Do you want to discuss boring politics? (18 Viewers)

Ian1779

What reassurance? “Oh don’t worry guys in three years we might fix this, but probably not because we don’t care about getting elected.”. Much reassuring.
Of course how silly of me - wishy washy messaging is the way to get elected.

TomRad85

There is nothing wrong with the top 2 to be fair as we go into winter.
The top 2 are completely fine. In fact I wish people would wear masks on the tube forever, disgusting place. The rest can go fuck themselves though.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

fernandopartridge

Yet again you’re missing the point. People don’t vote Labour because they think we’re too soft so we have to message harder. The Tories have the opposite issue.

This was what did Corbyn. Individual policy polling over party image polling.

Message harder? Tell me what message is being sent here

shmmeee

Of course how silly of me - wishy washy messaging is the way to get elected.

Have a read of this: Opinion | David Shor Is Telling Democrats What They Don’t Want to Hear

Voters don’t vote on specifics, they don’t vote for policy (they don’t vote for anything three years from an election!), they vote on feel and yes that’s wishy washy.

Genuinely what do you want? Because it seems an awful lot like “do what Corbyn did” and we saw how that worked out.

Look I’d love it if we lived in a country where the majority were both politically engaged and very left wing and I could just have a party just for me that said everything I liked. But that’s not reality.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

but most people don’t want your vision - they don’t want it

I don't think that's true. They're just told it will be rubbish and some lazy scumbag will be given all their money to buy drugs. Support for the NHS is very strong. Support for pensions is strong. Income support for those on low wages has strong support. These are left-wing principles. Right-wing would say if you get sick and you don't have enough money to pay for treatment tough. If you get old and haven't earned enough money to survive tough. If you don't have enough money to support your kids because you can't work too many hours because you need to take care of kids tough - you shouldn't have had kids.

What they're really fed up of is seeing others have so much more than them. People who have private jets and yachts while they're just trying to keep a roof over their head. But they're told from a young age the only way around that is to try and become like them. The idea of having a fairer and more equitable distribution of what is available isn't even suggested because the people in charge are the ones that have it all and don't want to share it.

Most people would be content with a roof over their heads, food on their table, able to pay the bills and the people they care about to be safe, well and happy. Look at the likes of Phillip Green - got more money than he could hope to spend in a lifetime yet he's a miserable bastard because all he cares about is monetary value.

Grendel

I don't think that's true. They're just told it will be rubbish and some lazy scumbag will be given all their money to buy drugs. Support for the NHS is very strong. Support for pensions is strong. Income support for those on low wages has strong support. These are left-wing principles. Right-wing would say if you get sick and you don't have enough money to pay for treatment tough. If you get old and haven't earned enough money to survive tough. If you don't have enough money to support your kids because you can't work too many hours because you need to take care of kids tough - you shouldn't have had kids.

What they're really fed up of is seeing others have so much more than them. People who have private jets and yachts while they're just trying to keep a roof over their head. But they're told from a young age the only way around that is to try and become like them. The idea of having a fairer and more equitable distribution of what is available isn't even suggested because the people in charge are the ones that have it all and don't want to share it.

Most people would be content with a roof over their heads, food on their table, able to pay the bills and the people they care about to be safe, well and happy. Look at the likes of Phillip Green - got more money than he could hope to spend in a lifetime yet he's a miserable bastard because all he cares about is monetary value.

a race to the bottom - not for me thanks

Grendel

The Tonester has me on auto reply - I’m puzzled why never in a football thread?

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

a race to the bottom - not for me thanks
Hurrah! Knew you would respond with some cliched right-wing economic soundbite.

It's not a race to the bottom - it's a journey to the middle where the bottom is a lot higher up than it is now.

Grendel

Hurrah! Knew you would respond with some cliched right-wing economic soundbite.

It's not a race to the bottom - it's a journey to the middle where the bottom is a lot higher up than it is now.

Well gear campaigning - Tories will be destroyed and a Labour utopia for eternity beckons

skybluetony176

So. Just to be clear. We have labour shortages causing shelves to empty in shops, panic buying, industries slowing to a crawl because they can’t get materials, we’re pumping untreated sewage into the rivers and seas, industries lost access to markets, a government who’s willingness to bend over and take one from former colonies in trade negotiations for a failed ideology knows no bounds, a public who’s been so brainwashed to have enough of experts we have a stalled vaccine rollout meaning we once again have the worst infection rate and death rates in Europe etc etc etc. All championed by someone apparently worried about a race to the bottom.

PVA

So. Just to be clear. We have labour shortages causing shelves to empty in shops, panic buying, industries slowing to a crawl because they can’t get materials, we’re pumping untreated sewage into the rivers and seas, industries lost access to markets, a government who’s willingness to bend over and take one from former colonies in trade negotiations for a failed ideology knows no bounds, a public who’s been so brainwashed to have enough of experts we have a stalled vaccine rollout meaning we once again have the worst infection rate and death rates in Europe etc etc etc. All championed by someone apparently worried about a race to the bottom.

Quite.

You can't say you don't want a race to the bottom yet give your full support to this government. Pick one.

chiefdave

We're so lucky that the country is in such a good position with no problems at all that PMQs can consist of questions about cheese toasties and songs for children.

jimmyhillsfanclub

I don't follow PMQs or any of the other day to day shite that happens in the commons tbf.....but i'm glad to hear cheese toasties are being debated....

the unnecessary "pimping" & "hacking"of the humble toasty has been going unchallended for far too long.......this could re-engage the disenfranchised.

chiefdave

Budget was a bit of a non-event. Followed the template, lots of bluster, re-annoucements and shifting targets. Oddly given what's happening at the moment not one mention of climate.

Credit where its due. Milliband and Reeves have both done a good job today. Although not sure things being noticeably better when Starmer is absent is great for. Labour

shmmeee

Budget was a bit of a non-event. Followed the template, lots of bluster, re-annoucements and shifting targets. Oddly given what's happening at the moment not one mention of climate.

Credit where its due. Milliband and Reeves have both done a good job today. Although not sure things being noticeably better when Starmer is absent is great for. Labour

Bring back Red Ed?

(I always liked him TBF)

Grendel

Bring back Red Ed?

(I always liked him TBF)

giphy.gif

Users who are viewing this thread