Do you want to discuss boring politics? (17 Viewers)

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

lol- have you read the articles & facts? You really should.

That isn't an argument.

The company lost a lot of money because people won't swallow the narrative they put out about men. Yes, people are shaving less, but to pretend that this 8 billion drop also had nothing to do with the advert is delusional.

You said their sales went up. What next? You gonna try and tell us water isn't wet?

Ring Of Steel

That isn't an argument.

The company lost a lot of money because people won't swallow the narrative they put out about men. Yes, people are shaving less, but to pretend that this 8 billion drop also had nothing to do with the advert is delusional.

You said their sales went up. What next? You gonna try and tell us water isn't wet?

So you are saying that all their issues were connected to that advert?

You sure about that? Keep reading up, you'll get there- hint, you might want to start with total market size compared to previous years & Gillette's share of it :)

Ring Of Steel

Have you been smoking weed?

Declining industry size, lower prices, increased competition, significant currency devaluation.. however brand awareness through the roof via that ad which also held sales up, and as a result the writedown had no effect on share price which went up to its highest ever directly after the announcement. In other words zero negative impact of the ad whatsoever, which actually helped to offset the other industry factors. The only people who see a problem appear to be people such as your good self, frothing away about "virtue signalling from the woke left", but in turn that just raised focus on the brand so either way they win. Does say a lot about you that you took such huge offence to the message, but then it does fit with the person you seem to be.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Declining industry size, lower prices, increased competition, significant currency devaluation.. however brand awareness through the roof via that ad which also held sales up, and as a result the writedown had no effect on share price which went up to its highest ever directly after the announcement. In other words zero negative impact of the ad whatsoever, which actually helped to offset the other industry factors. The only people who see a problem appear to be people such as your good self, frothing away about "virtue signalling from the woke left", but in turn that just raised focus on the brand so either way they win. Does say a lot about you that you took such huge offence to the message, but then it does fit with the person you seem to be.

Their sales dropped, none of what you say makes any sense. People didn't just suddenly stop shaving after their adverts, it has been a gradual decline. So if that is the reason, why did their sales take such a sudden nose dive during this downward trend? Perhaps it was a certain advertising campaign?

You aren't making any sense at all, and you can see the desperation in your post by the fact you have to try and get personal about it. Mind you, I would be clutching at straws if I had come out and tried to make out that their sales had risen.

shmmeee

Their sales dropped, none of what you say makes any sense. People didn't just suddenly stop shaving after their adverts, it has been a gradual decline. So if that is the reason, why did their sales take such a sudden nose dive during this downward trend? Perhaps it was a certain advertising campaign?

You aren't making any sense at all, and you can see the desperation in your post by the fact you have to try and get personal about it. Mind you, I would be clutching at straws if I had come out and tried to make out that their sales had risen.

No you're the one desperate and clutching at straws.

Here, written before the ad released, a piece on the pressures facing Gillette: The absurd quest to make the "best" razor

Notice it says Gillette had 57% market share in 2018. Notice also it mentions challenger brands like Dollar Shave eating into it's market and changing consumer habits around beards and general attitudes to being clean shaven affecting the entire industry.

So what was the impact on the market share? Let's look at a P&G's financial statement 2019, the one you're getting so worked up about being $8bn down: https://www.annualreports.com/HostedData/AnnualReports/PDF/NYSE_PG_2019.pdf

" Grooming: We compete in shave care and appliances. In shave care, we are the global market leader in the blades and razors market. Our global blades and razors market share is over 60%, primarily behind the Gillette franchise, including our Fusion, Mach3, Prestobarba and Venus brands. "

So virtually no impact on market share then.

As with the left wing variety, right wing cancel culture and virtue signalling is mostly the preserve of a few very online, very loud, people that bear no relation to the real world.

wingy

Don't know about any ins and outs but when the kit needs to be security tagged then you've got an easily identified problem .
Utter gash 5 bladed shit you get a couple of shaves out of

I can get in 4 double bladed WS disposables that each give me 3-4 shaves for a£2per pack of 4-5 .
While the latter can pose an issue around the adams apple region at least a shave comes in at less than 20p ,as opposed to a £or two .

shmmeee

Don't know about any ins and outs but when the kit needs to be security tagged then you've got an easily identified problem .
Utter gash 5 bladed shit you get a couple of shaves out of

I can get in 4 double bladed WS disposables that each give me 3-4 shaves for a£2per pack of 4-5 .
While the latter can pose an issue around the adams apple region at least a shave comes in at less than 20p ,as opposed to a £or two .

Before I grew a beard, I switched to old style razor blades, the difference in price is ridiculous and you feel like an old school badass. Got a badger hair brush and everything. I feel like peak 'fancy expensive blades' was a few years ago.

The economics is so old that the entire model is named 'the razor blade model', you see it in printers and videogames consoles too.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

No you're the one desperate and clutching at straws.

