Do you want to discuss boring politics? (9 Viewers)

skybluetony176

It’s bad enough that we live in a world where men have to be told not to hit women but to label that virtue signalling is something else.

Last edited:

skybluetony176

Bastards. Not buying gilette again if they won't let me go around harassing and bullying.

Not like it used to be in the old days, when a quick grope was all the rage! I fear I'm losing my country, it's not the country I recognise when such things are frowned upon:mad:
The irony is that a lot of the blokes you hear getting upset about Gillette’s messaging use the same messaging to beat ethnic minorities with, especially if they’re Muslims.

Ian1779

Most people that have some kind of sense do not think allowing our borders to have no control is a good thing. That isn't minor. Just because you think uncontrolled immigration is fine, and we all live in a fairytale utopia with armies of doctors and architects arriving in dinghies, doesn't mean most people agree with you.

I don’t know why you continue to say this when it’s so full of falsehoods and nonsense.

1. Uncontrolled immigration is a failure of the present government, who last time I’d checked have been in power for 10 years. You could argue that towards the end of the last Labour government it started to escalate, but Priti showing up in Dover to do a shit double act with Nigel neglects the fact they’ve had 10 years to get a handle on this and done nothing. It’s a recurring theme in everything they do - but luckily for you the same people will sort Brexit out so you’ll be pleased with their ability to execute a plan.

2. This bullshit narrative about ‘lefties’ wanting uncontrolled immigration, is just made up rubbish you’ve pulled straight from the Daily Mail. Using the Coronavirus pandemic as a single example, it was the ‘lefties’ that suggested shutting borders would be an effective method to curtail the influx of the virus, only to hear from the right-wing government that it wasn’t worth it as it had already been brought here so let people come in unchecked as they pleased. Another spectacular failing that was championed as a masterstroke by the ‘righties’ on here. Lefties might be more compassionate, or maybe it’s the fact the lefties can understand the difference between an illegal immigrant, a refugee or an asylum seeker. You righties don’t seem to be able to distinguish... or maybe don’t want to as it’s easier to lump everyone in as the same to suit your narrative.

3. What’s even funnier is listening to right leaning people going on about ‘All Lives Matter’ as some kind of alternative stance to the Black Lives Matter movement - but that seems to not include anyone in a dinghy. If any part of the political of the political spectrum is full of woke snowflakes it’s the right.
It’s only the right that get so triggered by any kind of criticism of this country - ‘you must hate the country then’
It’s only the right that get upset about people talking about Black lives matter - ‘what about all lives matter’

The only reason all the righties have jumped off the Coronavirus or George Floyd thread is that they know their weak arguments are so flawed and absent of fact (and not to mention compassion) that they have simply nothing to say anymore. Dom can’t even bring himself to post on the Coronavirus thread because his idol Boris has fucked up so badly.

skybluetony176

I don’t know why you continue to say this when it’s so full of falsehoods and nonsense.

1. Uncontrolled immigration is a failure of the present government, who last time I’d checked have been in power for 10 years. You could argue that towards the end of the last Labour government it started to escalate, but Priti showing up in Dover to do a shit double act with Nigel neglects the fact they’ve had 10 years to get a handle on this and done nothing. It’s a recurring theme in everything they do - but luckily for you the same people will sort Brexit out so you’ll be pleased with their ability to execute a plan.

2. This bullshit narrative about ‘lefties’ wanting uncontrolled immigration, is just made up rubbish you’ve pulled straight from the Daily Mail. Using the Coronavirus pandemic as a single example, it was the ‘lefties’ that suggested shutting borders would be an effective method to curtail the influx of the virus, only to hear from the right-wing government that it wasn’t worth it as it had already been brought here so let people come in unchecked as they pleased. Another spectacular failing that was championed as a masterstroke by the ‘righties’ on here. Lefties might be more compassionate, or maybe it’s the fact the lefties can understand the difference between an illegal immigrant, a refugee or an asylum seeker. You righties don’t seem to be able to distinguish... or maybe don’t want to as it’s easier to lump everyone in as the same to suit your narrative.

3. What’s even funnier is listening to right leaning people going on about ‘All Lives Matter’ as some kind of alternative stance to the Black Lives Matter movement - but that seems to not include anyone in a dinghy. If any part of the political of the political spectrum is full of woke snowflakes it’s the right.
It’s only the right that get so triggered by any kind of criticism of this country - ‘you must hate the country then’
It’s only the right that get upset about people talking about Black lives matter - ‘what about all lives matter’

The only reason all the righties have jumped off the Coronavirus or George Floyd thread is that they know their weak arguments are so flawed and absent of fact (and not to mention compassion) that they have simply nothing to say anymore. Dom can’t even bring himself to post on the Coronavirus thread because his idol Boris has fucked up so badly.
I don’t think that the Tories has even bothered to do a white paper on immigration in those 10 years other than one a couple of years ago on freedom of movement following Brexit. As far as I know the last white paper on asylum seekers and illegal immigration was under the last labour government and they acted on its recommendations. If those recommendations are now outdated for whatever reason then that’s a failure of the party that’s been in power for the last 10 years.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

It is now at a point where you'd be amazed if this govt actually managed to do anything correctly. I really can't think of any government that has been so incompetent and amateurish. But then it accurately reflects their leader.

Everything they touch turns to shit. The Sadim touch.

Ian1779

Right on schedule - the Tory printed mouthpiece blames someone else rather than the Government....

shmmeee

How the fuck do OfQual know what’s high for a student?

Head on the radio was saying they were very careful to stay in the range of their three year average. Still got downgraded.

OfQual have totally fucked this up, and the next Tory I hear blathering on about unearned qualifications after coasting into Parliament on daddy’s money gets a throatpunch.

