Doug King live on air Monday (1 Viewer)

Saddlebrains

Its all about opinions

I dont trust him and think by christmas the tide will turn against him

If it doesnt and everyones still tasting his smeg then so be it

shmmeee

It’s like everything isn’t it? If we do well next season he’ll be god, if not he’s a c**t.

Risky to front load all the complaints though, he has to deliver this season.

croatskyblue

I too have my doubts, its not that I don't appreciate his efforts but he was being lauded on here as our savior as it coincided with a magnificent run by the team but although we achieved miracles with a low wage squad relative to our competitors, to repeat will require astute signings but ultimately a fair degree of luck in the loans / transfer market.

Tim & Joy at Wembley still showed that they have some financial interest in the success of the club irrespective of who legally owns it

And this is the point. He’ll mainly be judged by what happens on the field, and I don’t think too many people will mind if he makes Tynan Scope cry and upsets Dave Boddy along the way if we get promoted in the next 5 years.

As for the ‘narcissist’ nonsense- if we’re only looking to have nice cuddly people making the decisions then maybe we should get Andy Thorn back in some capacity, he was a lovely bloke

croatskyblue

Its all about opinions

It is about opinions, but they tend to be better when they’re backed with something apart from a personal grudge.

he’s trying to get more money in- ruffling a few feathers to do it but that’s life unfortunately- but the only time you can really judge him is next season, until then it’s just silly talk based on alleged personality disorders and a cheesy video

pusbccfc

Did you not see the Season ticket video?

Most people saw that he was taking the piss with the video. It was supposed to be funny and most had a laugh with it.

shmmeee

Ok finished. Not a lot said really. Just doesn’t seem too ambitious to say after effectively finishing as high as you can without getting promoted that our aim is to be top half and not 19th.

slowpoke

I'm not expecting the world none of us are

Just dont see him being here long, he's doing the bare minimum if were honest, it just looks like hes doing loads because the previous incumbents couldnt run a piss up in a brewery
Bare minimum ? Home ground secured, new top class pitch being laid, same at Ryton and refurbishment, new contracts for the management team, nearly 13000 season tickets sold already, corporate boxes sold for proper money, debt free, all since January if that’s the bare minimum i can’t wait until he gets serious and does a proper job.

Telfer85

Tim & Joy at Wembley still showed that they have some financial interest in the success of the club irrespective of who legally owns it

I for one can’t wait for the mystery machine to turn up and pull the faces of Doug and Will King off and it was Joy and Tim all along.

Would have got away with it too if it wasn’t for the pesky fans

croatskyblue

Bare minimum ? Ground extension, new top class pitch, same at Ryton and refurbishment, new contracts for the management team, nearly 13000 season tickets sold already, corporate boxes sold for proper money, debt free ll since January if that’s the bare minimum i can’t wait until he gets serious and does a proper job.

I don’t understand what all this stuff about ‘trust’ is about.

He will be judged on results, not how nice of a guy he is.

I don’t trust him and I don’t distrust him, he’s there to do a job in a very ruthless cutthroat industry, not run group therapy sessions

BrisbaneBronco

The way I see it is that SISU wanted out and had reached the end of the line in terms of investment. Despite what some people say SISU did invest in the club. MA was/is interested in buying the club otherwise why buy the stadium. Problem so far as any potential buyer is concerned is that there is nothing to buy. Player values don't count. So what do SISU do, they find any investor who is prepared to invest in the infrastructure and raise the clubs profile to make the club saleable. Out of the blue comes DK with shall I say tenuous links to SISU, and what he is doing is getting things in place to make the club saleable.

cooperskyblue

Its all about opinions

But why don't you trust him? Why are you choosing to take a glass half empty, negative outlook. If you can't be optimistic after getting to the playoff final, having a new owner, no wasps etc them when will you be able to?

He's actually got a plan and an ambition. Something we haven't had for years. We have an owner outwardly saying he doesn't want us to stand still ad a club and try and achieve promotion. Yet somehow there's still negativity. Would we rather just the same old from before?

NorthernWisdom

hill83

Narcissists

slowpoke

He's actually got a plan and an ambition. Something we haven't had for years. We have an owner outwardly saying he doesn't want us to stand still ad a club and try and achieve promotion. Yet somehow there's still negativity. Would we rather just the same old from before?
I’m afraid some on here would.

croatskyblue

But why don't you trust him? Why are you choosing to take a glass half empty, negative outlook. If you can't be optimistic after getting to the playoff final, having a new owner, no wasps etc them when will you be able to?

Saddlebrains is the kind of guy who if he won a million on the lottery he’d complain that the notes were too crumpled

Reactions: TTG

skyblu3sk

Ok finished. Not a lot said really. Just doesn’t seem too ambitious to say after effectively finishing as high as you can without getting promoted that our aim is to be top half and not 19th.
He has repeatedly said aim is play offs though which seems ambitious enough to me without having the parachute payments etc.

hill83

To me it sounded like he said 19th as a replacement for we don’t want to be shite.

hill83

I still trust the bloke who told me Mike Ashley is a done deal this summer anyway.

Sky Blue Harry H

I think we've been in the "isn't it great to have serious businessmen running the club" space before. Lots of nailing colours to masts going on here very early in his tenure. Let's wait and see how things are by the end of August, end of January 24 and end of next season.
The trouble is, the man might do a really good job on the off the pitch stuff, but if we have a dip on the playing side, people will have a pop at him regardless. if he does an average job, but the team does well, he's 'the saviour'.

RoboCCFC90

Listened to DK's interview in the car this morning on the way to work, I agree with the sentiment that if we want to get to the Premier League the club is going to need to increase it's revenue streams to attract better players. The club's main revenue stream is ST's, so an increase on season ticket prices was obvious.

Given that corporate prices have been lower than on our competitors for so long, I don't think anyone can argue with the clubs logic.

If fans don't like the prices sit somewhere else, it's not difficult.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

shmmeee, Kenilworth Sky Blue, Saddlebrains etc..are yet to be convinced by Doug King.
Doug King has been with us for 7 months, barely enough time to get to grips with decades long inertia and incompetence that brought the club to its knees. It seems to me he is tackling the issues head on with clarity and tackling the problems with a clear head.
I can’t for one moment think what the naysayers think he should be doing? Should he have raised the prices in the corporate areas incrementally? Should he have left the infrastructure rotting? Should he be touting sales of the players like the last lot?
I go to watch the team that represent my city in my city. We should thank Doug King because we are watching the club in our city. For me he has cleared the clouds that enveloped our club for a generation and should be applauded, not without scrutiny for sure but we should be pulling in the same direction. I think that some on here are happiest with their conspiracy theories, memories of the good old days of SISU and league 2.
Who gives a shit why he bought the club? I want my club to succeed, I want him to profit from that success and I want 11 players proud to wear our badge.
I’m not convinced by King - he’s started well in some respects with making the off field stuff more professional. He has however stated he wants the play offs 3/5 years - this won’t happen without investment on the pitch. I’m reserving by judgement until he’s given the tools to Robins so these goals can be achieved

we were burned under SISU - forgive us for being cautious

Matt smith

I’m not convinced by King - he’s started well in some respects with making the off field stuff more professional. He has however stated he wants the play offs 3/5 years - this won’t happen without investment on the pitch. I’m reserving by judgement until he’s given the tools to Robins so these goals can be achieved

we were burned under SISU - forgive us for being cautious
I don’t really care about anything other than the first team on a Saturday afternoon and whether we win or not

that’s where he’ll be judged by me

Reactions: MTK

Users who are viewing this thread