Do you want to discuss boring politics? (45 Viewers)

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Boarding that bus has done fine for me - just laid out a quarter of a million on a second home mate paid cash and I come from a council house - work harder and stop being bitter
And that is exactly why you and your like should have a limited say in what is best for society - because it's all about you.

Enjoy that money and that home - it'll be worth fuck all to you in the end when you die.

Grendel

But why are those people emptying your bins rather than doing something else that pays more?

The fact is if you take your argument to it's logical conclusion of everyone striving to get better jobs either through intelligence or hard work, there will be no-one left to do the actual jobs that make society function on a day to day basis.

At which case you're left with offering them massive pay increases to get them to do those jobs, because they still need to be done.

People accept their place of improve their education or go and live in drudgery - it’s a free Country of opportunity - close universities then - some twat it was probably you - rang 5 live and said that train drivers are as important as surgeons - well train driver be a surgeon then - oh you can’t as you are a bit thick

Grendel

Many people work just as hard as you and don’t have the breaks or opportunities you’ve had. Give the thatcher crap a rest

You own a second home

Grendel

And that is exactly why you and your like should have a limited say in what is best for society - because it's all about you.

Enjoy that money and that home - it'll be worth fuck all to you in the end when you die.

My kids will have it mate so it’s going to benefit them and guess what I’ve got a trust ti avoid IHT

Brighton Sky Blue

People accept their place of improve their education or go and live in drudgery - it’s a free Country of opportunity - close universities then - some twat it was probably you - rang 5 live and said that train drivers are as important as surgeons - well train driver be a surgeon then - oh you can’t as you are a bit thick

What were the academic standards required to enter your line of work?

Grendel

What were the academic standards required to enter your line of work?

my first job in the company I made money in? Nothing. I started in a stores area after the company I worked in went bust. I was the only degree educated person in the department

I was training initially in a law firm when leaving university and took a job on about 50% of the salary that Job paid

Brighton Sky Blue

my first job in the company I made money in? Nothing. I started in a stores area after the company I worked in went bust. I was the only degree educated person in the department

Ah ok. A divided workforce only really benefits the paymasters as this whole episode is clearly showing.

In fact to the people jealous of thick rail workers and train drivers maybe they should collectivise and bargain for better.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

So if no-one lays the roads or the train tracks how does the surgeon get to the hospital to perform the surgery? Or if no-one builds the hospital/operating theatre to begin with?

It's all linked together and those more prestigious cogs only get to look great because the other cogs wound around before them.

If I removed sharks from the planet, you'd lose the sharks. If I removed the plankton you'd lose pretty much every single aquatic species because the food chain would collapse.

The world works from bottom up, not top down.

Brighton Sky Blue

If that's how you think of life its really quite sad.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Well there is something true to ‘you can’t take it with you’ and ultimately in enough time everyone will have forgotten who you were and what you did.

Except in G’s case where I imagine instructions will be given to Boosh to keep the account going

• Haha
Reactions: PVA

TomRad85

Well there is something true to ‘you can’t take it with you’ and ultimately in enough time everyone will have forgotten who you were and what you did.

Except in G’s case where I imagine instructions will be given to Boosh to keep the account going

Well yeh obviously but that's bleak as fuck. Helping your kids have a better life is not irrelevant just because one day they'll die, I'm not even sure where to start with that. Might as well just stick our kids in ditches on day 1 and let them get on with it.

Brighton Sky Blue

Well yeh obviously but that's bleak as fuck. Helping your kids have a better life is not irrelevant just because one day they'll die, I'm not even sure where to start with that. Might as well just stick our kids in ditches on day 1 and let them get on with it.

I take a similar view on the environment

Grendel

And they'll die and it'd be worthless to them. And you're grandkids...and your great-grandkids..

Ive I am sure have paid plenty in tax. Did you support the NI tax increase then?

Ian1779

I hear Kier is refusing to speak out against it so for advocates of kids in ditches it doesn't really matter who gets in anymore. ;)

It’s OK though shmmeee said that’s sensible in a party of government.

David O'Day

PVA

Boarding that bus has done fine for me - just laid out a quarter of a million on a second home mate paid cash and I come from a council house - work harder and stop being bitter

Lgp0Vw.jpg

rob9872

I recognise that the world is not fair and want it to be fairer
Well you could always sell it and donate the value to charity if you genuinely felt bad or wanted to share the wealth more evenly, however like the rest of us you prefer the trappings that it affords you to have. The difference is G stands behind that honestly but gets ridiculed for it. Now I'm not having a pop at you, you're no different to anyone else and I'd love to have a second home, but let's not try to pretend on a faceless forum simply for likes or because it sounds the Christian thing to do.

Sky Blue Pete

Well you could always sell it and donate the value to charity if you genuinely felt bad or wanted to share the wealth more evenly, however like the rest of us you prefer the trappings that it affords you to have. The difference is G stands behind that honestly but gets ridiculed for it. Now I'm not having a pop at you, you're no different to anyone else and I'd love to have a second home, but let's not try to pretend on a faceless forum simply for likes or because it sounds the Christian thing to do.
I will if you have a way to pay for my two children’s university housing. It’s a business that takes a lot of work rather than a second home.

He’s not being honest he’s belittling people he believes are only struggling because they don’t work hard enough and that’s bollox

Alan Dugdales Moustache

You and your like being whom ? I bought a council flat in South London. in the mid 1980s under the RTB scheme . I didn't have to do it . I wanted to better myself. Five years later I sold it and bought a 3 bed semi in Ernesford Grange in cash from the proceeds. Mortgage free by the time I was 27. I've been able to help my own kids buy homes for themselves they'd never been able to afford otherwise, because I know how bloody difficult it is.
It's not all about me, me, me. I was fortunate the opportunity came my way but I had the motivation to take it and make what I could of it. Others wouldn't have bothered. When I'm dead and gone it'll be worth something to my kids and grandkids.

Last edited:

clint van damme

Some people are a 'bit thick', for want of a better term.
They can't study and retrain and better themselves.
But anyone who puts in full working week, week in and week out, year in, year out should be able to afford a certain standard of living which means their rent/mortgage, heating, food and a bit spare.

At the moment they can't and that's scandalous.

PVA

You and your like being whom ? I bought a council flat in South London. in the mid 1980s under the RTB scheme . I didn't have to do it . I wanted to better myself. Five years later I sold it and bought a 3 bed semi in Ernesford Grange in cash from the proceeds. Mortgage free by the time I was 27. I've been able to help my own kids buy homes for themselves they'd never been able to afford otherwise, because I know how bloody difficult it is.
It's not all about me, me, me. I was fortunate the opportunity came my way but I had the motivation to take it and make what I could of it. Others wouldn't have bothered. When I'm dead and gone it'll be worth something to my kids and grandkids.

That's all well and good and a lovely humblebrag, but you're missing the very major point that that's just not possible for most people these days. Regardless of how hard they work or how badly they want to better themselves or how badly they want to provide for their kids and grandkids.

Otis

I don't believe in God. I do believe in kindness for fellow humans though and fairness.

I think it's insane to live in a world where a rail boss can earn £557,000 a year, while others live in poverty and can barely afford to survive. 😥

Brighton Sky Blue

Users who are viewing this thread