Match Thread Derby Match Thread (2 Viewers)

Frostie

4-2-3-1 with Giles starting on the right again I assume. Probably swap from time to time with Shipley.

cc84cov

No sheaf then,Giles,Shipley & O’Hare should cause them all sorts of problems tonight with their running

Sky Blue Pete

Dabo limp can’t have been too bad!!

Have to say I’m really surprised Ben Wilson is first choice but it’s only fair I suppose

Happy_Martian

After his performance against Naaaarwich, good to see Wilson being kept between the sticks. Otherwise 4-1-4-1 again. So expect Walker to be starved of service (again) until the subs are made :(

procdoc

Basically you’re manager is far too negative, instead of seeing this game as easy 3 points like every other manager in the league, he’ll see it as, if we lose Derby are 3 points closer to us, we better not lose. this approach will then give the worst team in the league a fighting chance against you. You should be going out to batter them but instead you’ll be trying not to lose.
I’ll trust Robins’ judgement over some random Barnsley fan thanks

SleepyGinger

Just don’t think we’ve got the players in the squad to play this formation. MR a knows better than me though, looking forward to this one, come on city!

D

Deleted member 2477

Happy with that side and plenty of options on the bench

Esoterica

The start of a massive 6 games. We've dropped so many points against the bottom 6 since MR has been back in charge but it has been improving every season.

L2: P12 W3 D3 L6 (6th)
L1: P12 W6 D2 L4 (8th)
L1: P11 W7 D3 L1 (Winners)
Championship: P1 L1

Total: P35 W16 D8 L11

We will only know if this is an attacking or defensive 4-2-3-1 when the players are out on the pitch. If the defence is deep and there's a massive gap between the DMs and AMs as a result, or if the fullbacks aren't getting forward much, then it'll be the same as the last 3 games - tight for an hour and then open up a bit. Should be more football played though through a front 4, and less crosses into an empty box than with wingbacks and a lone striker. Formation suits the players in it well.

Going for 2-2.

SeaSeeEffCee

Would have preferred to have seen two up top but I suppose you can't go too wrong with the formation that's kept us two clean sheets in two games.

Users who are viewing this thread