Match Thread Derby (H) FA CUP (1 Viewer)

slowpoke

Robins substitution strategy still baffled me all these years on.
Not really, I think Robins stuck with what was on the pitch being 1-0 up and a possibility of extra-time I can understand why. He could have changed a number earlier but as I said being one up held off.

Briles

I've a horrible feeling that I can't shake, that this transfer window is going to be like the old days. Sell a key player late in the window with no time to adequately replace.

O'Hare has just signed a new contract so its only Hamer we need to worry about. Although maybe O'Hare has signed a new contract so we get more money for him 🤔

fernandopartridge

Not really, I think Robins stuck with what was on the pitch being 1-0 up and a possibility of extra-time I can understand why. He could have changed a number earlier but as I said being one up held off.
What a silly logic, the point of the subs is to avoid extra time

pusbccfc

I'm not sure 10 minutes would have made a difference.

Speedies_Chips

It's a good controlled win tbf after not having a competitive game for weeks. Shipley above his pay grade. Allen good again. Dabo had a nightmare. Sheaf excellent all game. But the back three definately gelled together very well. JCS adds the balance and I would not be surprised to see Mc.Fazdean on the bench next game, which would be really unfair on him, while understandable. Wilson again proved he is a great reserve keeper to have. remember we did this without O'Hare and a largely subdued Hamer. Got to be pleased with that as derby came with intent today. bring on Perterborough next week!
Fadz is our best defender by miles. No way will he be on the bench next Sat.

steve cooper

O'Hare has just signed a new contract so its only Hamer we need to worry about. Although maybe O'Hare has signed a new contract so we get more money for him 🤔
Why would O'Hare sign an extended contract to make us more money?
If he was on his way why would he want his new club to pay a bigger transfer fee, that's assuming that a player with a 2.5 year contract is worth more than one with a 1.5 year contract, which I doubt.

Covkid1968#

That Was awful… JCS got Dabo out of jail a few times. Wilson’s save was class. Onto the next round although this has completely fooked up my early Feb birthday weekend in Nottingham.

blunted

Thought we had the best chances particularly in the first half. Godden missed a sitter, Allen hit the post, Shippers had two shots that were deflected. Think we sat back a bit in the second half which made them look good but our back 3 were awesome. JCS was very good today and had to cover for Dabo who was seriously bad today. Dabo looks like a fish out of water when he is not at RWB and just looked as if his legs had gone today. We got lucky when they got past us to the byline on too many occasions. Wilson gets loads of stick and for second choice looked really good. Shippers was fine today and the usual suspects were on his case from the KO. Allen was good, Godden isolated, Sheaf excellent. Disappointed with JJs contribution. Hyam and Rose really good, Kane dangerous and Hamer fine. MR and AV got it right playing an extra midfielder as Derby outplayed us in the second half in the league match. Ref good, pitch shit.

Paxman II

Fadz is our best defender by miles. No way will he be on the bench next Sat.

I agree but but I think Robins will balance the side on the left with JCS so if not faz it will be Rose most likely making way. It's a team game and sometimes you have to be ruthless.

Brighton Sky Blue

More clinical opposition would have torn us a new one, Derby could say the same too.

Poor game but through to the next round anyway. JCS strong and covering for Dabo having a defensive horror show.

Godden up top on his own a waste of time. We go again

Reactions: AOM

Sky Blue Harry H

Thought we had the best chances particularly in the first half. Godden missed a sitter, Allen hit the post, Shippers had two shots that were deflected. Think we sat back a bit in the second half which made them look good but our back 3 were awesome. JCS was very good today and had to cover for Dabo who was seriously bad today. Dabo looks like a fish out of water when he is not at RWB and just looked as if his legs had gone today. We got lucky when they got past us to the byline on too many occasions. Wilson gets loads of stick and for second choice looked really good. Shippers was fine today and the usual suspects were on his case from the KO. Allen was good, Godden isolated, Sheaf excellent. Disappointed with JJs contribution. Hyam and Rose really good, Kane dangerous and Hamer fine. MR and AV got it right playing an extra midfielder as Derby outplayed us in the second half in the league match. Ref good, pitch shit.

That's pretty much how I saw it - actually felt sorry for Dabo. It felt as though if they'd have got the ball out to Ebosele more, Dabo would have got a red (as he was looking more and more p*ssed off!). Like someone said on the radio, when he went down I thought he wanted to get off the pitch. We really need to sort out cover for the lwb position. Well done JCS today.

Bugsy

2 positives
1. We won through to the next round.
2. We are on MOTD tonight.....PUSB

jmorr

Robins talks about players having to isolate because of being a close contact. Is that because they are not vaccinated or are the rules and protocols different for EFL players?

Chip Batch

I feel a bit sorry for Dabo. Being played out of position a bit this season is making him look worse than he is. He’s been brilliant at RWB for two years, but he’s had a spell with injuries this season, and covering at centre back and LWB is doing him no favours - they’re not his positions.

When he’s at full fitness and confidence playing RWB he’s one of our best players.

Grendel

I feel a bit sorry for Dabo. Being played out of position a bit this season is making him look worse than he is. He’s been brilliant at RWB for two years, but he’s had a spell with injuries this season, and covering at centre back and LWB is doing him no favours - they’re not his positions.

When he’s at full fitness and confidence playing RWB he’s one of our best players.

he seems to have lost pace

Bugsy

theferret

Some odd comments on here. A very comfortable afternoon. Barely got out of 2nd gear and didn't need to, Derby were absolutely dogshit.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

We're through to the fourth round. If we draw a big club no one will care about this game.

Grendel

Boreham Wood are winning - take them at home and get a cup run for once

clint van damme

Bit off topic but Colchester Rochdale a late call off, not one fuck given about the travelling fans as usual

slowpoke

No it isn’t and you know it Robins made the correct decision holding off subs as late as possible, we won get over it.

Adge

Bit off topic but Colchester Rochdale a late call off, not one fuck given about the travelling fans as usual
Right, so let the game go ahead on a dangerous playing surface with a risk to the safety of the players.

Users who are viewing this thread