David O'Day

How the fuck do OfQual know what’s high for a student?

Head on the radio was saying they were very careful to stay in the range of their three year average. Still got downgraded.

OfQual have totally fucked this up, and the next Tory I hear blathering on about unearned qualifications after coasting into Parliament on daddy’s money gets a throatpunch.

Oh if Gavin Williamson talks about the risk of people being promoted beyond their ability again we're going to need a new irony meeting/

wingy

ER?
Criminal gang.
Why stop there , Terrorists!!
Such hyperbole bandied around.
Hardly surprising given the direction of travel.

wingy

That poisoning in Russia,a tad handy for a Western Gov't trying to prevent the completion of a pipeline carrying gas from Russia to Germany?🤔

skybluetony176

I’m reading online that the government last night voted down the first recommendations from the Grenfell enquiry. Can’t see anything from the media but, ooo look a dingy.

David O'Day

Been addressed by Jenrick.
Simply discussing and taking view's of stakeholders .
Labour are reprehensible for politicising the matter.

What? Jenrick was talking utter fucking bollocks.

If politicising you mean trying to make the government actually stick their promises then yeah they are fucking reprehsible.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I’m reading online that the government last night voted down the first recommendations from the Grenfell enquiry. Can’t see anything from the media but, ooo look a dingy.

As I've said before - look at the way they vote not the words they say.

We value the nurses and NHS staff - vote down pay rises for them
We won't put the NHS up for sale - vote down something that would enshrine that commitment into law.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

That poisoning in Russia,a tad handy for a Western Gov't trying to prevent the completion of a pipeline carrying gas from Russia to Germany?🤔

Also handy for a pyschopath leader who doesn't like any criticism or opposition who doesn't give a fuck what the rest of the world thinks because he has almost total domination of the image portrayed of him in his country.

wingy

Well we have had issues with infrastructure projects going on for
15-20 yrs now .
Maybe if we wait for HS2 to be completed part of expertise and workforce will be available to have a go at some serious DIY.
What an absolute failure our energy policy has become?
Planning 25 yrs ahead .

Wonder where all the power for the empty carriages will come from? :poop: :poop:

Hitachi Set to Exit U.K. Nuclear Power Project, Reports Say
Bloomberg ENG 15/09/2020 07:34
ab91674d-2bc5-35b2-898c-ca8ccd9bc0b5-1280x853.jpg

(Bloomberg) — Hitachi Ltd. is poised to withdraw from a proposed U.K. nuclear power plant, according to Japan’s Mainichi newspaper, the latest blow to the troubled project and the nation’s effort to replace its aging atomic fleet.

Hitachi’s board will decide as soon as Wednesday to exit the Wylfa nuclear power project in Wales, Mainichi reported, citing an unidentified person. Work was suspended on the 20 billion-pound ($26 billion) project in January 2019 after failing to reach a financing agreement with the U.K. government and the Japanese firm recently concluded it was impossible to restart work, according to Mainichi.

Over 60s Are Releasing Up To £100,000 Tax-Free Cash From Their Home
Ad Everyday Finance
eyJpdSI6IjllMjE5ODZhZmZlYjA0MTBlOTMxNThmYzA3OTRmOTc0OTk3ZGYwY2IwNjlmMjA4NDkyNDAwOTg1MmM0MDZmYjAiLCJ3Ijo0NTAsImgiOjMwMCwiZCI6MS4wLCJjcyI6MCwiZiI6MH0.jpg
A Tokyo-based spokesman for Hitachi said Tuesday that the company is exploring multiple options and nothing has been decided yet. Horizon Nuclear Power Ltd., Hitachi’s subsidiary developing the project, declined to comment.

The U.K. government had put nuclear at the heart of its effort to attract billions of pounds of investment in new power plants and create thousands of jobs but has hit several hurdles. How to finance these hugely expensive pieces of infrastructure remains the biggest unanswered question as well as how much involvement Britain wants from foreign investors.

France’s Electricite de France SA is the only company currently building new nuclear plants in Britain and it is waiting to hear from the government how it can help finance its second new station — Sizewell C.

Read more about Britain’s uncertain nuclear future here

Prospects for the Wylfa plant were looking slightly better last month when Horizon said it was engaged with the U.K. government on reviving the project. The government is expected to give some communication on how it will finance new nuclear projects in its energy white paper next month.

Hitachi will be informing the U.K. government of its decision to leave the project as soon as Tuesday, according to Japanese broadcaster TV Asahi.

The Japanese company had been maintaining a small staff at Horizon and continued to push for planning permission after the government began reviewing a “regulated asset base” funding model, which curbs construction risk for developers by having consumers pay upfront for a new plant through their energy bills.

Planned U.K. nuclear power projects located at Wylfa, Oldbury and Moorside have been suspended since Hitachi and Toshiba Corp. were unable to secure private financing or partnerships. Over the last decade, Japan’s manufacturers scooped up nuclear projects around the world in a bid to supply their own reactor technology and support fledgling sales, but the risk of rising costs, safety concerns and stiffer competition from other energy sources has led to nearly all being scrapped.

Hitachi bought Horizon from Germany’s two largest utilities for 697 million pounds ($894 million) in 2012 with the backing of the U.K. government.

(Adds Horizon comment in third paragraph)

For more articles like this, please visit us at bloomberg.com

©2020 Bloomberg L.P.

Content provided by SQUIDRecommended

jimmyhillsfanclub

I was watching Kestrels hunting at Wylfa just a couple weeks ago whist having my bike-ride picnic.....I was about 20 yards out of shot to the right. Fantastic coastline around there & great bike riding country.

Users who are viewing this thread