Match Thread Derby (H) FA CUP (1 Viewer)

Briles

Why would O'Hare sign an extended contract to make us more money?
If he was on his way why would he want his new club to pay a bigger transfer fee, that's assuming that a player with a 2.5 year contract is worth more than one with a 1.5 year contract, which I doubt.

Bit like what grealish did for villa

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Why would O'Hare sign an extended contract to make us more money?
If he was on his way why would he want his new club to pay a bigger transfer fee, that's assuming that a player with a 2.5 year contract is worth more than one with a 1.5 year contract, which I doubt.
That bottom comment is wrong, of course the longer contract makes him worth more. A player in his last year goes for 0 at the end, team is more likely to accept a lower offer. The extra year means we’re in the driving seat for the next 12 months

steve cooper

That bottom comment is wrong, of course the longer contract makes him worth more. A player in his last year goes for 0 at the end, team is more likely to accept a lower offer. The extra year means we’re in the driving seat for the next 12 months
I accept that. My comment referred more to whether he would go in this window, with still around 1.5 years on his contract.
O'Hare is with Wasserman agents I believe, I would be very surprised if they advised him to sign an extra 1 year contract if there was imminent interest in him.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

I accept that. My comment referred more to whether he would go in this window, with still around 1.5 years on his contract.
O'Hare is with Wasserman agents I believe, I would be very surprised if they advised him to sign an extra 1 year contract if there was imminent interest in him.
Well it depends, it maybe a help us out and we’ll bump your pay up but put an agreed release clause.

haven’t we signed a few players from Wasserman? Could be a aldi version of Mina Raiola and Real Madrid

Hobo

Not a draw on the gate. Plus I have seen too many embarrassing cup performances against lower division teams. Another potential giant killing against Cov - no thanks.

I would rather have someone like Birmingham.

Followed up by Man City. 😁

slowpoke

There’s a number of our players with Wasserman Simon Moore and Tyler Walker being two there could be others

Grendel

Not a draw on the gate. Plus I have seen too many embarrassing cup performances against lower division teams. Another potential giant killing against Cov - no thanks.

Crystal Palace away?

Tommo1993

Meh. The pathway to the 5th round + £90000. Boreham Wood or a fellow championship team? I know what I’d rather.

slowpoke

Anyone at home, having said that I’d take Man United away for the gate receipts and telly money.

covcity4life

Disagree there. Thought Allen was a threat first half and kept working hard throughout. Deserved his start and deserves to keep his place imo
You mean you disagree with one thing lol

Seen a few posters say Allen played well. I didn't see it. Nothing to suggest he should start games anyway especially as AMC

Although if we play box he would be first in line to have the spot next to o hare over Jones and shipley

NortonSkyBlue

I’m pretty sure we would have more than that figure if we had some incentive offer.
It’s the FACup and we have to get the agreement of Derby if they are prepared to accept lower ticket prices. In their current predicament that wasn’t going to happen.

Nick

Administrator
We played boreham wood not so long ago. Still remember one of their players stamping on one of ours head.

Frostie

Not the greatest performance but a win's a win.
Back 3 + Wilson & Allen decent, Sheaf very good.

Derby controlled the game better & forced 2 good stops from Wilson but really, with the exception of Ebosele, they didn't offer too much - thankfully, despite beating Dabo for fun his final ball was atrocious.

We had a few decent chances ourselves, Allen unlucky to hit the post & Godden's miss was a shocker.

Hopefully this kind of ugly win can see us kick on.

Nick

Administrator
Madness how they have var in some games. If we get a prem team away is going to be weird.

stay_up_skyblues

Not the best watch but expected with the formation. We won so have to say the tactics worked. A good result ground out against a lower mid table championship team based on form. Given we made five changes and have been on a crap run you have to take that.

Criticism of Godden harsh imo, tough up there on your own with very little support from the AMs. Not sure either of Gyo or Walker would have fared any better. Had we not been leading I’m sure it would have been switched to two strikers.

Dabo had his worst game for a while. Possibly his worst ever behind the Portsmouth game. But out of position and unfit so won’t dwell on it.

CBs did well clearly. MOM between Hyam and Wilson for me.

Shippers clearly on his way. Stayed on the pitch alone doing a bit of a lap of honour, waving at the fans and bumping the badge on his chest. Evidently this was his swan song rather than a tactical decision to play him over others. I’ll say Jones as I think MR would have looked to bench Callum today regardless. Good luck lad, just miles off this level unfortunately.

Attendance disappointing if expected. Would have thought a few more of the season ticket holders would turn up but hey ho. Gotta give Derby fans credit for the numbers and noise given where they are and that they were here recently.

Villa/Utd at home next please.

Last edited:

Bugsy

Cambridge just had a goal disallowed by var

Been given lol

Do think it's totally unfair that var is only at prem team grounds in a comp where all league sides play

AOM

Personally thought Derby were poor and didnt really look threatening.
I was more worried about an odd mistake at the back that would get them a goal back.
We'd have been punished by a better team.

Sheaf man of the match. Back three and Wilson also good

Users who are viewing this thread