Do you want to discuss boring politics? (24 Viewers)

Evo1883

Genuine question ..

When will Labour start trying to appeal to the genuine working class who don't know much about politics ...like me for example

These days they seem to spend half their time appeasing everybody else but their traditional base
They obsess over things most working class people couldn't give a shit about .. and push it all over social media damaging their reputation with the working class .
They also still have absolute weapons like Owen jones and femi attached to their name , again ...who turn off the working class .

I'm confused as to what their purpose is these days as they abstain from basically voting on anything too

Il vote Labour again but you can see why people don't

shmmeee

That's what I a trying to tell him, we don't gain any insight into what come be a close fought battle that either side could win.

It’ll go Tory, but that’s a garbage poll. As I said before were a one party state now. Brexit means cap doffing Dear Leader which useful idiots witter on about Tony Blair and “Keith”.

clint van damme

Genuine question ..

When will Labour start trying to appeal to the genuine working class who don't know much about politics ...like me for example

These days they seem to spend half their time appeasing everybody else but their traditional base
They obsess over things most working class people couldn't give a shit about .. and push it all over social media damaging their reputation with the working class .
They also still have absolute weapons like Owen jones and femi attached to their name , again ...who turn off the working class .

I'm confused as to what their purpose is these days as they abstain from basically voting on anything too

How do the tories appeal to the working class?

shmmeee

Genuine question ..

Probably when people like you understand the difference between the Labour Party and vaguely left wing commentators who spend most of their time writing hilarious tweets to the Labour leadership begging to be taken seriously.

Honestly, go on about left wing bias in the media but you’ve clearly got this skewed view of what Labour are doing because it’s all reported through a right wing lens. Everyone on the left thinks Jones and Femi are arseholes, it’s just they’re dragged up by the right as some kind of representative.

And “oh he abstains all the time” yeah OK, name three third readings he abstained on or accept you’re talking shite fed to you online.

Reactions: PVA

Philosorapter

I think the nub of the problem has been hit here.

Good to see neo-liberalism thriving so well after people rejected it in the EU referendum.

shmmeee

I think the nub of the problem has been hit here.

Good to see neo-liberalism thriving so well after people rejected it in the EU referendum.

Do you know what any of the words you use mean? Fucking blathering on about neoliberalism while supporting this government JFC

Ian1779

Genuine question ..

Do policies like an extensive house building programme and a national living wage for example not appeal to working class people? Or do we just need to do everything wrapped in an Union Flag these days?

Defending ethnic minorities and these kind of policies don’t have to be a either/or you know, but it seems it is that way.

shmmeee

The whole question shows the issue doesn’t it? Never asking the Tories why we should vote for a party that clearly hates the poor of this country, continually mismanaged the economy, deteriorating public services, lie after lie, corrupt as fuck, incompetent as fuck to the tune of over 100k British lives, but yeah Labour tell me why you aren’t appealing?

Absolute joke.

Sorry some of us don’t want a country run by a bunch of inbred toffs just looking to enrich their mates and actually want progress for the average person.

Evo1883

Probably when people like you understand the difference between the Labour Party and vaguely left wing commentators who spend most of their time writing hilarious tweets to the Labour leadership begging to be taken seriously.

Honestly, go on about left wing bias in the media but you’ve clearly got this skewed view of what Labour are doing because it’s all reported through a right wing lens. Everyone on the left thinks Jones and Femi are arseholes, it’s just they’re dragged up by the right as some kind of representative.

And “oh he abstains all the time” yeah OK, name three third readings he abstained on or accept you’re talking shite fed to you online.
People like you for example , turn people off Labour .

You won't see it though

How do the torys appeal to the working class .... by being racist .

😂

shmmeee

People like you for example , turn people off Labour .

You won't see it though

Yeah OK mate. People like me having a frustrated rant on a tiny forum are Labour’s problem. I can totally see how that’s the issue. Let’s ignore the fucking pages I’ve written on here about Labour’s issues.

Why are Tories the default for you? What about them gives them that status? You can’t answer that, just spout some hand crafted bollocks handed to you about Owen fucking Jones and Remainers on QT.

Evo1883

Yeah OK mate. People like me having a frustrated rant on a tiny forum are Labour’s problem. I can totally see how that’s the issue.

Why are Tories the default for you? What about them gives them that status? You can’t answer that, just spout some hand crafted bollocks handed to you about Owen fucking Jones and Remainers on QT.
You've just said the Tories appeal to the working class by being racist ...you are everything that's wrong with the people associated with Labour and part of the very reason why they won't be back in power for many many years ...enjoy it

shmmeee

The racist crack was a joke, but it does feel like everything always ends up back at “why couldn’t Labour just kick the foreigners out like we wanted?” Everything back to Brexit.

