Derby unable to pay players wages (1 Viewer)

Tomh111

We are not self sustainable it’s a myth

Its not a myth, I think we are all aware that the club doesn't receive enough gate money, commercial sponsorship etc to pay the bills entirely.

However, we now operate a much more sustainable model.

We have all seen the accounts that show the loans we have and the external funding coming in.

We are now in a far better situation than most clubs. We are not paying ex-superstars 60k a week, or reliant on a Greek shipping magnate to fund multimillion transfers.

That was more my point.

Grendel

Its not a myth, I think we are all aware that the club doesn't receive enough gate money, commercial sponsorship etc to pay the bills entirely.

We have all seen the accounts that show the loans we have and the external funding coming in.

We are now in a far better situation than most clubs. We are not paying ex-superstars 60k a week, or reliant on a Greek shipping magnate to fund multimillion transfers.

That was more my point.

It is a total myth

We have been borrowing more money from the master fund loanees and also those attract repayable interest

Our balance sheet is an unmitigated disaster

Tomh111

It is a total myth

We have been borrowing more money from the master fund loanees and also those attract repayable interest

Its not a myth because we all know it happens.

Nobody has claimed we are totally self sufficient, but we are certainly a lot more sustainable than the majority of other clubs.

Grendel

Its not a myth because we all know it happens.

Nobody has claimed we are totally self sufficient, but we are certainly a lot more sustainable than the majority of other clubs.

No the accounts show we are not and actually we’ve sold players in January on two occasions recently to avoid breaching FFP regulations

What’s your view on our balance sheet?

Adge

Before I start WWIII here, SISU have done a fucking horrendous job.

However, the push to sustainability and development in the last 3 years has been and will be a brilliant move in the long run. The bubble will burst eventually, when China, Russia and the Middle East lose interest clubs will be in the shit left, right and centre.

China are already losing interest as president Xi moves away from football as a political strategy.
There are only so many countries in the Middle East who need to tidy up their PR using sports teams.

I understand why fans want to be spunking somebody else's money to win silverware in the short term, but I'd rather have a club that is on a sound footing and will still be here for me to eventually take my kids and grandkids to watch.
You may have to drive out of Coventry to see them at home still.......

Grendel

fernandopartridge

That was more my point.
We're not really Tom. We have no asset base, we have no home. We have got a bit of goodwill and some players. We don't have any more future payments due for players sold in the past. The outlook is as grim as it has ever been if you ask me.

Grendel

Why would I want us to go down you moron.
Personally I dont believe we need a helping hand we will be ok.

Btw way I am not NOPM.

To be fair in more aligned to your thinking these days. In a way the ground ban of fans has helped disguise the car crash strategy the clubs owners now have adopted and seem intent on continuing - they have to go or be upfront with a coherent strategy

Ccfcisparks

We're not really Tom. We have no asset base, we have no home. We have got a bit of goodwill and some players. We don't have any more future payments due for players sold in the past. The outlook is as grim as it has ever been if you ask me.
How is it worse than before we sold Wilson?

Blind-Faith

They tried to cheat the rules , it’s come back to bite them in the arse, fuck em! Deduct the points and punish them, make an example of them and try and put other clubs off from doing it.

If we stay up at their expense and we have followed the rules, I’ll take that all day long thankyou very much 👍

robbiekeane

It is a total myth

Wait are you saying we are not more sustainable than the majority of clubs in the championship? Can you please elaborate

mark82

Not strictly true. We still have interests in/money coming in for McCallum and Maddison at least. The home side is obviously the big problem. Vital we're back in Coventry asap.

Mcbean

We must be contributing - did all the clubs do a membership thing ? Some are paying for ifollow when previously they didn’t - I guess the main thing we are missing is the away supporters income which would have been greater

Brighton Sky Blue

Not strictly true. We still have interests in/money coming in for McCallum and Maddison at least. The home side is obviously the big problem. Vital we're back in Coventry asap.

How are we still getting Maddison money? Is he giving us a cut of his £100k a week?

Skybluemichael

How are we still getting Maddison money? Is he giving us a cut of his £100k a week?
Norwich get money every year Leicester stay in the premier league +appearances goals scored and so on, we get 10% of whatever Norwich get, Dave Boddy said Norwich are good at selling players and money always coming in from that sale

Brighton Sky Blue

Norwich get money every year Leicester stay in the premier league +appearances goals scored and so on, we get 10% of whatever Norwich get, Dave Boddy said Norwich are good at selling players and money always coming in from that sale

I don’t see how we get a cut of a clause they negotiated separately?

NorthernWisdom

Wouldn't be much that, though.

I also wondered with mcCallum, what the loan deal was, and if that was in place of them paying us some cash. tbf, they were happy to loan us Maddison back, so seem quite content to do that sort of thing anyway. it did seem an odd deal from the start, however.

(I'm guessing he was only sold because we had little choice in the matter!)

I don’t see how we get a cut of a clause they negotiated separately?
It'd still be profit on the deal for them though, so would probably still come under the general clause.

Grendel

We are a league higher, have more revenue streams, more attractive proposition to investors, greater goodwill.

we have less revenue streams and are far less attractive than other clubs with an actual stadium - Sunderland would easily attract more interest than us

Ccfcisparks

we have less revenue streams and are far less attractive than other clubs with an actual stadium - Sunderland would easily attract more interest than us
We have greater TV money. Sunderland would attract more interest because they are a much bigger club than us. But we would attract more interest than someone like Rochdale

Grendel

We have greater TV money. Sunderland would attract more interest because they are a much bigger club than us. But we would attract more interest than someone like Rochdale

Which pretty much sums it up

Magwitch

Unfortunately Grendel is correct apart from our baggage some known some unknown with Sunderland you get upto 40000+ die-hard fans and that’s without much success.

Tomh111

I'm not arguing that we are solvent. I'm arguing we are actually in a far better position than most clubs.

We are in a situation where our players registrations are generally worth more than we payed for them.

The stadium is obviously a glaring problem and hole in everything. However, if this stadium materialises in collaboration with the University I think we are on a sound footing.

Hobo

In the current Covid World economy no club is attractive.

Users who are viewing this thread