Derby points deduction (1 Viewer)

slowpoke

2.3 million and people scoffed when i aid he'd win that case
I was pleased for Keogh winning that case he was guilty of basically being pissed and incapable in the back of a car probably should have known better but how could Derby sack him and not the driver and just to rub salt in Derby’s wounds he’s back playing in the championship.

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!

fernandopartridge

Yup. This is the amazing line from the Guardian article - Reading’s reported £41m wage bill in 2018-19 equated to 194% of turnover :oops:

They've got a couple of decent players but it's just amazing how high it is, they haven't been in the top flight since 2013 and that was a single season

David O'Day

I was pleased for Keogh winning that case he was guilty of basically being pissed and incapable in the back of a car probably should have known better but how could Derby sack him and not the driver and just to rub salt in Derby’s wounds he’s back playing in the championship.

That was the whole case.

The unequal treatment and punishment.

Sky Blue Harry H

Reading set for a 9 point deduction apparently

Just about to post similar. I think they have a much better chance of escaping from down the foot of the table, given the return of Ejaria. That could change quickly if Swift gets injured, though (as he has been prone to do)

Sky Blue Harry H

2.3 million and people scoffed when i aid he'd win that case

I think I read on the Blackpool forum that Keogh's still owed it and would appear in the creditors list (who don't get the full whack, but 30 odd % of what is owed?)

Sky Blue Harry H

Would it count as a football debt though?

Not sure - merely repeating something that was posted on a Blackpool forum - they may have been wrong, but had categorised the debt to him as being at a % level as a result of Derby's decision.

Irish Sky Blue

Derby beat Wycombe 2-1 at Adams Park last season. Wycombe totally out played them. They scored a good goal which was wrongly disallowed for offside. That goal would have put them 1-0 up. Derby went straight down the other end and scored themselves. After Wycombe equalised Derby got the winner in injury time.
Firstly, any other result than a Derby win in this game and Wycombe would have stayed up at the end of the season.
Secondly, Wycombe played that game with players that they could according to EFL rules afford. Presumably a lot of the Derby team on the pitch that evening shouldn't have been there as by those same rules, they couldn't afford them.
Hard not to feel sympathy for Wycombe.

chiefdave

Why do Derby and now Reading get to negotiate their points deduction with the EFL? Have I just blocked it from my memory as I don't remember that being an option for us either time they took points off us.

Grendel

Why do Derby and now Reading get to negotiate their points deduction with the EFL? Have I just blocked it from my memory as I don't remember that being an option for us either time they took points off us.

Well we negotiated the fact we weren’t playing in Coventry and had zero plan to resolve it

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
Admin is a set -12 but seems like breaches of FFP can be negotiated.

Guardian article says -
'Under EFL rules a formal disciplinary process is avoided if a club and the league agree on a punishment.'

Happy_Martian

Comment on the Reading forum suggests this may just be the start. Poster said Stoke may be another to get hit.

Happy_Martian

Liquid Gold

Big opportunity for a group of pretty pants promoted teams.

Works out well for us though as a couple of them could be here and struggle next year when we might have some stronger teams from L1 back in the division.

Evo1883

Big opportunity for a group of pretty pants promoted teams.

Works out well for us though as a couple of them could be here and struggle next year when we might have some stronger teams from L1 back in the division.

Rather blackpool stay up ..always enjoy the trip

Frostie

Because otherwise it's down to an independent panel & subject to appeals etc. dragging it out further.
EFL give the club the option to accept what they deem is fair or go to the panel who could retain/increase/decrease penalty as they see fit.

fernandopartridge

Because otherwise it's down to an independent panel & subject to appeals etc. dragging it out further.
EFL give the club the option to accept what they deem is fair or go to the panel who could retain/increase/decrease penalty as they see fit.
The outcome of the panel should be either the club gets what it wants or automatically 12 points imho

Danceswithhorses

Comment on the Reading forum suggests this may just be the start.
Poster said Stoke may be another to get hit.
Surely though the Coates family, who own Stoke and Bet365, can just invest some capital there and clear any trifling financial problems ?
In 2020, Denise Coates, the chairman & daughter of the founder, received a combined payout of £466 million quid (salary £422m + dividends £45m) !

Cranfield Sky Blue

Surely though the Coates family, who own Stoke and Bet365, can just invest some capital there and clear any trifling financial problems ?
In 2020, Denise Coates, the chairman & daughter of the founder, received a combined payout of £466 million quid (salary £422m + dividends £45m) !
She isn’t the daughter of the founder, she is the founder of Bet365. She employs her Dad and brothers to share the income. And they pay all their taxes, without trying to avoid it into offshore income etc etc.

Grendel

She isn’t the daughter of the founder, she is the founder of Bet365. She employs her Dad and brothers to share the income. And they pay all their taxes, without trying to avoid it into offshore income etc etc.

They’ve put several millions into the club as well as loans at interest free which are only to be repaid if the club can afford it. The accounts state the directors will continue to invest in the club with new signings to enable a premier league return

Danceswithhorses

I stand corrected...seems the father owned the original bookies, which she took over and used as collateral to start up bet365.
The main point still stands though...surely they can wipe out Stoke's debts 10,000 times over, and it wouldn't even touch their vast fortune.

Grendel

I stand corrected...seems the father owned the original bookies, which she took over and used as collateral to start up bet365.
The main point still stands though...surely they can wipe out Stoke's debts 10,000 times over, and it wouldn't even touch their vast fortune.

They have loaned £170 m all interest free and not being paid back and Denise Coates said they’ll back the manager with more funds if required

Users who are viewing this thread