Welcome to Sky Blues Talk!

You're currently viewing the forum as a guest. Join thousands of fellow Coventry City fans today!

Do you want to discuss boring politics? (29 Viewers)

The big question for me, the uprise in welfare is on average 20% up since 2024. That trend cannot continue otherwise the country and economy will break. If the current government try and tax us anymore it’ll be suicidal.

One last thing to note. As more and more millionaires leave this country, it will break the system aswell

Some tough decisions for Labour in the upcoming budget that’s for sure

There'll also be people giving up working, if the rewards of sitting on your arse continue to outweigh working 40+ hours a week.
 
While the raw data may be available, and I would question if that should be the case, I'm not sure I'm particularly comfortable with making things like how many people have particular conditions, such as anorexia in any particular constituency, so easily accessible.

I'm not sure what we gain from highlighting that people with such conditions may be in receipt of benefits, unless the aim is to demonise them.

Also why are some benefits, notably pensions, missing from this? If its a tool to present data then you shouldn't really be picking and choosing what is on there. If you do then it would seem to suggest you are trying to push a particular narrative.

One thing that is often missing from benefits statistics when they're presented in this form is the number of people in receipt of benefits who are in work, I always feel that is of interest and important context.
Agreed, looking at the PIP, it says there's 25k claiments, then says 40% of that is for psychiatric conditions (c10k) but then gives you random examples where there the numbers are less than 0.5% or that 10k.
 
Agreed, looking at the PIP, it says there's 25k claiments, then says 40% of that is for psychiatric conditions (c10k) but then gives you random examples where there the numbers are less than 0.5% or that 10k.

They all could be earning £500 grand a year. They’d still qualify tax free wouldn’t they?
 
I think it’s more likely to be the traffickers and people along the journey (some of whom will have crossed I’m sure) - but also some of the men who’ve crossed in boats have likely been sexually assaulted at some point too.

I don’t think Dawood was raped. He did say he started to masturbate and this sin led him to kill. Not his fault. He also got confused when he got here as he believed he was 17 when he was 23. Now he’s here forever as he has trauma - let’s not worry about the victim he stabbed many times to kill. Let’s worry about Dawood and his trauma.

 

Users who are viewing this thread

  • Back
    Top Bottom