Dom Hyam - Blackburn bid ? (2 Viewers)

slowpoke

I like Hyam and rate him especially when playing the right side, if we sell so be it but he has to be replaced preferably permanently and with a better player who may demand higher wages.

PUSB-We_are_going_up

If we were to bring in a like for like, I’d have a look at Warren O’hora at MK Dons.

I’d prefer though Mads Anderson or Michal Helik of Barnsley, both out of contract end of the season meaning we would be able to pick either of them up on the cheap as well

AOM

Wouldn't be completely against Hyam going for a fee, but pretty sure 0% of that money would go into replacing him, and we're already light in that position.

Don't want to replacing permanent players with loanees again either

SkyBlueScottie

Fucking hell, this thread is a state, some saying they would take the money to keep us afloat, ( we've rejected it) some saying its been an awful window... We aint sold anyone yet, weve knocked back bids, or more accurately quoted what we want for a player and the other clubs have gone away... Long may it continue.

CovLis86

Think it relies on how badly we need to offset the deficit and wages Blackburn are offering. Think Hyam would be sensible enough to know it would be once in a career offering if he's getting offered anything like double wage. He should ask for the move of that's the case.

Problem would be replacing at that point, but the scouting team would have options for every possibility lined up. May not be as good replacement, but we wouldn't try get through the season with 4 senior cbs. Surely?

Gibbo

Time to max out on our investment. The defence was the problem last year, particularly in the air.

If the conversation started at the beginning of the month, is it too optimistic to assume a good quality loan has been sorted out. MacFadz's days are numbered as well.

ceetee

If we sell it's because the club needs the money to pay bills, so, at that price, there wouldn't be much left, if any, for a replacement. So we end up gambling on a cheap loan or pick- up from a lower league who may turn out to be no better than Pask or Drysdale who we gave away.

Great_Expectations

Mr Reliable, and a player I don’t think we’ll truly realise how good he is for us until he’s gone.

He’s had a great rise with us, and he continues to improve. I don’t want him to go, especially as Rose is nowhere near where he needs to be - and hasn’t been for a long time. He’s a big player around the camp too; so that’ll be another loss.

But if we get £2/4m, keep COH, Gyokeres, Hamer and Sheaf, then we probably will do it.

Still would much prefer to see Hamer go and we keep everyone else.

Brighton Sky Blue

Perhaps it’s like Peter Reid with Callum Davrnport

“where’s Callum why isn’t he in training?”

“he’s gone Peter” says McGinnitty

We have been told before several times that MR has the final say. Selling one of our first choice CBs for a few million and then having to replace him with presumably another child loan with the change seems a bit odd.

If Stoke come knocking he should take it

Grendel

We have been told before several times that MR has the final say. Selling one of our first choice CBs for a few million and then having to replace him with presumably another child loan with the change seems a bit odd.

It’s lower than £2.5 m anyway according to Blackburn - the actual base fee will be less. Problem is we are losing money anyway and will only have 2 home games by the end of September

Deity

It’s lower than £2.5 m anyway according to Blackburn - the actual base fee will be less. Problem is we are losing money anyway and will only have 2 home games by the end of September
We shouldn’t confuse a temporary cash flow change to the losses the City make in a full year: the only P&L impact will be based on variable crowd attendance / TV coverage:

Brighton Sky Blue

The fee will probably come to the combined receipts from the 3 postponed league games and the Burton farce. This whole situation stinks and has 11/12 vibes all over it

Grendel

We shouldn’t confuse a temporary cash flow change to the losses the City make in a full year: the only P&L impact will be based on variable crowd attendance / TV coverage:

Cash flow issues close profitable businesses let alone loss making ones

KenilworthSkyBlue

It's the going narrative however it's clear that's not the case. And really it never was. It's just a positive PR spin that gets pushed by the club to emphasise how much things have changed in recent years.

The club operates on the basis that it needs to sell players in order to remain solvent, regardless of what division we're in that won't ever change under the current operation. If anything it'll be heightened in the Championship due to the sheer cost of playing in this division. A significant proportion of fans have conveniently forgotten this.

Brighton Sky Blue

It's the going narrative however it's clear that's not the case. And really it never was. It's just a positive PR spin that gets pushed by the club out to emphasise how much things have changed in recent years.

The club operates on the basis that it needs to sell players in order to remain solvent, regardless of what division we're in that won't ever change under the current operation. If anything it'll be heightened in the Championship due to the sheer cost of playing in this division. A significant proportion of fans have conveniently forgotten this.

There were people genuinely pleased that Sunderland came up instead of Wycombe. Don’t know about them but I’d rather have an extra side to be sure will finish below us.

We desperately need a change of ownership, it’s that simple. Yet the white knight never comes knocking as he does for pretty much everyone else.

KenilworthSkyBlue

There were people genuinely pleased that Sunderland came up instead of Wycombe. Don’t know about them but I’d rather have an extra side to be sure will finish below us.

We desperately need a change of ownership, it’s that simple. Yet the white knight never comes knocking as he does for pretty much everyone else.

I'd imagine we probably do receive enquiries from interested parties, especially as we're now an established Championship club...well for now. But other than Dale Evans and the occasional pop-up from Hoffman, we just won't hear about it.

That being said the majority of clubs don't have ridiculous price tags attached to them. Hence why it probably won't ever get further than an enquiry.

Sick Boy

According to a fair few on this forum, the majority of teams in this division are dreadful, so using their expert insights we should be aiming for the top 6 at the very least.

Liquid Gold

If true then it'll be topping off a thoroughly depressing summer.

I can't remember the last time going into a season with so little optimism.

Sick Boy

I'd imagine we probably do receive enquiries from interested parties, especially as we're now an established Championship club...well for now. But other than Dale Evans and the occasional pop-up from Hoffman, we just won't hear about it.

That being said the majority of clubs don't have ridiculous price tags attached to them. Hence why it probably won't ever get further than an enquiry.
I wouldn't say we're an established Championship club, we're only going into our third season after a decade in the lower leagues.

Brighton Sky Blue

You gave me a vision of Hoffman web ads spamming my browser

alexccfc99

The fee will probably come to the combined receipts from the 3 postponed league games and the Burton farce. This whole situation stinks and has 11/12 vibes all over it

Come off it man, in 2011/12 we had a chief scout who had never managed before playing Clive Platt and Roy O’Donovan up front

This season we have probably our second best ever manager coaching Gyökeres and Godden

Brighton Sky Blue

Come off it man, in 2011/12 we had a chief scout who had never managed before playing Clive Platt and Roy O’Donovan up front

This season we have probably our second best ever manager coaching Gyökeres and Godden

Will wait until the end of this transfer window before passing comment on that

Sick Boy

He was the fans' choice though - there would have been outrage if SISU had appointed Robins instead.

KenilworthSkyBlue

I wouldn't say we're an established Championship club, we're only going into our third season after a decade in the lower leagues.

On the footballing side of things, I'd say we are. We have a squad that is more than capable of remaining in this division and a manager with a solid record at delivering results with what little he has at his disposal.

The reason why our position is under threat is that we have an owner that it completely unwilling/unable to inject external investment into the squad to ensure that the club progresses - which is entirely unsustainable - an infrastructure that is likely worse than a number of L1 clubs, and a relatively short term lease with a landlord who the club has a fractured relationship with.

alexccfc99

He was the fans' choice though - there would have been outrage if SISU had appointed Robins instead.

If we’d have kept King and had a proper manager we would have stayed up that season, we were still fairly close with an awful side and a manager who wasn’t a manager

Users who are viewing this thread