Do you want to discuss boring politics? (46 Viewers)

CCFCSteve

I'm sure the wider Scottish public feel well served by this latest legislation....... I doubt the Scottish police have got anything more pressing to be dealing with....

Crime won't crack itself Ken...

It’s mental. It feels like parts of society continually want to move us towards considering words more harmful than actions. I’m all for doing everything to stop hate speech that incites violence against others but we already have laws to cover this, so the new law just appears to broaden the definition and circumstances.

‘The bar for this offence is lower than for the other protected characteristics, as it also includes "insulting" behaviour, and as the prosecution need only prove that stirring up hatred was "likely" rather than "intended".

I mean WTF ! Not only does this all feel very subjective (very dangerous when it comes to law), you get your house burgled - sorry police too busy….someone said something I don’t like and I think it could stir up hatred - police should investigate 🤷‍♂️. Whatever shitshow we have down here it’s nothing compared to the clowns up there. Bet the police are loving it

shmmeee

It’s mental. It feels like parts of society continually want to move us towards considering words more harmful than actions. I’m all for doing everything to stop hate speech that incites violence against others but we already have laws to cover this, so the new law just appears to broaden the definition and circumstances.

‘The bar for this offence is lower than for the other protected characteristics, as it also includes "insulting" behaviour, and as the prosecution need only prove that stirring up hatred was "likely" rather than "intended".

I mean WTF ! Not only does this all feel very subjective (very dangerous when it comes to law), you get your house burgled - sorry police too busy….someone said something I don’t like and I think it could stir up hatred - police should investigate 🤷‍♂️. Whatever shitshow we have down here it’s nothing compared to the clowns up there. Bet the police are loving it

I don’t get the phrase stirring up hatred. Doesn’t that require some level of thought leadership. If I tweet all Scots are arseholes am I not part of the hatred, maybe even stirred up by someone else, when do I become the stirrer?

wingy

Evo1883

SNP on course to become Scotlands 2nd largest party behind Labour again , 28 seats to 19

This is hugely positive , however we like to spin it , the SNP are just anti English

Last edited:

Brighton Sky Blue

Some chunks of Scotland are very Tory, and they’re already down to the absolute base there.
My wife’s neck of the woods was a funny one for that. Loads of really socially conservative farmers, oil workers and fishermen who voted SNP because they wanted rid of their neighbours. Then the SNP went all in on Remain, so these voters decided they disliked Europe even more than Westminster to the point of switching to the Tories.

20,000+ majority overturned purely on the SNP’s Brexit stance.

Evo1883

The only reason the snp get so many seats is because Labour and the tories votes were split and they won loads of places by a couple hundred or thousand .. now everybody knows collectively the tories are bellends , they will lose plenty as labour will eat up all those tory votes

CCFCSteve

Not sure if this has already been posted elsewhere but as if by magic….

24CC3736-359F-4C67-9AA2-49309487971F.jpeg

Worlds gone mad

skybluetony176

Story breaking regarding Tory MP Will Wragg being catfished on grinder, compromising himself and then being blackmailed into compromising other MP’s including apparently a cabinet minister. Sounds like he’s in trouble and dragged others into it with him. Leicestershire Police involved also for some reason.

Brighton Sky Blue

Story breaking regarding Tory MP Will Wragg being catfished on grinder, compromising himself and then being blackmailed into compromising other MP’s including apparently a cabinet minister. Sounds like he’s in trouble and dragged others into it with him. Leicestershire Police involved also for some reason.
It’s always the ones with funny names

duffer

Wes Streeting once again demonstrating what a little c**t he is

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

It's the classic Tory argument, which should worry anyone who supports Labour.

The truth is that the NHS has been underfunded for a decade or more compared to our peers, and the current problems are a direct result of that.

If you've got a leaky bucket because you've let it rust for 15-20 years, then I suppose you can try to fix it again with some gaffer tape (having tried the same trick over the last decade or two without much success).

Or you could accept that you might need to invest in a better bucket.

Maybe that would be simpler for Streeting etc. to understand himself and explain to Sun readers.

CCFCSteve

Wes Streeting once again demonstrating what a little c**t he is

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

He isn’t wrong though. Look at the additional sums that have been poured in recently yet no obvious benefit to the public. I love the fact is that nhs is free to all and this shouldn’t change but the fact is it employs 1.25m million people yet we have pretty poor results across the board. Why ?

I take Duffers/his articles point about being underfunded for some years but what about since 2019 ? also are Spain and Italys health services far worse than others as they pay way less than us ? Why is Scotland performing worse than England if it’s purely about money ?

Would it be performing better if it had received more funding between 2010 and 2019, no doubt, would it still be having huge issues though, I’d imagine it would. We’re an aging, unhealthy population. The country bangs the drum for more cash and then does nothing to improve its health.

Surely we need to be looking elsewhere as to what’s working well/better and try to make significant improvements ? That should come with additional investment but blindly continuing as things are would be English/British exceptionalism at its worst.

ps I can’t believe it took until last year to have a longer term employment plan for the largest employer in Europe ?!!! I mean ffs. The way it’s run is doing a disservice to all the hard working front line staff

fernandopartridge

He isn’t wrong though. Look at the additional sums that have been poured in recently yet no obvious benefit to the public. I love the fact is that nhs is free to all and this shouldn’t change but the fact is it employs 1.25m million people yet we have pretty poor results across the board. Why ?

I take Duffers/his articles point about being underfunded for some years but what about since 2019 ? also are Spain and Italys health services far worse than others as they pay way less than us ? Why is Scotland performing worse than England if it’s purely about money ?

Would it be performing better if it had received more funding between 2010 and 2019, no doubt, would it still be having huge issues though, I’d imagine it would. We’re an aging, unhealthy population. The country bangs the drum for more cash and then does nothing to improve its health.

Surely we need to be looking elsewhere as to what’s working well/better and try to make significant improvements ? That should come with additional investment but blindly continuing as things are would be English/British exceptionalism at its worst.

ps I can’t believe it took until last year to have a longer term employment plan for the largest employer in Europe ?!!! I mean ffs. The way it’s run is doing a disservice to all the hard working front line staff

They are not additional sums if the pre existing funding settlement was insufficient. It is not additionality to try and close the gap between what a service actually needs and what it gets.

Wesley talks about using the private sector to address waiting lists. Has he even bothered to any research? NHS England put in place the 'increasing capacity' framework two years ago, it's basically a free ticket for the private sector to perform elective operations to provide 'additional capacity'. Why have waiting lists continued to climb?

Brighton Sky Blue

In your view, why has public satisfaction with the NHS plummeted since the Tories took charge of it?

Users who are viewing this thread