Doug King live on air Monday (1 Viewer)

slowpoke

If what he just said is true, that it was working out at £50 a game, then it clearly was too cheap
I was told a bit back that there were arrests made from one box for fighting and two ejected another week by the police who were on banning orders, if King wants to attract I hate to say it but “better”class business corporates he’s got to get rid of ne’er do wells I’m afraid.

Ccfcisparks

I was told a bit back that there were arrests made from one box for fighting and two ejected another week by the police who were on banning orders, if King wants to attract I hate to say it but “better”class business corporates he’s got to get rid of ne’er do wells I’m afraid.
This is going to cause a storm on here.

Colin Steins Smile

I thought DK came across pretty well and gave his reasoning for the changes in the corporate box prices.
My main "take" from the discussion was:
1. DK is funding the infrastructure - which my guess is circa 2-3 million.
2. DK will service the interest on operating loses in the next few years.
3. The revenues generated from ST's, Corporates, EFL payments and player transfers will fund the squad.
4. No new money to the academy ...yet.

olderskyblue

he can attract business corporates, but has no control over who they invite to their box. You can get some middle aged herberts and in there who drink too much, and act like nobs.
Ffs, I was invited to boxes in my middle age by corporates, so there’s proof if you needed it… ;)

djr8369

I thought DK came across pretty well and gave his reasoning for the changes in the corporate box prices.
3. The revenues generated from ST's, Corporates, EFL payments and player transfers will fund the squad.
Oh he’s only funding interest on loses, not the loses? No wonder he is desperate to get income up.

I guess a recording will be up at some point?

shmmeee

L1 wage bill then. Basically the same as Sisu.

Colin Steins Smile

Oh he’s only funding interest on loses, not the loses? No wonder he is desperate to get income up.

I guess a recording will be up at some point?
I probably didn't word that well. What I meant was:
* Given the club is supposedly "debt free"....the club would now make an operating loss each year and DK would fund the interest payments on those loses. Hence, the club will start to be in debt, albeit not to the anyway near the level SISU claimed.

shmmeee

Has anyone asked Doug what he thinks he brings to the table as owner? Would be interested to hear his reply, I’m guessing the usual about being a great businessman. But I’d really like to know why someone buys a club at this level with no intention of putting money in.

shmmeee

I probably didn't word that well. What I meant was:
* Given the club is supposedly "debt free"....the club would now make an operating loss each year and DK would fund the interest payments on those loses. Hence, the club will start to be in debt, albeit not to the anyway near the level SISU claimed.

Interest payments to who? Who is financing the debt?

shmmeee

It was never going to be his own money funding the buy-out of the club.

Hang on that’s something different. If he bought the club with debt then he lied about us being debt free. Regardless I’m talking about operating losses from here out. Sisu lent us cash at extortionate rates. Is that was King plans to do as well? Would be nice if someone a bit more with it than the average BBC reporter could ask the questions TBH.

Deity

Was it ever really going to be that much different under DK that it was under SISU?

A player sale is pretty much still going to be needed every season in order to keep losses at a minimum.
The same the football world over with the exception of a very small number of clubs

KenilworthSkyBlue

Sisu spent when they arrived.

Because the club had few if any sellable assets at the time to essentially keep the club solvent in the initial years along with funding transfer spend.

In Hamer and Gyokeres DK is sitting on £25-£30m of capital which he can use to bridge the gap without having to rely heavily on external investment.

slowpoke

Hang on that’s something different. If he bought the club with debt then he lied about us being debt free. Regardless I’m talking about operating losses from here out. Sisu lent us cash at extortionate rates. Is that was King plans to do as well? Would be nice if someone a bit more with it than the average BBC reporter could ask the questions TBH.
Why didn’t you phone up and ask then ?

Happy_Martian

Shame over 15 minutes of the 20 was taken up with Corporate prices for boxes. Something that will never affect 99% of us. That said, thought he answered the criticisms well.

pusbccfc said:
Agreed. Upton and CWR wasting time on boxes was disappointing if they knew he was only on for 20 minutes.

It's been said before that Upton and most of the regular CWR presenters are more fans than effective news or sports interviewers but to be fair to him, he did say beforehand that the main reason was the hulabaloo around the pricing of the corporate hospitality and season tickets.

If you'd wanted answers for other questions, it could be that's lined up for another Q&A in the future. As it happens, the 20 minutes was used to answer fans on the topic raised.

BrisbaneBronco

I smelt a rat when DK said that player sales would not used to pay off debt, yet when he took over, we were supposed to be debt free. Unless of course he is referring to future debt such as him financing infrastructure.
Am still of the opinion that for whatever reason, SISU have brought him in to facilitate a sale and that proceeds from said sale will ultimately end up in SISU's pockets less DKs commission.
Don't like MA, but feel he will end up owning us.

skyblu3sk

Did you listen to the interview itself or are you pulling your view from posters on here?

Telfer85

Nowhere in that interview did DK say he wouldn’t be putting money into the team. All he said was by increasing revenues it allows us to become more competitive with the top teams in this division. He’s also not going to be shouting from the rooftops what our budget is as that just weakens our hand in any negotiations. Robins has always played the budget down and that won’t change.

My take he is well aware this is going to make him a loss unless he gets to the prem. I don’t think our strategy of buying low selling high is gonna change massively anytime soon. I do think there will be with investment from king and whoever is backing him plus the increased revenues we will be more competitive than we have been for players in terms of wages and spending reasonable fees for players.

if people think we are gonna be spending 4/5 mil on one player or in excess of that then I’m not sure what you were expecting from DK. He keeps mentioning 3 out of 5 years for playoffs so he’s obviously set himself a 5 year target. My thinking is if we are not in the prem by then he cuts his losses and puts us up for sale.

Users who are viewing this thread