Deal agreed with rangers for John Fleck (1 Viewer)

Mary_Mungo_Midge

Manager Andy Thorn said: 'I am really pleased to get John on board because he is someone I have liked for a while now.'

Strange therefore that he joined given other options, given Thorn is alleged to be 'the worst manager in City's history'...

smileycov

Facebook User
being a scotland fan i have watched him play a lot for the u19's and u21s as well as for rangers a few times (have a lot of rangers fans in the family) and from what i've seen he has the potential to be a fantastic player and easily the most skilfull player we have had since religation from the premiership. he strikes me as the sort of player that will thrive as the big fish in a small pond situation that he finds himself in now and the fact that i think we will build our team around him for the next few years.

That will do for me !! :D

WillieStanley

I'm not sure what I'm more amazed at - that we've seemingly paid actual money for a young, talented midfiedler with bagsof potential, or that everyone on here is positive about it!

Today is a good day.

To quote a great man "Done, Done, On to the next one"

Nonleagueherewecome

I'm not sure what I'm more amazed at - that we've seemingly paid actual money for a young, talented midfiedler with bagsof potential, or that everyone on here is positive about it!

Today is a good day.

Highly unlikely that we've paid any money! He's not a Newco player, he's an ex-Rangers player who is a free agent.

torchomatic

It's nice to hear that he wanted to come to Coventry City too as he appears to have had other options.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Today is a good day.

According to the BBC the agreement we have reached with Rangers is about a sell on clause rather than a transfer fee.

In all the delight at the signing has anyone seen how long a contract he has signed?

Houdi

Well after weeks of seemingly unremitting gloom,a small ray of hope for the future.I wonder how long it will last though?:eek:Hopefully at least 2 or 3 more net signings,and we can hopefully look forward to the new season,with a small degree of optimsm.Maybe we can win more matches than we lose,and score more goals than we concede,that would be a novelty.:claping hands:

Nonleagueherewecome

Well after weeks of seemingly unremitting gloom,a small ray of hope for the future.I wonder how long it will last though?:eek:Hopefully at least 2 or 3 more net signings,and we can hopefully look forward to the new season,with a small degree of optimsm.Maybe we can win more matches than we lose,and score more goals than we concede,that would be a novelty.:claping hands:

Ooh, netto, hiya Mr Gullit! :wave:

kg82

According to the BBC the agreement we have reached with Rangers is about a sell on clause rather than a transfer fee.

In all the delight at the signing has anyone seen how long a contract he has signed?

3 years, they just said on Sky!

SkyblueCookie

So hard work into getting Kilbane on board then what? Who else would we need to get in to even think about promotion next year? Echoing what was said earlier a Nimely loan would be fantastic. Good signing today though.

SkyBlue_Bear83

So hard work into getting Kilbane on board then what? Who else would we need to get in to even think about promotion next year? Echoing what was said earlier a Nimely loan would be fantastic. Good signing today though.
If we sign Kilbane then the next priority should be the centre of midfield where we are weak.

smileycov

Facebook User
We need a striker now!! anyone heard of any one being linked at all?

Il Pirata

Nice signing on paper. He has a bit of pace and directness, which is always useful in the English lower leagues.

Nonleagueherewecome

Nonleagueherewecome

This is Shaun Jeffers' time to shine, I think we all secretly know this.

He's pretty good with his back to goal with the ball on the deck holding it up and laying it off, and he's a strong lad-could be our target man option?

Nonleagueherewecome

I genuinely hope he is given a chance.

Me too. If he gets maybe 15 starts and 20 sub appearances and bags 5-8 goals he'll have done a good job and replaced Platt as a backup option.

torchomatic

Rangers seem to be happy with the way we've done business:

But the newco chief executive revealed npower Championship side Coventry had agreed a deal for Fleck and was happy with the outcome.
He said: "Coventry City have acted in exactly the right way in the transfer of John Fleck to ensure that all three parties - both clubs and the player - are satisfied with the deal.
"We wish John and Coventry all the best for the new season."

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/footba...ismith-completes-everton-move-86908-23904312/

kg82

Rangers seem to be happy with the way we've done business:

But the newco chief executive revealed npower Championship side Coventry had agreed a deal for Fleck and was happy with the outcome.
He said: "Coventry City have acted in exactly the right way in the transfer of John Fleck to ensure that all three parties - both clubs and the player - are satisfied with the deal.
"We wish John and Coventry all the best for the new season."

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/footba...ismith-completes-everton-move-86908-23904312/

Lets hope Fleck knows we're not a Championship club!!

By the way, why has the thread been made into a poll and no options!

Nick

Administrator
For some reason when I merged another thread that was made into this it made a poll and won't let me get rid of it :(

torchomatic

Not sure. Maybe someone at one point was going to put a "we won't sign him anyway, will we" type thing.

Users who are viewing this thread