Doug King live on air Monday (2 Viewers)

KenilworthSkyBlue

Yeah I think with the season ticket sales and departing players Robins will have a bigger budget than usual

It'll be slightly bigger at best, but the issue remains that DK quite clearly wants to minimise the losses as much as possible and the stadium deal is clearly significantly worse that it was under Wasps.

The above strategy doesn't correlate with significantly increasing the playing budget unfortunately as the club were likely already making losses circa of £5m last season.

Last edited:

Balli001

5 year premier league package

5 year stadium deal

Dougs only putting his own cash into the only asset we have, Ryton.

It stinks of a short term view of ownership, tidying it up where possible, improving the asset we have and making the backroom set up more professional to then sack it off
But none of this shows he is a SISU puppet

hill83

Surely it matters how many we sell when the season starts. We havent started pre season yet and you want to beat him down over unsold boxes a week after they go onsale. Odd.

Ha ha, they aren’t even on sale yet?

edit: misread but leaving it up anyway

shmmeee

It'll be slightly bigger at best, but the issue remains that DK quite clearly wants to minimise the losses as much as possible and the stadium deal is clearly significant worse that it was under Wasps.

The above strategy doesn't correlate with increasing the playing budget unfortunately as the club were likely already making losses circa of £5m last season.

If only the perilous finances of football clubs wasn’t a closely guarded secret! We could have avoided this!

Ccfcisparks

5 year stadium deal

It stinks of a short term view of ownership, tidying it up where possible, improving the asset we have and making the backroom set up more professional to then sack it off
What else is he meant to put his cash into.

Theres the stadium and transfers.

The stadium was sold just before he took over, hardly going to be sold on again is it so can't blame him on that one.

Transfers we are a few days into the window, perhaps wait until the end of the window before judging him on those.

Saddlebrains

What else is he meant to put his cash into.

Theres the stadium and transfers.

The stadium was sold just before he took over, hardly going to be sold on again is it so can't blame him on that one.

Transfers we are a few days into the window, perhaps wait until the end of the window before judging him on those.

Just business wise seems to be what hes doing

Minimising losses, investing in the only asset we have, setting 5 year plans on and off the pitch, alongside 5 year stadium deal.

If he is here in 2028 i will be very shocked

TomRad85

Tbh if he wants to invest then try and sell up for profit then good luck to him, he just better do the investing part.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Ccfcisparks

Minimising losses, investing in the only asset we have, setting 5 year plans on and off the pitch, alongside 5 year stadium deal.

If an owner was here long term surely their goal would be to be minimising losses and investing in assets they own.

The only 5 year deal hes invested in really is the stadium deal.

slowpoke

The nagging doubt is it still doesn’t make much sense why he, apparently a hard nosed businessman, bought the club out of the blue and what financial resources he has access to (who is behind him).
As others have mentioned we also need to be a bit wary of what’s happening to money at the back end of the business (debt, financing, infrastructure), the end he’s looking after while everyone looks (understandably) at the shiny front end stuff.
and yes we’re a cynical bunch …
Let’s see.
Why do you say out of the blue, just because he wasn’t a known name like Mike Ashley or an Arab sheik doesn’t make him dodgy or a potential incompetent. Looks to me he has done his homework and approached turning ccfc into a proper football business and he has also got Mark Robins, established manager six years in to the job, feet well and truly under the table and provern successful, that’s worth its weight in gold.

Last edited:

Saddlebrains

If an owner was here long term surely their goal would be to be minimising losses and investing in assets they own.

The only 5 year deal hes invested in really is the stadium deal.

Of course, and i agree, but no new owner comes in and makes everything 5 years at any other club I've known about before

Ccfcisparks

Infact, aren't we relaying the pitch too.

Surely thats a positive sign that we are spending on an asset we dont even own.

Ccfcisparks

Of course, and i agree, but no new owner comes in and makes everything 5 years at any other club I've known about before
To be fair, the 5 year prem package is a unique deal and probably not an indicator of strategic direction.

The pitch I'd have been happy with a 1 year deal just to avoid what happened last year.

CCFCSteve

5 year stadium deal

I have no doubt his aim is to ultimately sell at a profit. I have no issue with that. The fact is the best way to do this is with success on the pitch so hopefully a win win all around

Kingokings204

5 year stadium deal

what do you want him to do? 15 year deal and 15 year season tickets?
He won’t be here forever. Don’t we all know this. If he wants to own us 5 years and move on then fine. He was a penalty kick from making a jackpot. Who else owns a lower league club put the goodness of their heart and with a long term 20 year view?