Here, written before the ad released, a piece on the pressures facing Gillette: The absurd quest to make the "best" razor

Notice it says Gillette had 57% market share in 2018. Notice also it mentions challenger brands like Dollar Shave eating into it's market and changing consumer habits around beards and general attitudes to being clean shaven affecting the entire industry.

So what was the impact on the market share? Let's look at a P&G's financial statement 2019, the one you're getting so worked up about being $8bn down: https://www.annualreports.com/HostedData/AnnualReports/PDF/NYSE_PG_2019.pdf

" Grooming: We compete in shave care and appliances. In shave care, we are the global market leader in the blades and razors market. Our global blades and razors market share is over 60%, primarily behind the Gillette franchise, including our Fusion, Mach3, Prestobarba and Venus brands. "

So virtually no impact on market share then.

As with the left wing variety, right wing cancel culture and virtue signalling is mostly the preserve of a few very online, very loud, people that bear no relation to the real world.

Your response doesn't make any sense. That doesn't explain how Gillette as a brand had a downward curve of sales directly after their advertising campaign. It is more smoke and mirrors. The parent company Proctor & Gamble is different animal.

If you google 'gillette sales down after commercial' - you will find article after article, resource after resource (apart from CNN and The Independent obviously) which will explain the situation and the figures. You can even pull the sales figures directly from the company itself and analyse them for yourself.

There is no question that their sales did not improve as a result of the campaign. As much as many of you on here don't like it, most normal thinking people reject corporate companies (such as B&J's who ironically have a pretty bad history when it comes to their products) lecturing them on political issues.

'OMG B&J's said we should all have open borders, quick get me a chocolate fudge brownie tub'.

It's really sad.

Ring Of Steel

Why do I care about Gillette sales, I use an Edwin Jagger- way better and a fraction of the cost in the long run :p

Anyway I just told you the reasons, which can easily be found on any reputable source which addressed & analysed P&G's results, of which Gillette are a material amount, in a rapidly changing market.

You, yet again, are getting massively oversensitive & triggered by something trivial, you see minor things as the "woke", "virtue signalling" "left" trying to insult you, no matter how worthy the message might be and how minor the issue is. Then when the usual happens and you end up getting taken to pieces and/or ignored, you will inevitably "claim victory"- which is funny actually, but you have a very fucked up view of the world.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Why do I care about Gillette sales, I use an Edwin Jagger- way better and a fraction of the cost in the long run :p

Anyway I just told you the reasons, which can easily be found on any reputable source which addressed & analysed P&G's results, of which Gillette are a material amount, in a rapidly changing market.

You, yet again, are getting massively oversensitive & triggered by something trivial, you see minor things as the "woke", "virtue signalling" "left" trying to insult you, no matter how worthy the message might be and how minor the issue is. Then when the usual happens and you end up getting taken to pieces and/or ignored, you will inevitably "claim victory"- which is funny actually, but you have a very fucked up view of the world.

You are getting personal again, because you don't have any argument.

Let me explain simply, even if a parent company makes money, there are still assets within that which will be operating as more profitable than others. A quick look into it will show you that in this circumstance, Gillette were the ones making the profits smaller, and that funilly enough didn't just coincide with a growing trend of less people shaving, but also a massive cliff dive after a certain advertising campaing.

Most people that have some kind of sense do not think allowing our borders to have no control is a good thing. That isn't minor. Just because you think uncontrolled immigration is fine, and we all live in a fairytale utopia with armies of doctors and architects arriving in dinghies, doesn't mean most people agree with you.

The only point I raised was that it wouldn't surprise me if B&J's profits fell as a result of them getting involved in this. If more people cannot handle my view point and want to call me racist, or even suggest my view is fucked up, they are very well welcome to wrap themselves in cotton wool and block me too. It just says more about them than me.

hill83

It just says more about them than me.

No it doesn’t

Plus the majority of your last post it made up nonsense as usual. You are boring.

I’ve missed absolutely nothing of worth.

Why don’t you nip off on holiday again then blame your boss about it or something.

SBT

If you google 'gillette sales down after commercial' - you will find article after article, resource after resource (apart from CNN and The Independent obviously) which will explain the situation and the figures.

Why not CNN? Their article actually quotes the CFO, who says sales didn't really change much after the advert. I don't see any other news stories with any evidence of sales taking a hit.

Anyway, the idea that P&G could take an $8 billion charge because of one ad campaign is insane. The only place that even ties the two together is Wikipedia - you didn't happen to use that as your source, did you?

Ring Of Steel

You are getting personal again, because you don't have any argument.

Let me explain simply, even if a parent company makes money, there are still assets within that which will be operating as more profitable than others. A quick look into it will show you that in this circumstance, Gillette were the ones making the profits smaller, and that funilly enough didn't just coincide with a growing trend of less people shaving, but also a massive cliff dive after a certain advertising campaing.

