Derby unable to pay players wages (1 Viewer)

Sky Blue Harry H

Let’s hope that salary cap comes in.

If parachute payments drop out or are distributed in a different way, then it would start to make The Championship a more level playing field. Nobody wants lack of competition and if the Championship becomes too lopsided with 2 of the previously relegated PL teams always promoted the following season, with the other in the play offs, it starts to become like the PL, with only the usual suspects competing. Not healthy for competition or fans.

robbiethemole

Surely if we stay up the money we get from being in this league helps, not sure how much it is next season but will be offset against bcd. We could be able to afford a couple of better players but don’t forget we now have 6 prem players on loan almost makes us a prem team now hahaha

Magwitch

I agree with that and would be okay to do that be a bit of a yo-yo club for a while I’d accept that, would everyone though ? and what of our owner, there’s the little matter of where we play to sort out.

shmmeee

Surely if we stay up the money we get from being in this league helps, not sure how much it is next season but will be offset against bcd. We could be able to afford a couple of better players but don’t forget we now have 6 prem players on loan almost makes us a prem team now hahaha

McCallum is a Championship player.

Grendel

I think the next published accounts will focus a few people’s minds.

They will look I would guess considerably worse than the prior year

I would guess that the master fund has had to issue more loans and also some money has been recovered by the AVRO fund in deferred interest

With the directors having to declare I assume some statement as to future trading be interesting to see the auditors comments as well

Brighton Sky Blue

I think the next published accounts will focus a few people’s minds.

They will look I would guess considerably worse than the prior year

I would guess that the master fund has had to issue more loans and also some money has been recovered by the AVRO fund in deferred interest

With the directors having to declare I assume some statement as to future trading be interesting to see the auditors comments as well

If Wasps can be passed every year so can we

Grendel

It hasn't stopped us being passed when at Northampton

In Northampton there was considerable equity release required wasnt There?

also of course the possibility of share acquisition

Colin Steins Smile

Our audited accounts will be very interesting and I think they could make difficult reading and a reality check for some supporters.

Having said that the impact of behind closed doors games this season for next year’s accounts for all teams could be horrendous for some clubs. Ironically, whilst it will be difficult for us some other championship clubs must be close to administration by the end of the season. As their costs being much higher than ours.

skybluesam66

Grendel. You keep on bleating about no assets
A championship team with championship players has a lot of value. Even without a ground.
sisu wouldn’t blink at an offer below £25 m.
hence the gross value is probably in that region
The debt is to the owners which is there if they stay or go

Grendel

Grendel. You keep on bleating about no assets
A championship team with championship players has a lot of value. Even without a ground.
sisu wouldn’t blink at an offer below £25 m.
hence the gross value is probably in that region
The debt is to the owners which is there if they stay or go

Utterly clueless

fatso

Our playing staff are liabilities not assets.
We have to pay them if we play or not,
and 6 of them are loans, so cost us money but have zero value, as for the rest, they cost us each week, while the value of their contracts decreases each week. And the transfer value of most of them is zero. (You couldnt give away Baka, Biamou, kastaneer, or Pask)
As for the rest, their combined worth is very little, only Hamer and Godden are really worth anything.

skyblueeyesrevisited

and 6 of them are loans, so cost us money but have zero value, as for the rest, they cost us each week, while the value of their contracts decreases each week. And the transfer value of most of them is zero. (You couldnt give away Baka, Biamou, kastaneer, or Pask)
As for the rest, their combined worth is very little, only Hamer and Godden are really worth anything.
Christ Fatso, after reading this I’m going to stick my head in the gas oven.

SBAndy

You do realise you’ve just described depreciating assets, not liabilities?

Terry_dactyl

Yes but I think our lot have always played by the rules both Leicester and Portsmouth got away with it and we took two heavy penalties on the chin and we are here - we couldn’t afford the expensive Ricoh so they had to do something
Did Pompey get away with it? Pretty sure they were docked points for successive seasons.

mark82

Probably right, apart from Dabo, Marosi, Hyam, Rose, O'Hare and Walker.

chiefdave

Did Pompey get away with it? Pretty sure they were docked points for successive seasons.
No points deduction for Pompey first time round in 1998. 9 points in 2010. Nothing when the parent company went into admin in 2011, Southampton fans weren't happy as they got a points deduction for the same thing. 10 points in 2012. They were all seperate administrations though, don't think they had two dedections for the same admin at any point.

We got one for going into admin and another when ACL turned down the CVA turned down didn't we? Even through we had to pay off the debts anyway as a condition of league entry.

fatso

Probably right, apart from Dabo, Marosi, Hyam, Rose, O'Hare and Walker.
And how much did we pay for those, and what do you think we would get for them if we sold them in this transfer window.
Fans valuations tend to be wildly over optimistic.
What do you think a potential buyer of the club would value those players contracts at?

Ccfcisparks

And how much did we pay for those, and what do you think we would get for them if we sold them in this transfer window.
Fans valuations tend to be wildly over optimistic.
What do you think a potential buyer of the club would value those players contracts at?
IMO for those 6 we would get at least £7m combined

Grendel

The argument players values enhance the companies ability to attract buyers anyway is odd as you Would only realise those values if you sold - which would depreciate the clubs worth under that argument

This was the dumb argument Deliu had when he decided to give huge lengthy contracts to the likes of Bell, Mcsheffrey and Baker on some notion it would enhance the balance sheet

Reactions: AOM

robbiethemole

There was a table of club’s team values last week, ours totalled £15.7m second lowest to Wycombe and about the same as Rotherham

Bugsy

Jesse Carver

This is on the BBC this morning:-

Derby County have angered Manchester City by blocking their attempt to sign goalkeeper Scott Carson on a permanent deal. The Championship club want to collect a loan fee for the 35-year-old Englishman this month.

Man City want to make Carson's deal permanent now but Derby need the £500k loan fee due this month to allow them to pay outstanding wages. I know Man City have no preordained right to demand Derby release a player to them but the fact that a club of their supposed resources with a takeover imminent is relying on a loan fee to meet their obligations is startling.

As others have said in the past, the first people knew of the Chelsea & Man City takeovers was when the deal had gone through and the new owners were being introduced to the press. Takeovers that have so much reported on them before the event tend to go awry - just look at Newcastle, or closer to home, us with Hoffman et al.

Users who are viewing this thread