NorthernWisdom

I have no doubt his aim is to ultimately sell at a profit. I have no issue with that. The fact is the best way to do this is with success on the pitch so hopefully a win win all around
Yeah, my main question is always what the owners will do with the club if it doesn't succeed. We saw that with SISU, it was long and painful, what they did with it!

If King is prepared to cut his losses and move aside for the next chancer then great(!)

Saddlebrains

what do you want him to do? 15 year deal and 15 year season tickets?
He won’t be here forever. Don’t we all know this. If he wants to own us 5 years and move on then fine. He was a penalty kick from making a jackpot. Who else owns a lower league club put the goodness of their heart and with a long term 20 year view?

I'm not expecting the world none of us are

Just dont see him being here long, he's doing the bare minimum if were honest, it just looks like hes doing loads because the previous incumbents couldnt run a piss up in a brewery

CCFCSteve

Yeah, my main question is always what the owners will do with the club if it doesn't succeed. We saw that with SISU, it was long and painful, what they did with it!

If King is prepared to cut his losses and move aside for the next chancer then great(!)

Bring on Big Mike !

Razzle Dazzle Dean Gordon

Hang on that’s something different. If he bought the club with debt then he lied about us being debt free. Regardless I’m talking about operating losses from here out. Sisu lent us cash at extortionate rates. Is that was King plans to do as well? Would be nice if someone a bit more with it than the average BBC reporter could ask the questions TBH.
From memory he used some quite 'interesting' phrasing about there being 'no new debt into the club at the time of the takeover'. I may well be wrong but i don't believe there's been a statement about us having absolutely no debts to anyone and i recall the phrasing being suitably vague as to seem a bit sus.

NortonSkyBlue

shmmeee, Kenilworth Sky Blue, Saddlebrains etc..are yet to be convinced by Doug King.
Doug King has been with us for 7 months, barely enough time to get to grips with decades long inertia and incompetence that brought the club to its knees. It seems to me he is tackling the issues head on with clarity and tackling the problems with a clear head.
I can’t for one moment think what the naysayers think he should be doing? Should he have raised the prices in the corporate areas incrementally? Should he have left the infrastructure rotting? Should he be touting sales of the players like the last lot?
I go to watch the team that represent my city in my city. We should thank Doug King because we are watching the club in our city. For me he has cleared the clouds that enveloped our club for a generation and should be applauded, not without scrutiny for sure but we should be pulling in the same direction. I think that some on here are happiest with their conspiracy theories, memories of the good old days of SISU and league 2.
Who gives a shit why he bought the club? I want my club to succeed, I want him to profit from that success and I want 11 players proud to wear our badge.

croatskyblue

Would you have felt better if he’d have said that we’ll hopefully have a crack at promotion within the next 20 years or so?

there is nothing wrong with anything he’s said

come in, aim to get promotion within 5 years & he makes loads of cash- where exactly is the problem? If he was gone in 2028 because that happened I’d be delighted

Saddlebrains

shmmeee, Kenilworth Sky Blue, Saddlebrains etc..are yet to be convinced by Doug King.
Doug King has been with us for 7 months, barely enough time to get to grips with decades long inertia and incompetence that brought the club to its knees. It seems to me he is tackling the issues head on with clarity and tackling the problems with a clear head.
I can’t for one moment think what the naysayers think he should be doing? Should he have raised the prices in the corporate areas incrementally? Should he have left the infrastructure rotting? Should he be touting sales of the players like the last lot?
I go to watch the team that represent my city in my city. We should thank Doug King because we are watching the club in our city. For me he has cleared the clouds that enveloped our club for a generation and should be applauded, not without scrutiny for sure but we should be pulling in the same direction. I think that some on here are happiest with their conspiracy theories, memories of the good old days of SISU and league 2.
Who gives a shit why he bought the club? I want my club to succeed, I want him to profit from that success and I want 11 players proud to wear our badge.

Just dont trust the bloke and think hes a narcissist

ccfcricoh

the only way Doug profits out of all this is to sell us for more than he invests. To do that, we will need to be in a better position than we are now, on and off the pitch, which benefits both us and him, we're all on the same side ffs!

donald_trumps

Completely trust Doug. He has great business acumen and it is about time the corporate side of CCFC was improved. The price of corporate hospitality has been a joke for too long and it is rightly being adjusted to match the position and ambitions of the club.

shy_tall_knight

I too have my doubts, its not that I don't appreciate his efforts but he was being lauded on here as our savior as it coincided with a magnificent run by the team but although we achieved miracles with a low wage squad relative to our competitors, to repeat will require astute signings but ultimately a fair degree of luck in the loans / transfer market.

Tim & Joy at Wembley still showed that they have some financial interest in the success of the club irrespective of who legally owns it

Users who are viewing this thread