Derby unable to pay players wages (2 Viewers)

KenilworthSkyBlue

Sounds like they could potentially be in serious trouble if this takeover falls through - which is looking increasingly likely. Their fans are already taking about a potential fire sale of the players.

Magwitch

Sounds like they could potentially be in serious trouble if this takeover falls through - which is looking increasingly likely. Their fans are already taking about a potential fire sale of the players.
[/QUOTE
Some highly paid players at Derby and that’s not counting Rooney god knows what he is on.

Kieranp96

Although it's terrible news for Derby fans, I honestly don't mind as it garentees they will be struggling further, if them and sheff wen both get point deductions for it being able to pay wages leaves one relegation spot for Wycombe.

Liquid Gold

Derby are one of those clubs that have been around the upper end of the Championship spending money they don't have for years. I bet they thought one of the playoff visits would have ended in the PL but they fucked it. Won't stop anyone else though.

Grendel

Derby are one of those clubs that have been around the upper end of the Championship spending money they don't have for years. I bet they thought one of the playoff visits would have ended in the PL but they fucked it. Won't stop anyone else though.

Bit like us then in the operation premiership era

Tomh111

This and Wednesday are going to be the beginning of a wave of clubs in this situation. All the clubs in the pyramid that have been paying wages way outside their means to try and get promoted are going to be in the shit

Happy_Martian

I'm guessing that the PFA will step in and offer financial support to the players so they are able to fulfill fixtures in the short term. What happens longterm, even I can't predict that.

Magwitch

I think the shit is starting to hit the fan football wise there will be more clubs going the same way no way can these excessive wage bills be met each month.
and if I was a prospective wanna be buyer I would hang back until the club went tits up.

KenilworthSkyBlue

I think the shit is starting to hit the fan football wise there will be more clubs going the same way no way can these excessive wage bills be met each month.
and if I was a prospective wanna be buyer I would hang back until the club went tits up.

Interestingly Derby fans are indicating that the sale has all but been agreed, however now the prospective new owners are refusing to provide the agreed funds as per the legal agreements and negotiations.

Inevitably the new owner probably thinks that he can renegotiate a cheaper deal given the current position of the club - even if that means pushing Derby to the brink.

letsallsingtogether

Why do people wish points deductions on other teams.
If we cant stay up without that we dont deserve to.

Barnsley

Why do people wish points deductions on other teams.
If we cant stay up without that we dont deserve to.

Because they’ve cheated, and by doing so they’ve gained an unfair advantage over teams who are trying to play by the rules, not only that by cheating they pushed up the wage structure in this league, to a level that’s nearly impossible to compete with if your trying to work within the rules, a points deduction is the only thing that’s going to make clubs think twice about continuing to jeopardise the beautiful game.

Hobo

Could be the first of many clubs this year. No crowds and added Covid testing expenses crippling for all sports clubs, not just football.

Users who are viewing this thread