Do you want to discuss boring politics? (7 Viewers)

shmmeee

Starmer offers nothing at the moment that will entice the red wall back. He hasn’t even apologised to them for losing them in the first place with his nonsense Brexit agenda.

Just gonna leave this here:

Ian1779

Just gonna leave this here:

It is a small sample, but it may well play out exactly as above in the end.
It was assumption that allowed Labour to ignore the possibility of losing these seats in the first place, and it is equally foolish that they will just return post-Brexit.

It requires more than a ‘under new management’ slogan.

shmmeee

It is a small sample, but it may well play out exactly as above in the end.
It was assumption that allowed Labour to ignore the possibility of losing these seats in the first place, and it is equally foolish that they will just return post-Brexit.

It requires more than a ‘under new management’ slogan.

But you claimed it wasn’t happening at all. And yet the evidence suggests it’s starting to happen.

Corbyn trashed the party reputation. It was always going to take a while to rehabilitate. But signs are positive.

Ian1779

But you claimed it wasn’t happening at all. And yet the evidence suggests it’s starting to happen.

Corbyn trashed the party reputation. It was always going to take a while to rehabilitate. But signs are positive.
No I claimed Starmer wasn’t doing anything - and I still think that’s the case. Cov-ID has taken centre stage and the government’s disastrous handling has pushed people back to Labour.

And while you may have a point about Labour’s reputation being trashed, Starmer was front and centre in facilitating it - especially in the Northern seats.

shmmeee

No I claimed Starmer wasn’t doing anything - and I still think that’s the case. Cov-ID has taken centre stage and the government’s disastrous handling has pushed people back to Labour.

And while you may have a point about Labour’s reputation being trashed, Starmer was front and centre in facilitating it - especially in the Northern seats.

Brexit voters had left long before the 2019 GE and were put off mostly by Corbyns lack of patriotism. But even by your metrics, Starmer has:

- Tackled AS
- Made the party more explicitly patriotic
- Come across as competent
- Repeatedly said Brexit is settled

Those alone will go a long way. *as shown in the Polling!!*

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

If someone's digging a massive hole for themselves it's sometimes best to just sit back and let them get on with it and let people focus on them rather than grab a shovel yourself and start digging next to them so you get some of that attention too.

Con's did almost nothing last election other than repeat Get Brexit Done. The rest of the time they pretty much just left Labour to get on with destroying itself over the issue/anti-semitism and it worked brilliantly. Johnson hid in a fridge and avoided debates/interviews. Why work hard to win and possibly fuck up when you can rely on the other side to lose it.

Besides it's not like we're nearing an election right now so you can attack all you want and get the polls massively in your favour now but that won't count for shit in four years time.

clint van damme

I didn't know they had a leader called Dick Braine, this has really cheered me up today. Cheers UKIP. Never thought I'd be saying that.

After this and the four seasons gardening centre debacle I'm.expecti g politicians to provide light relief at least twice a week from here in in.

It's the least they can do as they seem to have an a dual aptitude for hilarity while not been any good at actually running things

Skybluefaz

After this and the four seasons gardening centre debacle I'm.expecti g politicians to provide light relief at least twice a week from here in in.

It's the least they can do as they seem to have an a dual aptitude for hilarity while not been any good at actually running things
Excellent. Trying to think of other potential leaders.

- Ray Sist
- Frances A. Cesspit
- Les Blacks
- The Coventrian
- Emma Grant-Scum

Sorry this was for boring politics

skybluetony176

Some talk that without Cummings the government is going to become a rudderless ship. I mean, fucking hell. The only effective use of the rudder in the last year is to perform u turns, aside from that it’s the epitome of a rudderless ship. Maybe Tories should think before they open their mouths with that. If things are going to get more chaotic in government than they already are god help us. Just a quick reminder that these are the same people that sold you Brexit.

shmmeee

Rats leaving a sinking ship. Will be interesting to see if Johnson can turn it back around to liberal buffoon with the voters he’s cultivated. Wouldn’t be surprised if he did TBH.

1nilandwe...

Rats leaving a sinking ship. Will be interesting to see if Johnson can turn it back around to liberal buffoon with the voters he’s cultivated. Wouldn’t be surprised if he did TBH.
Stolen from somebody else, but this does a disservice to rats, who by and large play no part in the sinking of their ship.

CCFCSteve

Can only be a measure of how much Cummings was running things.

To be fair to Cummings I’d keep Hancock away from any tv appearances as well !!! (The boycott was just churlish though)

Ps rumours of a cabinet reshuffle in Jan with Hancock and Williamson potentially being moved/removed. Would be a wise !

Users who are viewing this thread