Most people that have some kind of sense do not think allowing our borders to have no control is a good thing. That isn't minor. Just because you think uncontrolled immigration is fine, and we all live in a fairytale utopia with armies of doctors and architects arriving in dinghies, doesn't mean most people agree with you.

The only point I raised was that it wouldn't surprise me if B&J's profits fell as a result of them getting involved in this. If more people cannot handle my view point and want to call me racist, or even suggest my view is fucked up, they are very well welcome to wrap themselves in cotton wool and block me too. It just says more about them than me.

What has Gillette got to do with uncontrolled borders? You're obsessed, its very unpleasant. Anyway, where are these figures you are using for your expert analysis, which seems to have revealed things that the P&G 10-K, quarterly reports & analysts reports have all missed.

Ring Of Steel

Gillette the best a man can get (unless you are a bit of tit then you fuck off to wilkinson sword)

I used to have a CCFC Wilkinson Sword razor, in the days when we had loads of totally random stuff in the club shop. It was crap, but it had the badge so I put up with it.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I’m sure they sell to non bigots too, every shaving brand slumped the last few years, everyone’s got beards.

You didn’t strike me as a cancel culture fan anyway.

Masterplan. Hipsters and millenials growing beards so go for an ad that would appeal to their woke principles so they start shaving again.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Used to hit my wife... thank God the Gilette ad showed me the error of my ways. Absolute pile of shit. Some of you really do eat up this bollocks.

Classic response.

You thought the advert was virtue signalling bollocks so that makes you a woman beater.

Are you ok to leave the house without having a panic attack? Jesus christ.

The advert was predominantly about sexual harassment of women with cat-calling etc and bullying.

Fact you've gone for it talking about wife beating....

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I think I've missed an advert.

Anyway, from what I read here, somebody can pick me up if I've got the description wrong. An advert says hitting women is wrong, being a caring bloke who actively says that is a good thing to be. Is that about the gist of the advert?

It mainly mentions about harassment of women and bullying.

NorthernWisdom

It mainly mentions about harassment of women and bullying.
Bastards. Not buying gilette again if they won't let me go around harassing and bullying.

Not like it used to be in the old days, when a quick grope was all the rage! I fear I'm losing my country, it's not the country I recognise when such things are frowned upon:mad:

Ring Of Steel

Bastards. Not buying gilette again if they won't let me go around harassing and bullying.

Not like it used to be in the old days, when a quick grope was all the rage! I fear I'm losing my country, it's not the country I recognise when such things are frowned upon:mad:

Bet Greta Thurnberg had something to do with it

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

No it doesn’t

Plus the majority of your last post it made up nonsense as usual. You are boring.

I’ve missed absolutely nothing of worth.

Why don’t you nip off on holiday again then blame your boss about it or something.

Made up nonsense because it doesn't fit your point of view?

Why do you think it is the same 6 or 7 people on these threads? Everyone's had enough of the annoying echo chamber they left.

You called me racist and think you can get away with it unchallenged because of our difference in ethnicity. Failing to produce any evidence whatsoever.

Again, it says more about you than me when it is you being the divisive one.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Why not CNN? Their article actually quotes the CFO, who says sales didn't really change much after the advert. I don't see any other news stories with any evidence of sales taking a hit.

Anyway, the idea that P&G could take an $8 billion charge because of one ad campaign is insane. The only place that even ties the two together is Wikipedia - you didn't happen to use that as your source, did you?

Again, framing it to fit your narrative. I said the 8 billion drop was not down to one reason but with the timing of the ad campaign, it would take a special kind of blinkers not to be able to draw the dots.

People quote the Daily Mail and the likes of you go mad, CNN which is trash in the other direction is obviously fine though.

If you want to know why left wing politics keeps been getting obliterated, look on this thread.

hill83

Also, it’s nothing to do with our different ethnicities. I don’t think I can get away with it unchallenged. But there is isn’t a challenge it’s there clear as day. Plus it’s not just me saying it.

So again made up

Last edited:

Ring Of Steel

Again, framing it to fit your narrative. I said the 8 billion drop was not down to one reason but with the timing of the ad campaign, it would take a special kind of blinkers not to be able to draw the dots.

People quote the Daily Mail and the likes of you go mad, CNN which is trash in the other direction is obviously fine though.

If you want to know why left wing politics keeps been getting obliterated, look on this thread.

stop making things up, you said this: “the company lost a lot of money because people won't swallow the narrative they put out about men”. You’re lying again.

SBT

The $8 billion writedown had nothing to do with the ad campaign. You tried to claim that it did, possibly because you read about it on Wikipedia, but so far the only evidence you've given me is a Reuters link which doesn't mention the advert at all. Hard for me to connect the dots when you give me a blank page.

As for my own evidence - complain all you like about CNN being trash compared to the Daily Mail, I'm not here to argue that, but all they did was quote the CFO. You say that evidence to the contrary is everywhere on Google, but I didn't see anything when I checked, so please post what I'm missing and you can set me right.

Users who are viewing this thread