Derby points deduction (1 Viewer)

Macca1987

I know everyone is going on about Wycombe, but you can never second guess how games would go, if Derby were already relegated with a points deduction, then potentially it might have been an easier game for Sheff Wed and they may have stayed up. I know it's shit for Wycombe and their fans, but you just have to play as the dice rolls, I think they'll get their payback on Derby if they go down

olderskyblue

What’s been strange is the fans reaction. It’s been spectacular too. I thought this forum was quite reflective but I think there’s less negativity in the ground than on here. The forest game was massive and the Middlesbrough and the reading one. The belief from the pitch to the stands to the pitch to the stands is far more obvious sitting opposite the fans stand than sitting in it
You in the directors box now Pete? ;)

robbiethemole

Derby lot still pushing the "EFL vendetta" line ffs. the owner cheated and lied for over 3 seasons to keep them in this League.
has any club ever recovered from this sort of setback? they ask!! hello.......... we got stiffed with two deductions didn't we and look how long and how painful it's been to get back up! They still got lots of bad days to get through and still blame the EFL just like we did.

shepardo01

Derby lot still pushing the "EFL vendetta" line ffs. the owner cheated and lied for over 3 seasons to keep them in this League.
has any club ever recovered from this sort of setback? they ask!! hello.......... we got stiffed with two deductions didn't we and look how long and how painful it's been to get back up! They still got lots of bad days to get through and still blame the EFL just like we did.
That's the thing with this one.
Mel Morris and Derby have been lying and trying to deliberately fiddle the system for a number of years.
Yeah, fans will have a year or so of watching (possibly) Derby in Lg1 - they won't "suffer" - some might enjoy it... its just not what they have been uses to... and a couple of years ago they were having a play-off season in the Championship- courtesy of Mel's "input"... bet they loved that...
Don't see a way to separate the club/fans when it comes to a club being punished for financial misdemeanours.
In this one, they will continue to try to fiddle as much as possible... and I hope they get punished accordingly.
Can't see how they can blame the EFL.

hill83

I was assuming they'd only be playing Derby if they didn't get promoted given that Derby will probably go down.

Then see my sarcastic post. That’s shit revenge if Wycombe feel they should have stayed up and should be in the championship this season.

lord_garrincha

Going off tangent... There were many questioning Rooney's ability as a manager last season. Now with the squad shot to bits & the 12-points lopped off, it's almost given him a 'free pass' to soldier on, and when he inevitably leaves... It will probably for be a bigger job! Deserved or not

fernandopartridge

Going off tangent... There were many questioning Rooney's ability as a manager last season. Now with the squad shot to bits & the 12-points lopped off, it's almost given him a 'free pass' to soldier on, and when he inevitably leaves... It will probably for be a bigger job! Deserved or not
He's done an ok job there I think, they're generally difficult to beat. He turned them around last season and even though they slumped again, he did keep them up. He's on minus points himself for many to start with due to him being a successful player who got paid a lot.

Brighton Sky Blue

He's done an ok job there I think, they're generally difficult to beat. He turned them around last season and even though they slumped again, he did keep them up. He's on minus points himself for many to start with due to him being a successful player who got paid a lot.

Well that and they had some good players all along.

procdoc

I don’t think Rooney is doing a bad job. Until the deduction they were around lower mid table weren’t they?

Grendel

maybe, they seem confident of a buyer but if that's the case they would only be 4 wins away from the drop, not punishment enough for the serial cheating of Morris.

What about our serial cheating

skyblue1991

Derby have made 20 people redundant. No doubt these will be people on mediocre salaries compared to the footballers on £20k+ a week

I find it shocking how its the off pitch staff that are affected. Why can't footballers be made redundant, is it because they are classes as 'assets'?

Sent from my I3113 using Tapatalk

shepardo01

Don't need to worry there'll be a white knight and they'll be back overspending in this league in no time
Mate of mine is on the first team coaching staff. Spoke to him before the game the other week.
Says they'll be fine as a club. American multimillionaire will take over. Been around for a while. Not the one that has just been dismissed.

I'm not sure what spending restrictions will/may be in place, but yes, they'll have some cash he reckons.

Brighton Sky Blue

Mate of mine is on the first team coaching staff. Spoke to him before the game the other week.
Says they'll be fine as a club. American multimillionaire will take over. Been around for a while. Not the one that has just been dismissed.

I'm not sure what spending restrictions will/may be in place, but yes, they'll have some cash he reckons.

They've retained some quality players despite supposedly being skint, without 21 points coming off they'd probably stay up. Really is an absolute piss take

Sky Blue Harry H

They've retained some quality players despite supposedly being skint, without 21 points coming off they'd probably stay up. Really is an absolute piss take

Trouble is. their better players won't want to drop a level, and they'll have to build again. Another 'biggy' in L1. Starting to look more like a mini Championship - could be Sheff Wed, Sunderland, Ipswich, Bolton, Derby, Pompey plus whoever else is relegated from this year - Hull plus ? Can't remember that league having so many ;big' clubs in there all at once.

Brighton Sky Blue

Trouble is. their better players won't want to drop a level, and they'll have to build again. Another 'biggy' in L1. Starting to look more like a mini Championship - could be Sheff Wed, Sunderland, Ipswich, Bolton, Derby, Pompey plus whoever else is relegated from this year - Hull plus ? Can't remember that league having so many ;big' clubs in there all at once.

They won't, but new rich owner, debts cleared, they'll be back soon enough.

Grendel

Well ultimately we sold our stake and have been paying for that decision ever since

not really it was the clueless morons at the council who insisted on the mortgage of a debt that’s bust ACl and is the reason Wasps still are refunding

Users who are viewing this thread