Dogecoin (1 Viewer)

shmmeee

How do you have a state run decentralised network exactly?

D

Deleted member 4439

I didn't quite know what it was all about tbh. Nothing was clear about what they are thinking of doing or exactly how it would deliver cheaper, better transactions. It just seemed like a message to temper the private market. That or, don't worry, we won't let China take over the dollar/US monetary system .

mrtrench

Yeah, but I don't think it matters in the long term if you're buying a good business. Over the medium term, a good business will make profits ahead of inflation (unless it's very mature, in which case it should keep up with inflation and you get a good dividend). If you're selling whilst the Dow is up over 50% in a year as now, whilst strong doubts still remain in the global economy, I'm happy to get back in after a 10%-15% fall, even if it subsequently falls a further 10%-20% - I'm investing for the future, not speculating.

Crypto of course is pure speculation - not so much different to gambling - so that doesn't apply.

D

Deleted member 4439

Another crypto cull this evening. I expect BTC will find support at 25k.

D

Deleted member 4439

Does the eToro platform charge fees like what Coinbase do when you trade?

No, it takes it money via the spread, i.e. difference between the selling and the buying price. The spread size offered on these 'free' platforms tends to be how they make up for lack of fees, though the spreads aren't in all cases greater than on 'fee' platforms. etoro also charges £5 for withdrawls form your account.

CovUpNorth

No, it takes it money via the spread, i.e. difference between the selling and the buying price. The spread size offered on these 'free' platforms tends to be how they make up for lack of fees, though the spreads aren't in all cases greater than on 'fee' platforms. etoro also charges £5 for withdrawls form your account.
I’m already registered with Coinbase, so in regards to trading crypto, there’d be no point switching to eToro do you think??

D

Deleted member 4439

As far as costs go, I don't know chap, as I haven't compared the two (I don't have a coinbase account). But I'd thought that if you wanted access to the hottest line of crypts you'd stick to CB, as etoro's offer is very mainstream. So, for example, folks got into Doge via the likes of CB and Bianance, and it was only when it went mainstream on etoro that it spiked big time.

CovUpNorth

As far as costs go, I don't know chap, as I haven't compared the two (I don't have a coinbase account). But I'd thought that if you wanted access to the hottest line of crypts you'd stick to CB, as etoro's offer is very mainstream. So, for example, folks got into Doge via the likes of CB and Bianance, and it was only when it went mainstream on etoro that it spiked big time.
Yeh good point. Any crypto worth banging some cash on with all these drops in value???

Evo1883

Crypto has gone to pot lately .. my mate who won very a very healthy amount on doge , then invested heavily in several different things that have since gone to pot .

Much like at the bookies , know when to walk away

D

Deleted member 4439

Yeh good point. Any crypto worth banging some cash on with all these drops in value???

I'm not a crypto investor. I'd say that currently it's not the best climate to 'buy the dip' but this could even change next week! That's the nature of the beast. Sorry, not particularly helpful!

CovUpNorth

I'm not a crypto investor. I'd say that currently it's not the best climate to 'buy the dip' but this could even change next week! That's the nature of the beast. Sorry, not particularly helpful!
No that’s fine. Someone on here mentioned ADA being a good investment, that is very cheap at the minute ??

clint van damme

No that’s fine. Someone on here mentioned ADA being a good investment, that is very cheap at the minute ??

it's about $1.55 at the moment, (not that I've been checking every 5 minute!).
You can lock stake ADA and earn interest, but even with that, I tried to stake some on Binance last night and the 90 day option was all taken, though I did manage to stake for 60 days.
I'm pretty new to it and it's a minefield, please take note of the adage 'do not spend what you can't afford to lose'.

CovUpNorth

it's about $1.55 at the moment, (not that I've been checking every 5 minute!).
You can lock stake ADA and earn interest, but even with that, I tried to stake some on Binance last night and the 90 day option was all taken, though I did manage to stake for 60 days.
I'm pretty new to it and it's a minefield, please take note of the adage 'do not spend what you can't afford to lose'.
It is indeed a minefield. Just read a report saying they feel ADA Cardano could be bigger than Facebook and Netflix??

clint van damme

It is indeed a minefield. Just read a report saying they feel ADA Cardano could be bigger than Facebook and Netflix??

they want to be! The fella behind it is Charles Hoskinson who was part of the team behind Ethereum.

Worth looking into the people behind the coin and who their partners are. Each coin also has a white paper, (Doge doesn't and still made shitloads!), worth reading the white paper(s) and getting an idea of the aims of the people behind any coin you're thinking of investing in.
But even with that, it's a minefield, and a very erratic one.

For all the talk of this coin being the next Bitcoin and that one hitting 1k my aim is to hold my three main coins long term until they hit 5 to 8 dollars and then get out, (if they ever do).

CovUpNorth

they want to be! The fella behind it is Charles Hoskinson who was part of the team behind Ethereum.

Worth looking into the people behind the coin and who their partners are. Each coin also has a white paper, (Doge doesn't and still made shitloads!), worth reading the white paper(s) and getting an idea of the aims of the people behind any coin you're thinking of investing in.
But even with that, it's a minefield, and a very erratic one.

