't have the players playing more games than they do now anyway, ie weekend - midweek - weekend, so why the need to shorten the games?

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I imagine it's to do with the level of inactivity and not being able to have much of a 'pre-season', inc. games so fears over player fitness.

Still a stupid idea though. Shouldn't just go around changing such fundamentals mid-season even in unprecedented times.

I might just see a case for allowing 5 subs or something but length of game is stupid. If the teams know it's a shorter game managers will just get them to up the intensity.

shepardo01

What like this one?

Name me a better Wembley player in the squad.

Oooops.... my bad. Had just got in from a stint at work.... was getting my Liam's mixed up!!
Was on about Kelly...
Shmmeee.... you are spot on!!
Great video...nice one for pointing out my obvious error!!!

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

chiefdave

Coronavirus: The key questions answered about sport's £700m 'hole'

This article says Parrys comments look like he thinks L1 and L2 wont finish.
How on earth have they got this from what Parry said?
BBC said:
Parry's comments made it appear increasingly likely Leagues One and Two will end with no further matches but the Championship continuing until there is greater clarity over whether the Premier League's attempts to restart the season are successful.
Parry said:
"Our end date realistically is 31 July because of the situation with contracts, we can't go beyond July.

"Players and staff have been furloughed and to expect clubs to bring them back in now, to forgo the furlough, only to then find in a month they can't play would be a complete mess.

"We need within days to be taking decisions."
Obviously I'm not saying we're going to be back playing shortly and everything will get nicely wrapped up but not sure how, from what Parry has actually said, they got that L1 and L2 will be abandoned while the Championship is completed.

Sick Boy

There’s very little chance of League 1 and L2 resuming, we need to be prepared for all possibile outcomes. They seem keen to get the PL and Championship played though, which is a concern for me.

Mcbean

There’s very little chance of League 1 and L2 resuming, we need to be prepared for all possibile outcomes. They seem keen to get the PL and Championship played though, which is a concern for me.
Sadly I think this is it , everyday that goes past the pressure ramps up - how they resolve it god only knows but no way they will get 300 ? odd games in - championship and pl get a solution l1 and l2 have to live with it - would just be our luck!

Users who are viewing this thread