Do you want to discuss boring politics? (50 Viewers)

David O'Day

So if they are thinking about making redundancies (which they are) then why not re-deploy existing staff to do the jobs of the temporary staff, if there is such a need to deal with a backlog of complaints?

Because that is what shitty companies do. Instead of giving you a fair pay out they offer you a temp role in a departent you don't want to work in. Turn it down and you get nothing.

So no the article is not true at all.

Ian1779

You think a third of Labour’s staff work in complaints? Really?
Not what I said at all - but feel free to spin what I said in your usual defence of Starmer. So everything is fine, and any issues or problems are because of the ‘salty left’

You should do these TEDtalks more often.

shmmeee

Not what I said at all - but feel free to spin what I said in your usual defence of Starmer. So everything is fine, and any issues or problems are because of the ‘salty left’

You should do these TEDtalks more often.

Sorry you can’t back up your weird hatred of the only left wing party in this country. 🤷

You said it was fire and rehire. A third of staff are being asked to take VR, the new hires are a temporary increase in capacity in the complaints department. That’s not fire and rehire. Fire and rehire is firing someone (no one is being fired) then rehiring someone to do that job (that’s not happening and couldn’t legally as they’re being made redundant and you can’t hire someone in a position you made redundant for a period of time).

It’s yet another pathetic attack on Starmer based in fantasy from people who have been crying they fucked up their chance with the party and someone else is getting a go.

It was pathetic when the right did it. It’s pathetic when the left do it.

Ian1779

Sorry you can’t back up your weird hatred of the only left wing party in this country. 🤷

You said it was fire and rehire. A third of staff are being asked to take VR, the new hires are a temporary increase in capacity in the complaints department. That’s not fire and rehire. Fire and rehire is firing someone (no one is being fired) then rehiring someone to do that job (that’s not happening and couldn’t legally as they’re being made redundant and you can’t hire someone in a position you made redundant for a period of time).

It’s yet another pathetic attack on Starmer based in fantasy from people who have been crying they fucked up their chance with the party and someone else is getting a go.

It was pathetic when the right did it. It’s pathetic when the left do it.
Not quite sure where you get this idea of hatred from, I’m a paid up member just like you.

But equally, as a member I don’t think it’s beyond unreasonable to want to know why a political party that 3 years ago was loaded is now in the shit financially and having to make redundancies of any sort? And seeing as the party refuse to produce any kind of reasonable response other than ‘it’s that pesky Corbyn’s fault’ the only information seem to be from crank left news organisations like the Independent.
It’s actually again the people working for/advising Starmer (in this case Evans) that are doing a Sterling job of making his party look like muppets.

Sky Blue Pete

Not quite sure where you get this idea of hatred from, I’m a paid up member just like you.

But equally, as a member I don’t think it’s beyond unreasonable to want to know why a political party that 3 years ago was loaded is now in the shit financially and having to make redundancies of any sort? And seeing as the party refuse to produce any kind of reasonable response other than ‘it’s that pesky Corbyn’s fault’ the only information seem to be from crank left news organisations like the Independent.
It’s actually again the people working for/advising Starmer (in this case Evans) that are doing a Sterling job of making his party look like muppets.
The story is made to make Labour look bad by twisting the story to make it look like they are firing some people and hiring others. Tories doing the same would be a company managing their finances well in desperate Financial Times!

shmmeee

Several things seem to have happened. Corbyn massively expanded the staff with lots of community organisers, unions have pulled funding since Starmer came in, and we’re years from an election so donors aren’t spending their money on a potential government.

We were £25m in debt after Blair, cleared that under Corbyn, then went back into the red again at the start of 2019.

Being in opposition just isn’t lucrative. Most funding comes from donors and they all fucked off when it was clear we were nowhere near government and couldn’t stop Brexit.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

So if they are thinking about making redundancies (which they are) then why not re-deploy existing staff to do the jobs of the temporary staff, if there is such a need to deal with a backlog of complaints?

Depends on what those jobs being let go are. If you're earning a fair wage as an analyst/policy boff are you really going to want to become someone who sits on the phone all day listening to complaints? Would you want to take the wage cut, or would the company really want to pay you the same wage you were on to do the job?

One of my early jobs I joined as a trainee accountant but the tasks I ended up doing were that of a glorified receptionist. Absolutely hated it and couldn't wait to leave.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Donations will be decreasing. The party lost the last election massively and don't look like overcoming that. No-one pays for political influence if that influential is negligible. The way the party is coming across in the media isn't good (so warranted, some not) so general opinion of them if poor. They failed to get behind Brexit so any major donors that were leavers will likely have reduced/stopped funding. And with the move towards the right chances are the main backers in the TU's aren't so willing to part with the cash either.

Brighton Sky Blue

Party of law and order unhappy law is being applied. Classic Boris

Party of law and order found to act illegally
By the way, speaking of saltiness @Brighton Sky Blue how you feeling about Biden?

Seems the Bernie stans in the states are admitting they were wrong.

Single payer healthcare remains a pipe dream over there along with a living wage. During a pandemic he still doesn’t see why either of those might be a good idea.

shmmeee

Party of law and order found to act illegally

Single payer healthcare remains a pipe dream over there along with a living wage. During a pandemic he still doesn’t see why either of those might be a good idea.

I think healthcare is such a hot button issue over there, and I can see wage rises when businesses are on their arse as a tough sell but agreed.

Brighton Sky Blue

I think healthcare is such a hot button issue over there, and I can see wage rises when businesses are on their arse as a tough sell but agreed.

Well it isn't, most Americans want a single payer system but the entrenched influence of lobbying and of course a president who wouldn't approve it even if all he had to do was sign his name means it won't happen. Which is the whole problem with that country-what the politicians do is so far detached from what the people actually want but the corruption is too deep for it to change.

shmmeee

Well it isn't, most Americans want a single payer system but the entrenched influence of lobbying and of course a president who wouldn't approve it even if all he had to do was sign his name means it won't happen. Which is the whole problem with that country-what the politicians do is so far detached from what the people actually want but the corruption is too deep for it to change.

Not the voters that need convincing though, it’s the Republicans. And they’re batshit right now.

But yeah I agree.

SkyBlueDom26

By the way, speaking of saltiness @Brighton Sky Blue how you feeling about Biden?

Seems the Bernie stans in the states are admitting they were wrong.

Biden is dreadful and can't put 2 sentences together, I reckon Trump will get back in the white house in 2024.

Users who are viewing this thread