For all the talk of this coin being the next Bitcoin and that one hitting 1k my aim is to hold my three main coins long term until they hit 5 to 8 dollars and then get out, (if they ever do).
Who are your main 3 out of interest?

clint van damme

Are they all tipped to do good things then, I know ADA has been??

you'll find someone who will tip most coins. You've just got to do a bit of research and draw your own conclusions the best you can.
Perhaps best to just put a small amount in to start with and get a feel of it.

D

Deleted member 4439

I think doge will need a vet soon, whilst BTC is looking like it's going to be put in a long term care ward.

Evo1883

Mate could have taken another 20 k about a week ago , but is now eating into his own money .

Too stubborn

D

Deleted member 4439

Mate could have taken another 20 k about a week ago , but is now eating into his own money .

Too stubborn

Had a colleague who was many Ks up on Excite Energy. I'd taken profits at 123p (about 100% per cent profit), whilst he held his and watched it go up to 440p, and continued to hold it despite wise counselling, only to see it reduce to pennies. He held it to the death.

Rules 2 and 3 of investing - always leave some profit for the next man, and love your losses.

D

Deleted member 4439

Looks to be finding support. Reckon it might do a small rally, after which its all about any other noise that might come out of the banks etc.

dutchman

He's back! :D

Elon Musk said Monday that he’s working on two fronts that could be read as bullish in the longer term for dogecoin and bitcoin.

On Monday, the Tesla chief executive tweeted that he had spoken to bitcoin BTCUSD, -1.43% miners, and that the community has committed to publishing data on their renewable-energy usage.

Monday’s tweet from Musk comes about two weeks after he halted sales using bitcoin at Tesla TSLA, +4.40% due to what he described as practices that weren’t environmentally sustainable.

“Tesla has suspended vehicle purchases using bitcoin,” Musk posted on Twitter on May 12. “We are concerned about rapidly increasing use of fossil fuels for bitcoin mining and transactions, especially coal, which has the worst emissions of any fuel.”

“Cryptocurrency is a good idea on many levels and we believe it has a promising future, but this cannot come at great cost to the environment,” he continued.

Musk’s tweets in mid-May were one of the reasons that the crypto market has been unsettled of late, market participants have argued; bitcoin has lost more than $360 billion in value since then, for example.

Musk later said that Tesla isn’t selling the company’s bitcoin cache and vowed to accept the cryptocurrency for payment “as soon as mining transitions to more sustainable energy.” Tesla held some $2.5 billion worth of bitcoin as of the end of March, according to public filings.

Meanwhile, dogecoin, the meme asset that was created in 2013 and has minted millionaires due to its stratospheric rise in 2021, was up more than 21% on Monday, changing hands at 36 cents.

The move higher came after Musk solicited help to improve dogecoin DOGEUSD, -2.71%, which is an open-source digital asset that riffs off litecoin LTCUSD, 2.05%, which itself is a fork off bitcoin.

D

Deleted member 4439

More tulips available on etoro

We are excited to announce that a number of new cryptoassets have arrived on the eToro investment platform.​
  • Compound (COMP): Compound is a crypto that encourages investors to place COMP into lending pools and then rewards them with special tokens that can be used to take a loan for other cryptoassets offered by Compound. COMP borrowers can earn as well if their crypto becomes more valuable than whichever coin they used as collateral to borrow against.
  • Aave (AAVE): AAVE is a decentralized finance token that encourages users to invest in the AAVE smart contract. In exchange for the collateral, investors receive interest-earning A-tokens. The unique feature is that users can choose which type of interest is earned based on the needs of their portfolio.
  • Yearn.finance (YFI): Yearn.finance is a collection of decentralized finance programs that utilize the YFI token. Investors can earn rewards on YFI by depositing them in yearn.finance contracts and yield farming to earn more tokens based on how much collateral they initially put up. Yearn.finance’s defi programs aim to locate the best interest rates, fast-track multi-investment trades in a single action, and encourage investors to utilize Vaults to manage their investments in a crypto mutual fund to earn better interest-based rewards.
  • Decentraland (MANA): MANA isn’t just another crypto. It's the key to the first virtual reality world that runs on the Ethereum blockchain. With MANA’s unique opportunity afforded to investors, token-holders have the opportunity to purchase land in a three-dimensional VR environment and establish their own virtual presence shaped in their image. MANA also helps people purchase in-world services and items offered by companies and corporations that invest in the digital landscape.

Gold still edging up ;)

Saddlebrains

I want to get into this. Not flush with cash though.

If i was to stick 50 quid onto one of these cryptocurrencies what would anyone here suggest?

covmark

I want to get into this. Not flush with cash though.

If i was to stick 50 quid onto one of these cryptocurrencies what would anyone here suggest?
I got into Cardano at 1.60 a coin it's now at $3. Not sure how much more of an increase there'll be though. Just wish I'd banged 4k into it instead of 400.

Sent from my SM-G780F using Tapatalk

skyblue1991

I got into Cardano at 1.60 a coin it's now at $3. Not sure how much more of an increase there'll be though. Just wish I'd banged 4k into it instead of 400.

Sent from my SM-G780F using Tapatalk
How did you know to lump £400 on Cardano and not some other random altcoin?

Sent from my I3113 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread