Derby unable to pay players wages (1 Viewer)

Brighton Sky Blue

Because they’ve cheated, and by doing so they’ve gained an unfair advantage over teams who are trying to play by the rules, not only that by cheating they pushed up the wage structure in this league, to a level that’s nearly impossible to compete with if your trying to work within the rules, a points deduction is the only thing that’s going to make clubs think twice about continuing to jeopardise the beautiful game.

Bang on. Find it just as distasteful they whored themselves out to a gambling company to pay Rooney an obscene amount for free advertising.

shmmeee

Why do people wish points deductions on other teams.
If we cant stay up without that we dont deserve to.

Cheating off the pitch is the same as cheating on it. It’s not like they’re handed out at random.

Maybe I’m bitter that we’ve got one of the smallest budgets, but I won’t cry many tears for teams that overspend then run out of road. We were one and have paid (and are still paying) a heavy price.

fernandopartridge

I doubt we're in a great position so I won't be gloating over this, just hoping that we're not going to join them.

@Grendel I don't think the comparison with our Operation Premiership era is that valid though I get what you mean. We tended to make losses but not to the extent that they have, much of ours as much down to declining revenue as increased costs. Derby were getting gates averaging well over 20k.

fatso

Why do people wish points deductions on other teams.
If we cant stay up without that we dont deserve to.
I dont remember too many other teams fans complaining when we got hit with a points deduction.
Financial fair play rules were supposed to stop teams from spending money they didnt have, but clubs just found new ways to cheat the system, like selling their ground to a business set up by their owners etc.
They reap what they sow.

letsallsingtogether

Anyone would think you want us to go down. Nopm. SISU OUT etc.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Why would I want us to go down you moron.
Personally I dont believe we need a helping hand we will be ok.

Btw way I am not NOPM.

KenilworthSkyBlue

Because they’ve cheated, and by doing so they’ve gained an unfair advantage over teams who are trying to play by the rules, not only that by cheating they pushed up the wage structure in this league, to a level that’s nearly impossible to compete with if your trying to work within the rules, a points deduction is the only thing that’s going to make clubs think twice about continuing to jeopardise the beautiful game.

I have to say I agree with this. If clubs continuously believe themselves to be above the rules, capitalising on the incompetency on the EFL, they're eventually going to get found out. The fact Derby weren't deducted points for their dubious stadium sale was absurd so frankly I couldn't care less if they suffered a points deduction either. Their actions have and still continue to jeopardise the sanctity of the competition.

Perhaps they should've concentrated more on spending within their means rather than focus on dubious ways to divert the P&S rules. Maybe then they wouldn't be in a situation whereby they're being held to ransom by an absolute charlatan prospective owner. Talk about out of the pan into a fire. People don't seem to understand that if EFL isn't consistent with punishments or aren't severe enough with issuing sanctions, it just gives lunatic owners further license to breach the regulations - causing more clubs to come under threat of administration or worse. It also sets a terrible precedent.

cov donkey kick

If clubs are cheating they need to be penalised and docked points, shef we'd they should have been demoted last season and survived wrongly because of there history and nothing else. Derby need to have the same end if they can't pay wages owed to the players. Full stop!

rob9872

If clubs are cheating they need to be penalised and docked points, shef we'd they should have been demoted last season and survived wrongly because of there history and nothing else. Derby need to have the same end if they can't pay wages owed to the players. Full stop!
If you type 'Full stop' after '.', why didn't you type 'Exclamation mark' after '!' ?

PUSB-We_are_going_up

Wigan got sent down but Sheff Weds didnt and isnt it for similar reasons as well?

chiefdave

The house of cards has to come crashing down at some point. There has been warning after warning but in reality very little has been done to sort out overspending and get things under control. What we're seeing now is not so much a result of covid as it is covid accelerating what would have happened anyway.

Never nice for supporters, although as we all now there are clubs whose supporters happily encourage and even demand overspending, but on the other hand nobody was arguing for us not to get points deductions.

If football does have a serious crackdown to get things under control we'll actually be in a pretty good position, ignoring the ground issue, as we've already done it. Although suspect thats more down to circumstance than any great plan being put in place.

Tomh111

Maybe the Sisu way of being frugal, and playing the long game, was the right way?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Before I start WWIII here, SISU have done a fucking horrendous job.

However, the push to sustainability and development in the last 3 years has been and will be a brilliant move in the long run. The bubble will burst eventually, when China, Russia and the Middle East lose interest clubs will be in the shit left, right and centre.

China are already losing interest as president Xi moves away from football as a political strategy.
There are only so many countries in the Middle East who need to tidy up their PR using sports teams.

I understand why fans want to be spunking somebody else's money to win silverware in the short term, but I'd rather have a club that is on a sound footing and will still be here for me to eventually take my kids and grandkids to watch.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

I mean I’m all ending the season on PPG - forget points deductions

Mcbean

Cheating off the pitch is the same as cheating on it. It’s not like they’re handed out at random.

Maybe I’m bitter that we’ve got one of the smallest budgets, but I won’t cry many tears for teams that overspend then run out of road. We were one and have paid (and are still paying) a heavy price.
Yes but I think our lot have always played by the rules both Leicester and Portsmouth got away with it and we took two heavy penalties on the chin and we are here - we couldn’t afford the expensive Ricoh so they had to do something

Liquid Gold

However, the push to sustainability and development in the last 3 years has been and will be a brilliant move in the long run. The bubble will burst eventually, when China, Russia and the Middle East lose interest clubs will be in the shit left, right and centre.

China are already losing interest as president Xi moves away from football as a political strategy.
There are only so many countries in the Middle East who need to tidy up their PR using sports teams.

I understand why fans want to be spunking somebody else's money to win silverware in the short term, but I'd rather have a club that is on a sound footing and will still be here for me to eventually take my kids and grandkids to watch.
It wasn't that long ago a fair number of our fans were shouting to shut us down.

Grendel

We are not self sustainable it’s a myth

Sky Blue Harry H

We are not self sustainable it’s a myth
Agree, but our wage bill, running cost isn't quite the noose around the neck that other clubs is in the present circumstances. Obviously when crowds can return, our ground situation tilts things in a different direction.

steve cooper

I doubt we are sustainable as such, but if we can stay in the Championship, and if we ever find another Maddison or another Wilson, hopefully we will realise more of their true value, and Sisu benefit that way.

Danceswithhorses

They can return the dirty money gained from exploiting problem gamblers while they’re at it
Whilst i agree with your sentiment, the fact we are also sponsored by a betting company, means we cant realistically look down on them from any kind of height, regarding exploiting problem gamblers.
And this is coming from the biggest Derby hater on SBA (ie me)
Their dodgy stadium sale should have been punished, and they should have learned their lesson, but apparently all that money is gone now also !

Brighton Sky Blue

Whilst i agree with your sentiment, the fact we are also sponsored by a betting company, means we cant realistically look down on them from any kind of height, regarding exploiting problem gamblers.
And this is coming from the biggest Derby hater on SBA (ie me)
Their dodgy stadium sale should have been punished, and they should have learned their lesson, but apparently all that money is gone now also !

I don’t like any of it and I was very disappointed we chose to take on a sponsorship with one too. Would be very happy if we binned them for next season

Users who are viewing this thread