Deal agreed with rangers for John Fleck (1 Viewer)

mr_monkey101

Fleck is about 17 times better than Syers and Collins put together! You'll see..

damn right.... i'm glad we were under embargo so we didnt get syers as im not sure we would have gone in for fleck if we had

sky_blue_up_north

At least we are bring players in unlike last season, gives me some sort of optimism. Still think we need at least 3 more though.

Brighton Sky Blue

Manager Andy Thorn said: 'I am really pleased to get John on board because he is someone I have liked for a while now.'

Nonleagueherewecome

All those late night smoking sessions with Sheff doing you no good!

You're right-it's the fags what did it!

There was a great moment on the Vaughn & Tuffers Cricket Show on R5 the other night where Tuffers was talking about when he used to open the batting at U16 level. Vaughn suddenly interjects to ask, "If you were opening aged 15, how come you were so utterly useless with the bat in the pro game?!" Tuffers reply was one I could relate to: "Because at the age of 16, when most players were still working on their game, I discovered a place known as "The Pub" and things called "Smoking & Drinking". " :)

Sheff is only 29, so I reckon the lack of pace is down to the smoking-as well as the buggered knee, obviously.

Steer clear of the fags, Flecky!! :)

covcity4life

FANTASTIC signing.....now lets not undo this by selling and not replacing our defenders...we may finnaly have found the right balance?

mr_monkey101

You seem to rate Fleck, what do you know about him? Please enlighten us.

being a scotland fan i have watched him play a lot for the u19's and u21s as well as for rangers a few times (have a lot of rangers fans in the family) and from what i've seen he has the potential to be a fantastic player and easily the most skilfull player we have had since religation from the premiership. he strikes me as the sort of player that will thrive as the big fish in a small pond situation that he finds himself in now and the fact that i think we will build our team around him for the next few years.

Nonleagueherewecome

He's a fantastic talent, undoubtedly Premiership potential, which I would say about a few of our other youngsters too. If you think about how teams like Hull & Norwich have grown through the divisions as they evolve, this gives me scope for dreaming of a brighter tomorrow for the first time in ages :)

SkyBlue_Bear83

:guitar2::guitar2::guitar2::guitar2::guitar2::guitar2::guitar2::guitar2::guitar2::guitar2::guitar2::guitar2::guitar2::guitar2::guitar2::guitar2::guitar2::guitar2::guitar2::guitar2::guitar2::guitar2::guitar2::guitar2::guitar2::guitar2::guitar2::guitar2::guitar2::guitar2::guitar2::guitar2::guitar2::guitar2::guitar2::guitar2::guitar2::guitar2:

being a scotland fan i have watched him play a lot for the u19's and u21s as well as for rangers a few times (have a lot of rangers fans in the family) and from what i've seen he has the potential to be a fantastic player and easily the most skilfull player we have had since religation from the premiership. he strikes me as the sort of player that will thrive as the big fish in a small pond situation that he finds himself in now and the fact that i think we will build our team around him for the next few years.

Wow so you'd rate him more than Norwood and dare I say it.......Clingan?

Nonleagueherewecome

Similar to quality to Norwood but not the same type of player as him or Sammy. He's more advanced, more attacking, can dribble and shoot.

torchomatic

John Fleck. Now Officially Ours

Coventry City have pulled off a major transfer coup by signing highly-rated midfielder John Fleck.

The 20-year-old has been pursued by a host of Premier League and Championship clubs but the Sky Blues have landed the Scottish under-21 international.

Coventry City recognised The Rangers Football Club's rights and have agreed a financial deal to sign Fleck that has been mutually agreed by all three parties.

Manager Andy Thorn said: "I am really pleased to get John on board because he is someone I have liked for a while now.

"I have brought a lot of young talent to this football club who have gone on to great things and I believe that John could be the best of the lot."

Fleck began his career with Glasgow Rangers and played more than 40 times for the club, his first appearance coming as a 15-year-old.

Last season, he enjoyed a loan spell with Blackpool.

Charles Green, Chief Executive of The Rangers Football Club, said: "Coventry City have acted in exactly the right way in the transfer of John Fleck to ensure that all three parties - both clubs and the player - are satisfied with the deal.

"We wish John and Coventry all the best for the new season."

6 Generations

Positive news. A refreshing change from the daily drivel on which we have been drip fed for months. Let us hope that this lad fulfils his promise.

PUSB

covcity4life

great post! made me happy!

mr_monkey101

i think he has the potential to be better than both of them but they are slightly different types of player.... fleck is lot more forward thinking and running that norwood or clingan....he wont make the big ranging passes that norwood or clingan did when they played well but he will run at people and create things from there.

as you can probably tell i'm a little bit excited over this signing :)

rob9872

Similar to quality to Norwood but not the same type of player as him or Sammy. He's more advanced, more attacking, can dribble and shoot.

Before people get too excited (and I'm not dismissing him as I 've never seen the guy play, so in the interest of balance) 3 goals in 66 games, so probably best not to bank on the shooting abilities just yet.

covcity4life

if only we had norwood too lol

saying that more play time for conor and gael....lets see if they can express themselves now.

Nonleagueherewecome

The important thing is he brings creativity and flair to the mix, not to mention a bit of swagger and class, that's what we need.

Sky Blue Jay

So happy about this signing my friend at work is a big rangers fan and says he would be a excellent signing I've never heard of him before now but from what I'm being told he's a top top player...

skyblueinBaku

Agree OSB on the trading, but pretty sure Waggott will be negotiating with Thorn's targets and therefore his players (so not in an Abramovic "I'll buy the players you coach them".
That's the way I see it, too. AT identifies the targets and Waggott tries to sign them up - Bang, Bang, Bang.

SkyBlue_Bear83

With Fleck, Elliot, Mcdonald, Baker and Mcsheffrey I am looking forward to seeing us attack the opposition and hopefully score some goals next season. I think I would wet myself a bit if we could get Nimely on a season long loan also :eek:

So is anyone who hasn't yet considering buying a season ticket now?

procdoc

I'm chuffed to bits with this signing. A creative, attacking midfielder who is still young. He might be a bit nuts but he should tear League One a new arsehole. It means we'll probably sell him in January to make a profit but lets enjoy him whilst he's here!

skybluebeduff

I'm chuffed to bits with this signing. A creative, attacking midfielder who is still young. He might be a bit nuts but he should tear League One a new arsehole. It means we'll probably sell him in January to make a profit but lets enjoy him whilst he's here!

Can't leave now until next season, unless on loan.

Users who are viewing this thread