Doncaster Match Thread (1 Viewer)

dadgad

Finally after years of torture things are really beginning to shape up.
MASSIVE win this........nothing fluky....solid...augurs well.

ajsccfc

Mark Robins has the actual first team squad hostage somewhere and has replaced them with capable lookalikes, this is the only explanation for this form.

I hope Glen's not too upset.

shmmeee

Key has to be keeping DMC and Bailey.!

See I don't subscribe to this McGoldrick isn't like King, where our entire play went through him and our improvement was pretty much solely down to him. Robin has every player performing better.

McG is massive, but I don't think our season lives or dies with him.

Ash

I agree with what another user said earlier on in this thread, I don't think our season will implode if/when we lose McG. The chances are clearly being created plus we're getting midfielders tucking away quite a few as well including another 2 today from Moussa and Barton. Robins just has to keep us solid at the back so we can carry on winning games, albeit by smaller margins!

Otis

U joking? He got so much stick at the start of the season, completely written off by many posters

Written off, yes. Hated? No.

I didn't write him off but I was concerned about his supposed tendency to disappear out of games for sure.

covcity4life

MCG helps us make chances tho.

Cody is a poacher and won't really make many goals for others

We will be OK without him, but with MCG we are the best team in this league

covcity4life

Written off, yes. Hated? No.

I didn't write him off but I was concerned about his supposed tendency to disappear out of games for sure.

U also said anyone who believes in promotion was crazy so.....

And very petty to argue about the word haters

6 Generations

U joking? He got so much stick at the start of the season, completely written off by many posters
Baker was written off for a season. Players can improve given the right guidance.
Robins is obviously an excellent coach/ manager and I would fear losing him over any player,

wingy

We are currently 4 points behind schedule for the accepted maxim of 2 points per game ,,normally enough to secure automatic.:p

Otis

See I don't subscribe to this McGoldrick isn't like King, where our entire play went through him and our improvement was pretty much solely down to him. Robin has every player performing better.

McG is massive, but I don't think our season lives or dies with him.

Disagree.

Because of DMC's fine scoring streak this has created space for other players around him. Don't under estimate just how important he is. It's because DMC is getting so much attention from the opposition defences that we are now getting goals from elsewhere.

ajsccfc

A lot of the criticism of Barton was justified, let's not forget. Shouting at him for conceding possession and then sauntering around rather than trying to get the ball back is still valid, it doesn't rule out him getting better.

Writing someone off completely is nonsense though if they've been here about 5 minutes.

Otis

Baker was written off for a season. Players can improve given the right guidance.
Robins is obviously an excellent coach/ manager and I would fear losing him over any player,

Spot on this. Robins' influence has been massive. Baker seems transformed from the player we saw previously and he appears to be able to get the best out of everyone.

dadgad

......plus McGOALdick would be wrong to leave now.....at the very least he should see the season out.....as a sky-blue.

Sky Blue Pete

Disagree.

Because of DMC's fine scoring streak this has created space for other players around him. Don't under estimate just how important he is. It's because DMC is getting so much attention from the opposition defences that we are now getting goals from elsewhere.
i think you are both correct. I didn't think we had a hope of keeping him I am now s little hopeful. I also am definite that if he doesn't stay robins will bring someone else in. Come on fisher earn your money!

CarpyCov84

McGoldrick leaves were finiahed simple as that anyone who thinks otherwise hasn't seen him play.Lets be honest is Cody gonna come in and replace him hahaha dont be silly he leaves we will not replace him fact

Otis

i think you are both correct. I didn't think we had a hope of keeping him I am now s little hopeful. I also am definite that if he doesn't stay robins will bring someone else in. Come on fisher earn your money!

He will probably bring someone else in, but 20 goal a season strikers are like gold dust and pretty hard darn hard to find.

covcity4life

Sisu must realise that by paying rent and keeping DMG they have a real chance if promotion, increased at tendencies and money!

No admuj or ground swaps! Back robins!

sylus

we need to keep mcgoldrick at all cost.agree with above post lose him and we are screwed,keep him and maybe goin up..

Otis

MCG is needed more

But I love Bailey and think we need both

Both are key.

DMC is identified as the main threat by the opposition. This in turn frees up space for our other forwards and midfield players. His contribution is massive even when he doesn't do anything.

Paxman II

Mark Robins alwways says how it is. makes sensible comment and gives the impression of knowing exactly what he is doing.

SISU need to back him to the hily now! Joy Sepella best be realising what is happening and act positively. Clear the rent issue and grab McGoldrick.

Users who are viewing this thread