Do you want to discuss boring politics? (18 Viewers)

Grendel

Please bring him back

NorthernWisdom

Bring back Red Ed?

(I always liked him TBF)
He's improved a lot. Unfortunately nowadays, you only get one shot at it, and that marks you out as a failure forever more. Hague was similar (albeit he was always good at PMQs) in that he probably got the leadership at the wrong time, but that shouldn't have stopped him having another pop.

Unlike IDS, who should never be allowed near a political brief ever again...

shmmeee

He's improved a lot. Unfortunately nowadays, you only get one shot at it, and that marks you out as a failure forever more. Hague was similar (albeit he was always good at PMQs) in that he probably got the leadership at the wrong time, but that shouldn't have stopped him having another pop.

Unlike IDS, who should never be allowed near a political brief ever again...

His voice is still terrible. So is Starmers TBF. Why have Labour leaders got such weird voices recently?

NorthernWisdom

His voice is still terrible. So is Starmers TBF. Why have Labour leaders got such weird voices recently?
Watching the Thatcher documentary a couple of years back, noticable how not only she got vocal training, but also coaching to avoid the overly complex inquisitions at PMQs, how she was taught winning the argument isn't very helpful if all people remember is your opponent's witty soundbyte. Never more apt that, than now!

shmmeee

They should simply put a plum in their mouth and instantly receive a boost in the polls

Just not sounding like they’re Kermit the Frog opening up about a particularly bad bullying experience would be good.

The pleading eyes as well. Such a Labour thing.

Reactions: PVA

Grendel

They should simply put a plum in their mouth and instantly receive a boost in the polls

yes it’s clearly why John Major was voted in - yawn

PVA

He’s just an absolute bellend that is shamefully hiding behind a colleagues murder to avoid accountability.

I don't know if they've been briefed to do it, or they're just doing it off their own backs, but it seems quite a few of them have been at it unfortunately.

PVA

Was the Owen Paterson stuff covered in here?

More blatant corruption and deceit. Remember when MPs used to resign over this sort of thing?

CON +7

JAM See

More blatant corruption and deceit. Remember when MPs used to resign over this sort of thing?

CON +7

I've done a quick cursory search.

It's not quite at 'Cash for Questions' levels, but nevertheless it's pretty embarrassing.

Has there been any comment from our elected representatives?

Having read his statement, he somehow manages to conflate his wife's suicide with an investigation from the guardian newspaper.

Odd.

Grendel

I've done a quick cursory search.

It's not quite at 'Cash for Questions' levels, but nevertheless it's pretty embarrassing.

Has there been any comment from our elected representatives?

Having read his statement, he somehow manages to conflate his wife's suicide with an investigation from the guardian newspaper.

Odd.

Has the “honest responsible and caring” Claudia Webbe gone to prison yet?

PVA

Odd.

Not from the Guardian, it's the official inquiry he's referring to.

It's pretty appalling form to bring your wife's suicide into it because you got caught out.

JAM See

1635359082216.png

That's a snip from his official statement. I couldn't fit all the points in, so there are more above.

Personally, if I'd lost a loved one after 40 years of marriage, I'd have put it at the top. Not right at the bottom, just before referencing the guardian newspaper.

As I said.

Odd.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Watching the Thatcher documentary a couple of years back, noticable how not only she got vocal training, but also coaching to avoid the overly complex inquisitions at PMQs, how she was taught winning the argument isn't very helpful if all people remember is your opponent's witty soundbyte. Never more apt that, than now!

It'd be more effective opposition if they just got up, ruffled their hair a bit, mumbled some cod latin for a few seconds, went FWAH! and then sat down again.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

CON +7

Don't think so.

Absolutely shameful that such blatant corruption is only a 30 day suspension. It's no deterrent or even really a punishment.

But I guess that's the point.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Further to my desire to have MP's become first adopters I see that mask wearing in Whitehall is now mandatory except for one particular group. Guess which ones...?

PVA

It's good that with the country in crisis our impartial press really hold the government to account with the important questions of the day

Grendel

Why not ask the ‘excellent’ Dan Hodges

Id rather ask Jeremy Corbyn who seems to still back her along with Comrade McDonnell.

Is Fiona Onasaynya still eating porridge?

PVA

drake-hotlinebling.gif

Users who are viewing this thread