Dom Hyam - Blackburn bid ? (5 Viewers)

Kilclines curly mullet

Hold out for £3 million and then sell

The defence has been our weakness for the past 2 seasons, needs a refresh

Colin Steins Smile

I would be disappointed to see Hyam sold, but if the club is financially in difficulties then we may be forced to sell.
If we need money now, then the scheduling of payments is really important, so 50% upfront is probably what we might seek for a slightly lower overall fee.

Finham

The only thing that truly ever pisses me off with dom is he holds the ball too long when progressing with it .. I've been very Impressed with his ability to Improve over he 5 seasons , we signed him for the u23 team right ? He's been a big part of our rise, will be a shame to lose him but 2.5-3 mill seems a good deal
He's been one heck of a bargain signing, that's fair to say.

Londonccfcfan

This can't be true, the forum (or rather one or two posters) say he's shit.

He's clearly perfectly capable at this level and one of Robins' first names on the team sheet.

He'd be a big miss, but as with anyone if the fee is right then he'll go.

We have absolutely clueless fans. Some have been vociferous.

Gutted if this is true arguably easily one of most consistant performers ever reliable and touch wood ever present.

Would be a massive hole to fill.

Mcbean

he’s 5 m all
Day long minimum today - Blackburn are looking to go up and they are in our league / let’s try not to piss on our own chips

robbiethemole

well, according to some on here, he's been shit all the time we've had him, so fuck it sell him!!!

Meanwhile, back in the real world, he's not been the worst player ever and does have a few issues, but at this level we've all seen worse and horrendous mistake from other teams defenders.
Will be sad to see him go if he does, but Blackburn??, I mean, come on. I suppose they can offer him treble his wages and it's all about money now. be nice to get £3m and go with our best wishes.

Marty

I'd cash in if it meant we could keep the 'big 4'. Solid enough defender, seems to put in a 6 or 7 out of 10 most weeks, should score more goals. 2.5 mill would be about right imo.

Londonccfcfan

I'd cash in if it meant we could keep the 'big 4'. Solid enough defender, seems to put in a 6 or 7 out of 10 most weeks, should score more goals. 2.5 mill would be about right imo.
How have we gone from having a "big 3" to "big 4" without playing a game?

Hoofhearted

Hopefully it's not true. No where near good enough for us. Not a bad back up option but not for silly money like this.
Oh yes because Blackburn are over run with top class centre Half's aren't they, Ayala is a real star! Think you need to have a word with yourself pal!!
Can't see Dom being keen on becoming Dominic Hyam Diaz either !!

JonesBob

I don't understand. It reads we turned down an offer of 3million for him at the start of the month and now we are accepting 2.5million. 'm not good with money but that sounds crap.
We only see players a couple of hours a week but on the training ground he is one of the main guys. I know he is good friends with Vik and Rose, so that would be a loss. However, at the end of the day we have to balance books and if it means we can keep a few of the big 4 then so be it. Do you think this is why we loaned Doyle? Replacement?

Hertsccfc

Hyam is clearly a good and consistent Championship player, as he has proved over the last two years. Would be a big loss and Rose would need to raise his game a level to replace him.

Would rather lose Hyam than Gyokeres, or O'Hare or Hamer but would still be a big loss.

Hertsccfc

I don't understand. It reads we turned down an offer of 3million for him at the start of the month and now we are accepting 2.5million. 'm not good with money but that sounds crap.
We only see players a couple of hours a week but on the training ground he is one of the main guys. I know he is good friends with Vik and Rose, so that would be a loss. However, at the end of the day we have to balance books and if it means we can keep a few of the big 4 then so be it. Do you think this is why we loaned Doyle? Replacement?
Rose would be the obvious replacement not Doyle. Doyle is cover for Panzo surely.

Grendel

This can't be true, the forum (or rather one or two posters) say he's shit.

He's clearly perfectly capable at this level and one of Robins' first names on the team sheet.

He'd be a big miss, but as with anyone if the fee is right then he'll go.

Yes waghorn is clearly capable at this level which is why we signed him and made him one of our top earners

Liquid Gold

£2.5m wouldn't be bad business for a normal club that would spend £2m on two different replacements.

Going into this compacted season with a backline of Rose (inconsistent) McFadz (ancient) Panzo (unproven) and Doyle (unproven) would be a fucking huge gamble though.

If the rumours of us being so desperate to make a sale are true I can see it happening though.

NorthernWisdom

£2.5m wouldn't be bad business for a normal club that would spend £2m on two different replacements.

Going into this compacted season with a backline of Rose (inconsistent) McFadz (ancient) Panzo (unproven) and Doyle (unproven) would be a fucking huge gamble though.

If the rumours of us being so desperate to make a sale are true I can see it happening though.
It's more Rose is prone to the odd injury or two, and it takes him a while to come back to top form.

Hyam's indestructable... although then again, so was O'Hare!

Reactions: vow

Sick Boy

Sheaf isn't on the levels of the other three yet, and no one is looking likely to pay as much for him as them either. He therefore cannot be in that bracket as things stand.
Yeah I agree but think he’ll go onto have a better career than Hamer in the long term.

Grendel

Yeah I agree but think he’ll go onto have a better career than Hamer in the long term.

Despite the claims we are lucky to have him and we will never see the likes of him again - we will as he’s still here with seemingly one vague interest from Fulham and no one else looking. Amazed we’ve resisted the tide of enquiries

alexccfc99

Middlesbrough just paid the same figure for Matt Clarke who is younger and as good as Hyam if not better so 2.5m would probably seem fair

Users who are viewing this thread