Welcome to Sky Blues Talk!

You're currently viewing the forum as a guest. Join thousands of fellow Coventry City fans today!

Do you want to discuss boring politics? (24 Viewers)

Didn't know where to put this . Thought possibly Things that annoy you and this does ,but I think the solution is a political one .

Must be time for the return of the milk marketing board to introduce a buffer between retailer's and provider's.
This company in particular seems to cull around 30 contracts per annum citing economies of scale location etc.

 
Been canvassed by both Green and Labour council candidates here in the last few days, really not sure which way to vote. Labour nationally have completely pissed me off but don't know much of what either party is like in this neck of the woods.
 
Been canvassed by both Green and Labour council candidates here in the last few days, really not sure which way to vote. Labour nationally have completely pissed me off but don't know much of what either party is like in this neck of the woods.

 
I don't live there.

The word Labour triggers him. Expect a torrent of nonsensical posts and unrelated links and a long look into the deep trauma the Labour Party caused him 30 years ago and why this is relevant to council elections in Brighton.
 
The word Labour triggers him. Expect a torrent of nonsensical posts and unrelated links and a long look into the deep trauma the Labour Party caused him 30 years ago and why this is relevant to council elections in Brighton.

I'm in Leamington. Interesting being in a swing seat because the people running bother to knock on the door. The Labour candidate's argument was 'I'm a Corbynista' and the Green's was 'look at this roundabout we built'
 
I'm in Leamington. Interesting being in a swing seat because the people running bother to knock on the door. The Labour candidate's argument was 'I'm a Corbynista' and the Green's was 'look at this roundabout we built'
WDC is an interesting council, as it's quite collegiate in the way it works.

WCC? Actually they do seem to be relatively OK in terms of working with one another, despite it being Conservative run. Tensions between district and county council and, of course, the district council won't exist in the same form soon...

Also interesting how the Labour candidate described themselves. There are tensions within the party in that area, but I've only ever heard from one perspective...
 
WDC is an interesting council, as it's quite collegiate in the way it works.

WCC? Actually they do seem to be relatively OK in terms of working with one another, despite it being Conservative run. Tensions between district and county council and, of course, the district council won't exist in the same form soon...

Also interesting how the Labour candidate described themselves. There are tensions within the party in that area, but I've only ever heard from one perspective...

I said I was pissed off with Starmer, she seemed adamant he wouldn't be the leader for much longer and that local level wasn't the same. The Green did have specific things the party had done and what they would do if re-elected. Mrs BSB is likely voting Green, I'm undecided.
 
I'm in Leamington. Interesting being in a swing seat because the people running bother to knock on the door. The Labour candidate's argument was 'I'm a Corbynista' and the Green's was 'look at this roundabout we built'
Is or was there any tangible improvement by having the green scheme of improvements to the old housing stock which has been recently pulled?
Either of them looking to introduce something like that , wonder what was behind that thinking?
 
I said I was pissed off with Starmer, she seemed adamant he wouldn't be the leader for much longer and that local level wasn't the same. The Green did have specific things the party had done and what they would do if re-elected. Mrs BSB is likely voting Green, I'm undecided.

Go with whichever looks more likely to keep the Tories out. Looking at a few recent results could be either depending where you are. Anything else is a wasted vote.
 
Go with whichever looks more likely to keep the Tories out. Looking at a few recent results could be either depending where you are. Anything else is a wasted vote.

Labour got 35% of the vote in the ward compared to 56% for the Greens last time, Tories just 7%. Turnout was also the lowest for anywhere in WDC. Either way I vote at least the Tories won't win.
 
Labour got 35% of the vote in the ward compared to 56% for the Greens last time, Tories just 7%. Turnout was also the lowest for anywhere in WDC. Either way I vote at least the Tories won't win.

I guess the only question then is what do you love more: Corbyn or roundabouts?
 
I guess the only question then is what do you love more: Corbyn or roundabouts?

I don't drive, but Corbyn drives me mad. Tough choice. Might give the Lib Dems a pity vote for Ed 'Yoga Master' Davey's sake
 
Local politics is very different I think. Round here where I live the local parish council is staunch Tory and it pains me to say that they generally do a good job, luckily for me they roll out Peter Bone now and again and it reminds me why they are shitheads!

That said, we are voting for brand new councillors for the county seeing as they dissolved all the previously bankrupted Tory councils, so I am hoping we will get a spread of other parties too.. not just more of the ones that ruined the council previously.
 
I said I was pissed off with Starmer, she seemed adamant he wouldn't be the leader for much longer and that local level wasn't the same

If you see her again ask her what they call Coventry Labour in that part of the world :)

Go with whichever looks more likely to keep 'the Tories' out.
 
Last edited:
Labour Party 10 points behind again in the polls.

Starmer also 10 points behind Johnson for best PM.

Could this be Starmer not connecting with Humanity in his Radio 2 interview?

In the Midlands, the figures are a lot worse. Looks like the North is becoming the tip of the Iceberg, and Labour in the Midlands are just shuffling the deckchairs. Scotland has already used the lifeboats.


20pointsahead.PNG




Capture3.PNG

Shouldn't Labour be 20 points ahead by now?
 
Should be, yes. But Johnson can kill thousands of people and get a boost in the polls. It's a strange old country we live in.
 
Should be, yes. But Johnson can kill thousands of people and get a boost in the polls. It's a strange old country we live in.

Unless there are other underlying reasons why people are not voting Labour.
 
I'm sure there are other reasons why people are not voting Labour but it doesn't matter, this prime minister and government are utterly Teflon. They can do what they like.
 
What a shambles and the 'result' of that report is not remotely surprising.

You just know that when they hold an inquiry into the COVID response it will find that we were amazingly well prepared, reacted perfectly, couldn't have done any more, and that Johnson, Hancock and Co did nothing wrong.
 
This question may trigger, but it's actually an honest one. The report made a series of recommendations, has anybody seen a critique of these or know what opponents would like to see instead?
 
This question may trigger, but it's actually an honest one. The report made a series of recommendations, has anybody seen a critique of these or know what opponents would like to see instead?

Possibly the recommendations from the last six race reviews in the last four years?

The main problem with the report is its conclusions don’t match its contents. It continually identifies structural racism in health education and policing then claims it doesn’t exist. It’s shoddy AF.

Also the recommendations in this report are ridiculously fluffy and vague and either recycle stuff that’s been said before or are just generally useless.
 
This question may trigger, but it's actually an honest one. The report made a series of recommendations, has anybody seen a critique of these or know what opponents would like to see instead?
I haven't, so won't make a judgement on the contents, but when they're seemingly randomly popping in sources and stakeholders etc, it doesn't bode well for the veracity of the rest of it. I'm constantly amazed at how senior government bungles the basics of 'research' - it's not just this lot, either, Blair's Iraq dossier springs to mind! - but there are some fundamental principles that they seem to wilfully overlook, and this lot have stepped it up a notch.
 
but when they're seemingly randomly popping in sources and stakeholders etc
The number of people who are listed in the report as having been involved in its creation who have come out and said they've had no input whatsoever raises alarm bells. Why on earth would you list people like that, surely can't have thought they wouldn't get found out.
 
The number of people who are listed in the report as having been involved in its creation who have come out and said they've had no input whatsoever raises alarm bells. Why on earth would you list people like that, surely can't have thought they wouldn't get found out.
They will though. Especially if there’s a Union Jack on the report.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom