Do you want to discuss boring politics? (20 Viewers)

hill83

Used to hit my wife... thank God the Gilette ad showed me the error of my ways. Absolute pile of shit. Some of you really do eat up this bollocks.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

There’s nothing to eat up. It is a load of nonsense but getting upset about it is hilarious.

TomRad85

There’s nothing to eat up. It is a load of nonsense but getting upset about it is hilarious.
I agree, but praising it is equally hilarious. It was absolute toss.

Ring Of Steel

I agree, but praising it is equally hilarious. It was absolute toss.

Nope, it was superb. Sales increased after the advert, the whole world was talking about them. If you can't see that controversy, attention & a huge spotlight helps brands then you're missing the point totally. All the silly outrage & anger is just that- silly, it was the exact reaction they wanted, you couldn't get better publicity and advertising. They even say themselves they wanted to have something which got people talking in a big way, as they were being hit by the rise of beards & cheaper competition.

David O'Day

T
Used to hit my wife... thank God the Gilette ad showed me the error of my ways. Absolute pile of shit. Some of you really do eat up this bollocks.

Tracksuit tom with a thick as fuck take on things yet again.

TomRad85

Nope, it was superb. Sales increased after the advert, the whole world was talking about them. If you can't see that controversy, attention & a huge spotlight helps brands then you're missing the point totally. All the silly outrage & anger is just that- silly, it was the exact reaction they wanted, you couldn't get better publicity and advertising. They even say themselves they wanted to have something which got people talking in a big way, as they were being hit by the rise of beards & cheaper competition.
I understand all publicity is good publicity, unless you are Prince Andrew. But the advert was not excellent, it was condescending tripe... most people know what it and isn't acceptable and those that don't won't have their minds changed by an advert from a Razor Blade company.
Also I see nothing to suggest sales went up, articles seem to suggest they stayed roughly the same.

Ring Of Steel

I understand all publicity is good publicity, unless you are Prince Andrew. But the advert was not excellent, it was condescending tripe... most people know what it and isn't acceptable and those that don't won't have their minds changed by an advert from a Razor Blade company.
Also I see nothing to suggest sales went up, articles seem to suggest they stayed roughly the same.

Try looking at the right sources, sales went up. Is it really worth getting so het up about? It clearly seriously bothers ESB and yourself.

TomRad85

Try looking at the right sources, sales went up. Is it really worth getting so het up about? It clearly seriously bothers ESB and yourself.
It doesn't bother me in the slightest, I saw it once, thought it was rubbish. I still buy Gillette Razors...
I just saw you guys chatting like it somehow groundbreaking when in fact, its rubbish, so thought I'd chime in.

Ian1779

Do you get this angry about Vegan burgers and bags for life?

Ring Of Steel

I think I've missed an advert.

Anyway, from what I read here, somebody can pick me up if I've got the description wrong. An advert says hitting women is wrong, being a caring bloke who actively says that is a good thing to be. Is that about the gist of the advert?

Pretty much, and certain people really don't like it as you can see from the responses. Most people didn't really give a toss either way, it was an advert, but there was a lot of "outrage" and a veritable onslaught of people using terms like "woke" and "virtue signalling".

And yeah- Nathan Barley is about right, I had to google it though :)

wingy

Tbf like Tampons it's overpriced.

TomRad85

Pretty much, and certain people really don't like it as you can see from the responses. Most people didn't really give a toss either way, it was an advert, but there was a lot of "outrage" and a veritable onslaught of people using terms like "woke" and "virtue signalling".

And yeah- Nathan Barley is about right, I had to google it though :)
For the record I never used either of those terms, neither am I angry. I just don't agree that the advert is excellent, I think its shit and its clearly upset the usual suspects, as well as drawing out a quick insult from the all knowing David O'Day.
I'll leave you be.

shmmeee

I'm pretty sure their sales slumped. Bizarre move shitting all over their own customer base.

I’m sure they sell to non bigots too, every shaving brand slumped the last few years, everyone’s got beards.

You didn’t strike me as a cancel culture fan anyway.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Sales increased? What world do you live in.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

So just support c***ish behaviour because of the effect it'll have on your bottom line? If you had a problem with the Gillette ad is says more about you than them. If you don't partake in or accept the behaviour they're decrying in that ad you've got no problem with it because it's not calling you out.

Loads of businesses lost out from ending slavery and child labour. Virtue signalling twats.

Classic response.

You thought the advert was virtue signalling bollocks so that makes you a woman beater.

Are you ok to leave the house without having a panic attack? Jesus christ.

Ring Of Steel

Sales increased? What world do you live in.

errrr... the real one? Sales increased directly after the ad. They've got big problems with beards & competition, the ad held things up for them. It worked. You're still not able to grasp this concept, but it was mainly thanks to people like you- frothing away about all the "virtue signalling" :)

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I’m sure they sell to non bigots too, every shaving brand slumped the last few years, everyone’s got beards.

You didn’t strike me as a cancel culture fan anyway.

Not at all. I'm totally free-speech in every way. That also means you should be allowed to criticise too though.

I'm not leading a boycott, I'm just pointing out that many men (who funnily enough don't beat their wives) will vote with their wallets.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

errrr... the real one? Sales increased directly after the ad. They've got big problems with beards & competition, the ad held things up for them. It worked. You're still not able to grasp this concept, but it was mainly thanks to people like you- frothing away about all the "virtue signalling" :)

Gillete had an 8 billion dollar writedown. What planet are you on?

Ring Of Steel

NorthernWisdom

Beards are handy though- I can get away with not shaving much longer on the basis people assume I'm growing a beard, when in actual fact I am too lazy to shave.
Lockdown was a fine opportunity for me to practice various beard styles.

Ended up a bit confederate at one stage, which ain't a great look in the present day. At least I never practiced the toothbrush moustache.

Users who are viewing this thread