Doncaster Match Thread (1 Viewer)

Johnnythespider

where is Glen, probably hunkered down somewhere waiting for the end of the world on Friday.
Mark Robins has the actual first team squad hostage somewhere and has replaced them with capable lookalikes, this is the only explanation for this form.

I hope Glen's not too upset.

Covstu

absolutely top result, I was hopeful for a draw, didn't see us getting a win nevermind a 1-4 win! well done Robins for turning this side around, look out the rest of league one!!

wingy

Geoff was saying on CWR talking among the local press they could'nt recall a more convincing /exciting time to watch the city since relegation from the prem.What about the Black team/era + league higher ? We know what happened there.

Grendel

Not a Thorn fan by any stretch but he asked for McG in the summer. I still think he was a decent talent spotter just didn't know how to get the best of them on the pitch. Thankfully Robins can.

He also signed McDonald and his main 2 loans are nowhere to be seen. I think actually he wanted mcgoldrick in January.

Grendel

Geoff was saying on CWR talking among the local press they could'nt recall a more convincing /exciting time to watch the city since relegation from the prem.What about the Black team/era + league higher ? we know what happened there.

Results really were hit and miss. We would win easily one week and lose the next. Now there seems to be a strong possibility of winning games consistently.

Defence is looking stronger - it was awful until robins came.

stupot07

Both are key.

DMC is identified as the main threat by the opposition. This in turn frees up space for our other forwards and midfield players. His contribution is massive even when he doesn't do anything.

Completely agree..both a vital.

It's interesting, it's almost the usual cov fan mentality that when a player leaves he wasn't that good anyway.

15 league goals in 19 games, pretty much half of all our league goals since robins has been here.

Otis

Completely agree..both a vital.

It's interesting, it's almost the usual cov fan mentality that when a player leaves he wasn't that good anyway.

15 league goals in 19 games, pretty much half of all our league goals since robins has been here.

And we've had no other striker with anything even approaching that tally since Dion Dublin. They are as rare as rocking horse shit.

As I said before, we should not under estimate the importance of David McGoldrick to the team.

First two words on the lips of any anyone opposition team talk when talking about us has to be 'David McGoldrick.'

D

Deleted member 4232

Sorry I'm late to the party, I've just been pinching myself for the past hour.

Grendel

Gone into hiding with Ian from CWR until our next defeat occurs

What about psgm1 - does he still not rate robins?

What about CJ - does he think thorn will come back and save us like he (apparently) did 2 years ago?

Otis

Gone into hiding with Ian from CWR until our next defeat occurs

And pgsm1. He really doesn't rate Robins at all. Well, at least he didn't. Maybe he's changed his stance from this a few weeks back;

Constantly changing managers with BAD managers doesn't help, but IF cov could get a DECENT manager, they could stand a chance!

What's the evidence for robin's having turned the team around? Just look at the failings before robins took over and see whether or not things have improved

Failings:

Cannot play full 90 minutes - unchanged
Cannot hold on to leads consistently - unchanged
Cannot score goals consistently - Apart from DM unchanged
Weak defensively - unchanged
Weak in midfield - unchanged
Stupid defensive errors in majority of matches - unchanged.

So HOW has robins improved the team? With the notable exception of McGoldrick, the squad is no better than under Thorn.

You cannot even compare him to Shaw, as Robins unlike Shaw was allowed to bring in 4 players!

As saturday proved without doubt, if McGoldrick doesn't score - Coventry CANNOT win games!

McGoldrick played poorly and low and behold cov lose!

FFS he played Clarke on the left! If ever a player was not suited to play on the left its Clarke!

Indeed there is a very strong case to say cov have gone backwards - not forwards!

Brighton Sky Blue

What about CJ - does he think thorn will come back and save us like he (apparently) did 2 years ago?

Even Linnel is coming round to the idea that Thorn was the reason behind our awful start.

Otis

CJ? I didn't get where I am today listening to people saying they think Thorn will come back and save us like he did 2 years ago!

Evans020

A Doncaster fan on a forum of theirs said that Coventry played them off the park.looked like a championship team in league1, had an immensely talented midfield with a striker that is too good for league 1.I have to agree that lately we look too good for this league .and finally look like we are consistant

Otis

Dean Saunders thought Doncaster would go onto win if they scored another goal

He also said "We just didn't defend, some of the defending was appalling and that's our strength."

So is he saying their strength is their appalling defending? :thinking about:

Nick

Administrator

The people who banged on about thorn being amazing are now the ones saying he has gone get over it.

Otis

Whatever happens this season, MR is the man to take us forward in the long term.

Organised, disciplined, no no nonsense, brings the best out of his players.

blitzer109

Whatever happens this season, MR is the man to take us forward in the long term.

Organised, disciplined, no no nonsense, brings the best out of his players.

I agree entirely, one little thing that has impressed me is how the back 4 work together in one group in the warm up and the attacking players work in a their own group together. It is little things like this that make up big differences.

speedie87

I agree entirely, one little thing that has impressed me is how the back 4 work together in one group in the warm up and the attacking players work in a their own group together. It is little things like this that make up big differences.

They Have done that for years

scroobiustom

Wouldn't it be f*cking typical if the Mayans were right this time JUST as we were starting to have a good season!

typical? no! All predictions of the world's end have proved to be false so not typical in the slightest :whistle:

Users who are viewing this thread