Forget thedecades of stagnant wages. Forget the basics other countries get around working conditions. Forget the impending climate disaster. Forget the economy. What about the flags and foreigners?

Ian1779

You've just said the Tories appeal to the working class by being racist ...you are everything that's wrong with the people associated with Labour and part of the very reason why they won't be back in power for many many years ...enjoy it
Give an example of a policy platform where the Tories offer is more appealing to working class voters than the Labour offer.

Just one that isn’t immigration related.

Evo1883

The racist crack was a joke, but it does feel like everything always ends up back at “why couldn’t Labour just kick the foreigners out like we wanted?” Everything back to Brexit.

Forget thedecades of stagnant wages. Forget the basics other countries get around working conditions. Forget the impending climate disaster. Forget the economy. What about the flags and foreigners?

Not arsed ... like I said typical of todays labour followers ..a huge turn off

Evo1883

Give an example of a policy platform where the Tories offer is more appealing to working class voters than the Labour offer.

Just one that isn’t immigration related.
I've already said they don't..People's problems with labour are not about policies ...labour and it's followers are about as likeable as a fart in a bottle of water

shmmeee

Also while I’m on a roll: so what if Labour is supported by a bunch of condescending middle class twats? Have you seen the average Tory? Either straight up racist EDL one way or utter disdain for anyone born without a trust fund the other. Why aren’t they untouchable because of “people like them”?

It’s a load of shit. Most people vote Tory for the feels and because it signals virtues about strength and patriotism and “being independent”, not because they’re better off under them.

Reactions: PVA

Evo1883

Also while I’m on a roll: so what if Labour is supported by a bunch of condescending middle class twats? Have you seen the average Tory? Either straight up racist EDL one way or utter disdain for anyone born without a trust fund the other. Why aren’t they untouchable because of “people like them”?

It’s a load of shit. Most people vote Tory for the feels and because it signals virtues about strength and patriotism and “being independent”, not because they’re better off under them.

Enjoy 30 plus more years of tory rule

shmmeee

Not arsed ... like I said typical of todays labour followers ..a huge turn off

You seem under the impression I’m trying to convince you to vote Labour. I’m not. I’m just pointing out your hypocrisy. You won’t vote Labour, they’re doing exactly what you claim to want and are getting hammered by the left for it right now and you’re still going on about fucking Femi, this Femi:

Evo1883

You seem under the impression I’m trying to convince you to vote Labour. I’m not. I’m just pointing out your hypocrisy. You won’t vote Labour, they’re doing exactly what you claim to want and are getting hammered by the left for it right now and you’re still going on about fucking Femi, this Femi:

You don't need to convinced me , I'm voting Labour.

But they've no chance of winning an election anytime soon ...

All us thickos have been saying it for a long time...you know the thick /racists whose votes they need to win an election

shmmeee

You don't need to convinced me , I'm voting Labour.

But they've no chance of winning an election anytime soon ...

All us thickos have been saying it for a long time

Labour aren’t going to win in 23 or whenever, that was decided in 2019. They’d need a bigger swing than Blair and Starmer ain’t Blair and Johnson ain’t Major.

It’s just incredibly frustrating to watch them first get bollocksed for being too right wing, then too left, then too right and too left at the same time. Leaders too timid, too angry, too Remain, too Brexit, too left, too right, too young, too old.

The problem is Labour need to be perfect and the Tories just need to exist. A bunch of cunts like me on social media aren’t going to change things cos we’re just talking to other cunts (also, this rant aside I like to think I’m fairly clear eyed about Labour’s issues).

Philosorapter

No he's on about how many years of his total life so far

I shit you not, I spoke to a Coventry Labour councillor once who said they joined the Labour Party because of Tony Blair.

Just let that sink in for a minute.

shmmeee

I shit you not, I spoke to a Coventry Labour councillor once who said they joined the Labour Party because of Tony Blair.

Just let that sink in for a minute.

I’m no fan of Blair, but I am a fan of democracy and his government was objectively better on every measure I care about (climate/economy/education) than any other in my lifetime. He’s also done infinitely more than any other Labour leader in my lifetime, because he actually got elected. If Blairism is what gets a Labour government I’d take it. Any Labour government is better than any Conservative government.

Philosorapter

I think pre 2001 Blair was very much liked by many in Britain.

The wars had a huge impact on how people saw him after that , more so the Iraq war

Councillor a decade after 2001. It's pretty shocking.

Evo1883

I’m no fan of Blair, but I am a fan of democracy and his government was objectively better on every measure I care about (climate/economy/education) than any other in my lifetime. He’s also done infinitely more than any other Labour leader in my lifetime, because he actually got elected. If Blairism is what gets a Labour government I’d take it. Any Labour government is better than any Conservative government.
We agree on something then

Users who are viewing this thread