Derby points deduction (1 Viewer)

Mild-Mannered Janitor

Kindest Bloke on CCFC / Maker of CCFC Dreams
Not pleasant for the fans, I know the club is big enough that a buyer should come forward but it’s no guarantee as we have seen and the club could cease to exist if no purchaser can agree with the administrators.
it’s going to be very messy, especially with the ground situation like many not being part of the trading football club, agreeing with creditors

slowpoke

What happens to the players ? Do their contracts stay as they are or are they free agents and can find new clubs outside the transfer window.

Colin Steins Smile

Not pleasant for the fans, I know the club is big enough that a buyer should come forward but it’s no guarantee as we have seen and the club could cease to exist if no purchaser can agree with the administrators.
it’s going to be very messy, especially with the ground situation like many not being part of the trading football club, agreeing with creditors
Exactly.... and the administrator has to try and keep the club running at a time when Derby can’t sell any players to fund running costs

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Just a thought but when CCFC went in to administration the outstanding accounts were never filed, the football club became another company, and the original companies liquidated. Meaning no one outside a small closed group ever knew what really went on.

Any bets on the revised Derby County accounts ever being filed ?

Would a transfer to a new company and owners remove the threat of a further points deduction

slowpoke

Hopefully the other -9 points will also be applied, they have cheated and should take the consequences, as it stands they could well avoid relegation.
Think it will it’s two separate offences 12 points for going into administration I believe is a minimum.

CovBrummie94

831ed524ddba007a0fe6e2f911060152.jpg

A potential buyer is going to need a lot of cash up front.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Skyblueweeman

Another sad tale of a decent, mid-sized club, spending above their means and it absolutely shafting them further down the line. You have to question the appointments of Cocu, Lampard and Rooney. They won't have been cheap. I guess it's the 'gamble and hope it pays off' strategy.

Although our finances really aren't great, I sometimes wonder if all we've been through the last 10 or so years has put us in a better position and before all you clever clogs come in and say we're the same position with more debt, I doubt we'd get to Derby levels of stupidity of the last couple of seasons.

Running the club the way we have, coupled with the 'luck' of coming across a generational manager has probably staved off any Derby-style scenarios for us. Am I wrong on that?!

skybluesam66

Wasnt our 2nd points deduction for not coming out of admin properly - is this something that could happen to Derby if they did not satisfy the football creditors etc

Frostie

Another sad tale of a decent, mid-sized club, spending above their means and it absolutely shafting them further down the line. You have to question the appointments of Cocu, Lampard and Rooney. They won't have been cheap. I guess it's the 'gamble and hope it pays off' strategy.

Indeed. And, not to justify it in anyway, but since the concept of FFP was brought in only 2 clubs have been promoted to the Premier League without failing it.

Mild-Mannered Janitor

Kindest Bloke on CCFC / Maker of CCFC Dreams
The administrator will aim to do a deal with all those creditors to take a settlement of x pence in the pound and possible staged payments to make it salvageable, typically, the IR doesn't like to agree too much of a discount on what's owed but every case is different and depends on exactly who those creditors are.

Calista

Just a thought but when CCFC went in to administration the outstanding accounts were never filed, the football club became another company, and the original companies liquidated. Meaning no one outside a small closed group ever knew what really went on.

Any bets on the revised Derby County accounts ever being filed ?

Would a transfer to a new company and owners remove the threat of a further points deduction
You mean Derby County FC might turn out to be just a non-trading property subsidiary? I guess their fans may soon have the pleasure of going on a treasure hunt for the Golden Share. Almost makes me feel nostalgic for those days.

Frostie

Set for a fire sale in January to help raise funds to pay off creditors.

Cheeky £1m bid for Lee Buchanan anyone? Would be a great solution to the LWB issue.

They turned down £2m for Buchanan in the summer (admittedly from their arch rivals Forest) which given their circumstances looks crazy.

Users who are viewing this thread